Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
32 #1’s in the nfl with that definition. He’s Dallas’s top target because they don’t have better. If they had better he wouldn’t be. And it circled all the way back to Devonta again.
Dude what the hell are you talking about? He led the team in catches and yrds last year with Cooper..

shabazz

Reaction score
I hope you people that are mad at Lamb right now, I hope you understand he's a young dude that has some learning to do... that's on the coaches. Be mad at the coaching staff too, folks. Coach is not exempt from criticism.

I hope nobody is really mad at Lamb. He is what he is and there are no guarantees

cmoney23

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
I'd say Waddle is about the cut-off for me.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It is speculative that Dak's two ints were a result of CeeDee running the wrong routes.......Hmmm!
Nope. Lamb was running his routes to go over the top of the safety, since he was just sitting there. Dak threw it to the under the safety spot.

If our OC was better he'd get rid of the over under option routes in the middle of the field. Option routes in the middle of the field should be cut out completely. While option routes to the outside wide receivers should be over under only. A play designer and caller should set his on rules and follow them. So I don't blame either player, I blame the play designer.

Cmac

Reaction score
Nope. Lamb was running his routes to go over the top of the safety, since he was just sitting there. Dak threw it to the under the safety spot.

If our OC was better he'd get rid of the over under option routes in the middle of the field. Option routes in the middle of the field should be cut out completely. While option routes to the outside wide receivers should be over under only. A play designer and caller should set his on rules and follow them. So I don't blame either player, I blame the play designer.
It worked at Boise. Huh?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It worked at Boise. Huh?
Nope. Boise ran a run and shot offense like Texas Tech. But Boise had a lot of motions and misdirection short passes incorporated into their play calling, like the Kansas City Chiefs. In other words they had a real play caller at Boise. Not some fake knockoff.

GMO415

Reaction score
Lamb is on the cheap now. When his payday comes, he'll leave and become All Decade for someone else. That's how this works.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Sure

I don’t rate players on a single game, we talked about this earlier. If brown isn’t a 1 because of 1 game and Lamb is because of 1, what happens next week?
No but sure seemed like when Ceedee didnt have 100yds in a game you would tally it up.

Regardless of that fact, in your mind, AJ brown is a bonafide #1 when his numbers are similar to Ceedee’s

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No but sure seemed like when Ceedee didnt have 100yds in a game you would tally it up.

Regardless of that fact, in your mind, AJ brown is a bonafide #1 when his numbers are similar to Ceedee’s

Because that wasn’t A game. It was 18 consecutive games. If he has 18 consecutive 100 yard games then we’ll have a different conversation

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Because that wasn’t A game. It was 18 consecutive games. If he has 18 consecutive 100 yard games then we’ll have a different conversation
Just admit it was a terrible take and move on.

He had games of 94, 97, 87 mixed in with games he hadnt played the entire game or left with injury. So 3 more yards against the Commanders or 6 more yards against the Falcons (wouldve gave him 100yds) would mean hes a legitimate number 1???

Mind you, Amari Cooper didnt have any 100yd games here after that Sunday Night game against the Vikings either, so it obviously was a problem w the QB/Offense

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Just admit it was a terrible take and move on.

He had games of 94, 97, 87 mixed in with games he hadnt played the entire game or left with injury. So 3 more yards against the Commanders or 6 more yards against the Falcons (wouldve gave him 100yds) would mean hes a legitimate number 1???

Mind you, Amari Cooper didnt have any 100yd games here after that Sunday Night game against the Vikings either, so it obviously was a problem w the QB/Offense

Its not. You admit you’re looking at it from a homeristic approach. There is a divide between Lamb and the true number 1’s. Amari wasn’t one either. He should be, but he just never takes that next step

cnuball21

Reaction score
Sure

I don’t rate players on a single game, we talked about this earlier. If brown isn’t a 1 because of 1 game and Lamb is because of 1, what happens next week?

“True #1’s don’t go game-to-game on the precipice of whether or not they’re good enough.”

This isn’t agin well for you…your words not mine.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
“True #1’s don’t go game-to-game on the precipice of whether or not they’re good enough.”

This isn’t agin well for you…your words not mine.

I think you’re not understanding that quote correctly. All receivers in NFL history have down games, it’s part of the position. What that quote is saying is #1 status isn’t added and removed week to week.

He brought up CeeDee because CeeDee had a big game. 1 week decided the difference? What happens if he doesn’t have a big game next week? That’s a silly way to look at it. CeeDee as a whole is his pedestal, not a random game in November.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think you’re not understanding that quote correctly. All receivers in NFL history have down games, it’s part of the position. What that quote is saying is #1 status isn’t added and removed week to week.

He brought up CeeDee because CeeDee had a big game. 1 week decided the difference? What happens if he doesn’t have a big game next week? That’s a silly way to look at it. CeeDee as a whole is his pedestal, not a random game in November.

It’s not, I’ve been referencing body of work all along. Now that AJ had an awful game looks like you want to back track and do the same.

It’s ok to admit you were wrong, it actually shows a lot.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It’s not, I’ve been referencing body of work all along. Now that AJ had an awful game looks like you want to back track and do the same.

It’s ok to admit you were wrong, it actually shows a lot.

I have repeatedly stated 1 game doesn’t change a players circumstance on the list, even before Monday night. Where did I say otherwise? You may be confusing me with Willie

cnuball21

Reaction score
I have repeatedly stated 1 game doesn’t change a players circumstance on the list, even before Monday night. Where did I say otherwise? You may be confusing me with Willie

I literally just shared the quote and you said if Lamb has another TB game his projection goes way down and that #1s don't do that.

It's ok...all is forgiven when you claim Lamb as the #1 he is.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I literally just shared the quote and you said if Lamb has another TB game his projection goes way down and that #1s don't do that.

It's ok...all is forgiven when you claim Lamb as the #1 he is.

Yes, that was in response to Willie. because Willie is basing it solely on this year’s projection, when the receivers I stated all had as big or bigger years. Robert woods had a 1400 yard year. Tyler locket had a 100 catch, double digit TD year. Adam Thielen had a 1300 yard season in 16 games. This does not automatically qualify someone as a number 1 as Willie wants it to.

The entire point in bringing up Lamb’s projection if he has a down game is to spotlight the fact that going game to game to define a #1 is silly. Not that #1’s don’t have down games, all receivers in nfl history do that.

If you think that’s an erroneous opinion to go game to game following a projection to decide a player’s worth, Willie is the guy you’re looking for.