Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yes, that was in response to Willie. because Willie is basing it solely on this year’s projection, when the receivers I stated all had as big or bigger years. Robert woods had a 1400 yard year. Tyler locket had a 100 catch, double digit TD year. Adam Thielen had a 1300 yard season in 16 games. This does not automatically qualify someone as a number 1 as Willie wants it to.

The entire point in bringing up Lamb’s projection if he has a down game is to spotlight the fact that going game to game to define a #1 is silly. Not that #1’s don’t have down games, all receivers in nfl history do that.

If you think that’s an erroneous opinion to go game to game following a projection to decide a player’s worth, Willie is the guy you’re looking for.

L

DanA

Reaction score
Because that wasn’t A game. It was 18 consecutive games. If he has 18 consecutive 100 yard games then we’ll have a different conversation

Enough being a clown.

Ceedee is 11th for yards and 11th for TD’s as an ascending player in his 3rd season. That’s clearly a no.1 receiver no matter how you try and spin it.

You can bang on about Adam Theilen or whoever but they didn’t have 2,000 career yards after their first two season, none of those guys you mention did. And a fair chunk of Ceedee’s games (17/42) have been with backup QB’s so you can’t really argue it’s just having a good QB.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Enough being a clown.

Ceedee is 11th for yards and 11th for TD’s as an ascending player in his 3rd season. That’s clearly a no.1 receiver no matter how you try and spin it.

You can bang on about Adam Theilen or whoever but they didn’t have 2,000 career yards after their first two season, none of those guys you mention did. And a fair chunk of Ceedee’s games (17/42) have been with backup QB’s so you can’t really argue it’s just having a good QB.

He’s an Eagles fan with too much time on his hands. Been proven wrong about 10 times and then backs out of his statements every time.

DTK

Reaction score
I'd talk all of them except Evans, Allen and St. Brown. First two because of age and injury, the last because he's more unproven than Lamb.

I'd take Tee Higgins over Lamb as well.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
This is ridiculous, don’t think it will be much of a talking point as don’t think ceedee will resign. He’ll continue to do his job, but the blame game and what happened to Amari last year, tell me he won’t be sticking around. Ceedee is smart enough to take his services elsewhere imho.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What's so funny about Higgins? Same draft. Similar stats. Yet Higgins plays alongside a true #1 in Chase. It's a closer debate than laughable.

Higgins just hasn’t really had to be the guy though. I think he’s a great player, and will get paid, but I’d give the nod to Lamb. I don’t watch a lot of Bengals games but I’d imagine Chase dictates a lot of coverage.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, we already know that our QB and RB stink, why not add receivers to the list. Only the Dallas Cowboys forum.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Enough being a clown.

Some of the guys I mentioned had 2000 yards their first 2 years, yeah, but Ceedee has had a better first couple years than most those players yes. However, being better than a player who didn’t see a lot of balls early in his career doesn’t just make you a true #1 today. Some players ended up ascending beyond that later. Would you say Julio is still a number #1? No, of course not, Where they are at their career now is what matters.

And CeeDee averages more yards with Rush than he has with Dak since Rush’s first start, so I wouldnt say that was some kind of hinderance to his career.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Ceedee has had a better first couple years than those players yes, but that doesn’t automatically make someone a #1. Those players ended up ascending beyond that later.

And CeeDee averages more yards with Rush than he has with Dak since Rush’s first start, so I wouldnt say that was some kind of hinderance to his career.

Which is exactly why he is a 1 and we should expect him to continue to develop.

Why is this so hard?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Which is exactly why he is a 1 and we should expect him to continue to develop.

Why is this so hard?

You can call him a number 1 for whatever reason you want, and no one can stop you. I don’t think being good early in your career and being at the top of the depth chart makes you a true number 1. It just means Dallas failed to find anyone better. I believe Dallas should keep looking for a better receiver for CeeDee to complement, as he’s not the type of guy to carry the offense when they need it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You can call him a number 1 for whatever reason you want, and no one can stop you. I don’t think being good early in your career and being at the top of the depth chart makes you a true number 1. It just means Dallas failed to find anyone better. I believe Dallas should keep looking for a better receiver for CeeDee to complement, as he’s not the type of guy to carry the offense when they need it.

Weve given you way more reasons than what you listed and you just refuse to believe or accept it.

Go post your nonsense on the Eagles forum.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Weve given you way more reasons than what you listed and you just refuse to believe or accept it.

Go post your nonsense on the Eagles forum.

If you don’t like it then stop responding. At this point it seems like you’re trying to convince yourself more than me.

“Reasons.“ saying he’ll develop into a better player later isn’t a reason why he’s a #1 now

I gave you criteria for a #1 and he checks very few of the boxes.