Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

conner01

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
Doesn’t matter since you can’t have any of them
Next question

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not impossible, but it’s a difficult task. It’s not that him being good early means he won’t, it’s that Many players played at his level early and didn’t pan out the way the top guys did. More than not. It doesn’t matter if they were an 1100 yard guy by year 3 or an 800 yard guy, odds of taking the giant leap are low. They either accepted their limits, hit the peak of their talent, or just got a nice contract and became routine as opposed to pushing forward. It doesn’t mean he’s already peaking, but it also doesn’t mean he has higher to go, that’s very much up in the air right now.

I suppose the disagreement we have is that I don’t believe “highly above average” equates to a true #1. Relatively speaking, Good enough simply isn’t good enough.

I mean we’re just going in circles here. Maybe he takes another leap forward - maybe this is his ceiling. If this is his ceiling, he’s gonna have 1400 yards and 10+ TDs. Thats better than good…it’s top 10 production and it’s a number 1 that’s going to get paid a ton.

If he was an Eagle I’m sure you’d see it differently.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
Keenan Allen
And Mike Evans I think they’re slowing down.

starfan1

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

we dont need OBJ he dont move the needle.Unless of course he can stop the run. And none of these guys are available so its moot.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I mean we’re just going in circles here. Maybe he takes another leap forward - maybe this is his ceiling. If this is his ceiling, he’s gonna have 1400 yards and 10+ TDs. Thats better than good…it’s top 10 production and it’s a number 1 that’s going to get paid a ton.

If he was an Eagle I’m sure you’d see it differently.

No, I feel similarly about Devonta. Until he’s done something… he hasn’t.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No, I feel similarly about Devonta. Until he’s done something… he hasn’t.

Devonta never had the pedigree to be a 1…he’s tiny and was drafted to be a #2 and complimentary player. That’s why the Eagles traded for AJ.

Please don’t tell me you’re putting Lamb and Smith in the same boat as far as talent and skill level…

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

I wouldn't take that Jordan Jefferson guy.

Keenan Allen hasn't played in weeks because of a bad hammy. I'd take Lamb over him at this point in their careers

basel90

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Nonesense . Lamb played superb. OBJ is a cancer in the locker room . Any deflection of the real issues , Dak’s mediocrity and coaching is useless

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Devonta never had the pedigree to be a 1…he’s tiny and was drafted to be a #2 and complimentary player. That’s why the Eagles traded for AJ.

Please don’t tell me you’re putting Lamb and Smith in the same boat as far as talent and skill level…

Tiny? Weight-wise maybe, but Smith is only 1 inch shorter than AJ. CeeDee has a wingspan of 6’5, Smith’s is 6’6.

I think Smith is a better downfield receiver, better route runner, and has better hands, so no I don’t think theyre equal skill level

cnuball21

Reaction score
Tiny? Weight-wise maybe, but Smith is only 1 inch shorter than AJ. CeeDee has a wingspan of 6’5, Smith’s is 6’6.

I think Smith is a better downfield receiver, better route runner, and has better hands, so no I don’t think theyre equal skill level

Haha..oh man this is great.

We should do another position after this one.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Haha..oh man this is great.

We should do another position after this one.

Sure.

If CeeDee were an Eagle right now in our offense, we’d still be feeding the ball to AJ and he probably wouldn’t sniff 1000 yards. Then if DeVonta were a Cowboy and your default #1, you’d have to also push the ball to him and he’d be on pace for well over 1000 yards and we’d be talking about how it’d be ridiculous to say CeeDee is on Devonta’s level.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Sure.

If CeeDee were an Eagle right now in our offense, we’d still be feeding the ball to AJ and he probably wouldn’t sniff 1000 yards. Then if DeVonta were a Cowboy and your default #1, you’d have to also push the ball to him and he’d be on pace for well over 1000 yards and we’d be talking about how it’d be ridiculous to say CeeDee is on Devonta’s level.

Lamb had over 1000 his first 2 seasons as the #2 to Cooper. Good try though.

Keep it coming this is fun.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lamb had over 1000 his first 2 seasons as the #2 to Cooper. Good try though.

Keep it coming this is fun.

He did not have over 1000 his rookie season… you just made that up. His rookie year went similar to Devonta’s when Philadelphia was like the 20th(?) best pass offense in the nfl. He had 1100 last year in the #1 passing offense in the nfl yes, where Amari Cooper is no AJ Brown.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He did not have over 1000 his rookie season… you just made that up. His rookie year went similar to Devonta’s when Philadelphia was like the 20th(?) best pass offense in the nfl. He had 1100 last year in the #1 passing offense in the nfl yes, where Amari Cooper is no AJ Brown.

You’re right, I was thinking average. But he had no problem “sniffing” 1000 yards both years. He’s been sniffing around for holes in the defense since he’s been in the league and been a stud at it.

Little light weight Smith is not on the same level. Great 2 - but won’t be that guy.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You’re right, I was thinking average. But he had no problem “sniffing” 1000 yards both years. He’s been sniffing around for holes in the defense since he’s been in the league and been a stud at it.

Little light weight Smith is not on the same level. Great 2 - but won’t be that guy.

CeeDee’s 935 yards is “sniffing” 1000 but Smith’s 915 after being benched in the 17th game due to resting starters isnt?

but Again, what they become is projecting. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. But neither is until they are.

cnuball21

Reaction score
CeeDee’s 935 yards is “sniffing” 1000 but Smith’s 915 after being benched in the 17th game due to resting starters isnt?

but Again, what they become is projecting. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. But neither is until they are.

Lambs already tracking despite playing with a backup QB for 4 games this year. Smith is not.

Round and round we go weeeeeeeee.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lambs already tracking despite playing with a backup QB for 4 games this year. Smith is not.

Round and round we go weeeeeeeee.

You say backup as if that’s some detriment to CeeDee. Even with yesterday’s big game, ever since Rush’s first start last year CeeDee has averaged more yards per game with him than Dak.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You say backup as if that’s some detriment to CeeDee. Even with yesterday’s big game, ever since Rush’s first start last year CeeDee has averaged more yards per game with him than Dak.

Now Rush is better than Dak…this is getting even better.

What about Zack Martin? Slightly above average?
Parsons - mediocre?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Now Rush is better than Dak…this is getting even better.

What about Zack Martin? Slightly above average?
Parsons - mediocre?

Again, hyperbole. Because Rush looks for him more or pushes the ball to him doesn’t indicate any QBing superiority. Just that he’s more beneficial to CeeDee’s statline.