Is our HB group historically bad?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
People talk about how much we upgraded the line, but really we just replaced two starters with rookies. And Guyton is not going to he an upgrade over Smith. Beebe should be better than Biadasz, but probably by not as much as people expect
We’re not going to know if we upgraded the line until the regular season starts. We have some potential upfront, but the jury is still out.

CWR

Reaction score
We have two backs that are completely out of gas in Elliott and Cook. And two backs who have done next to nothing in the NFL. We are at a point where Rico Dowdle is our best hope to have an adequate every down back

Is it possible we have one of the worst HB groups of all time. I honestly cant remember a worse group anywhere
It's no different than Joseph Randle, DMC, Alf.

At least I don't believe it is. I suspect similar results. Although that line was special and I'm only projecting with this one.

CWR

Reaction score
People talk about how much we upgraded the line, but really we just replaced two starters with rookies. And Guyton is not going to he an upgrade over Smith. Beebe should be better than Biadasz, but probably by not as much as people expect
We are also projecting Steele to play better and growth from Tyler Smith.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's no different than Joseph Randle, DMC, Alf.

At least I don't believe it is. I suspect similar results. Although that line was special and I'm only projecting with this one.
Randle at least showed something as a backup. Going in to 2015, there was an possibility he could be a decent back

Reactions: CWR

Loso86

Reaction score
We have two backs that are completely out of gas in Elliott and Cook. And two backs who have done next to nothing in the NFL. We are at a point where Rico Dowdle is our best hope to have an adequate every down back

Is it possible we have one of the worst HB groups of all time. I honestly cant remember a worse group anywhere
Funny how most of our fans hate paying RBs and say anybody could play it's a plenty of backs out there. But when we don't have who you want it's a problem lmao

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Half backs? Lol...
Two halves make a whole back...I'd rather look at it like that.....yes, I know....I'm a homer and boot licker. I good with that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do we know. We have not seen them on the field to play yet.
All fan speculation with many of the usual doom and gloom thoughts And opinions.

kskboys

Reaction score

It is definitely in the conversation.

There is this really ridiculous idea that who you have at RB doesn't matter, and you can easily find starters. You can even prove to the ones spewing this idea that it is unequivocally false, and there they are, spewing the same trash in the next thread. Meanwhile, the super bowl contenders spend lots of resources at the position, SF w/ McCaffrey and KC spent a 1st a few drafts ago. And would've spent another had they not gotten lucky w/ Pacheco working out.