Is our HB group historically bad?

rambo2

Reaction score
We have two backs that are completely out of gas in Elliott and Cook. And two backs who have done next to nothing in the NFL. We are at a point where Rico Dowdle is our best hope to have an adequate every down back

Is it possible we have one of the worst HB groups of all time. I honestly cant remember a worse group anywhere
In 1967 we had Dan Reeves playing running back.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Funny how most of our fans hate paying RBs and say anybody could play it's a plenty of backs out there. But when we don't have who you want it's a problem lmao
I believe this group of backs will surprise,because this offensive line should be good at opening large holes.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
It’s pretty bad and I say that as one of the biggest Deuce believers on this forum.

They should have signed Henry. Henry ramming defended with Deuce spelling him and Dowdle as the 3rd would be a good backfield.
Exactly right,I was also someone who wanted to see Henry with a star on his helmet .Can you imagine him running behind this line.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
It IS pretty humorous that some of the same people who have been telling us that any Tom, Dick and Harry should be plugged in at running back and the Cowboys would be fine are now advocating for finding a bona fide stud for the position. Openly lamenting the lack of a "bell cow" which they were just telling us not to long ago we didn't need.
I would like to see Luepke develop into a Mike Allstot type fullback and see if that would help in the run game.This line will maul their way in the run game.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
By getting rid of Murray and replacing him with Trash which led to Romo's injury. And of course the following year Jerry compensated by overdrafting Zeke. And the circle goes round and round.
Jerry has definitely made plenty of mistakes, but I never thought drafting Zeke was one of them.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dallas COULD have signed Aaron Jones.

Zeke/Cook: $10M, $7.8M guaranteed

Aaron Jones: $7M. $7M guaranteed

I dunno about you guys but: AJones - Dowdle - Vaughn

would have been a nice backfield.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have two backs that are completely out of gas in Elliott and Cook. And two backs who have done next to nothing in the NFL. We are at a point where Rico Dowdle is our best hope to have an adequate every down back

Is it possible we have one of the worst HB groups of all time. I honestly cant remember a worse group anywhere
I thought last year was bad. All we can hope is Dowdle stays healthy, Cooks has something left and Zeke can get them the short yardage 1st downs and TD’s.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's not even close to the worst of all time. Thos ewhonsay that do not remember Darryl Moose Johnson was a TAILBACK with the backfield mate Tommy Agee.
When was this? Agee wasnt' with Dallas in 1989, and from 1990 on Emmitt Smith was in the room.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Look at the Cowboy running back group in 1989:

Paul Palmer
Broderick Sargent
Junior Tautalatasi
Darryl Clack
Kevin Scott
Daryl Johnston
Walker was part of that group until traded. Walker by himself in 89 was better than our entire RB room in 2024.

heir

Reaction score
When was this? Agee wasnt' with Dallas in 1989, and from 1990 on Emmitt Smith was in the room.
I tried to go off of memory and probably got my years mixed up a bit. I just remember Moose being a RB with not much around him. You are right, I looked it up and Agee came in 90. I should have googled it before posting. My apologies.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
And here they come! Your 2024 running back unit!

giphy-downsized-large.gif