Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

cnuball21

Reaction score
If you don’t like it then stop responding. At this point it seems like you’re trying to convince yourself more than me.

“Reasons.“ saying he’ll develop into a better player later isn’t a reason why he’s a #1 now

I gave you criteria for a #1 and he checks very few of the boxes.

Nope, you're just ignoring everything else that's been provided on the 10+ pages of this topic b/c it doesn't fit your narrative. I'm fully confident in Lamb and his abilities so I'm all set.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nope, you're just ignoring everything else that's been provided on the 10+ pages of this topic b/c it doesn't fit your narrative. I'm fully confident in Lamb and his abilities so I'm all set.

Opinions aren’t “proven”. You think he’s something that a lot of receivers in the NFL qualify for, I think it’s more rare than that. That’s all that’s been proven

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think he meant he is always hurt
Well, I hope he meant he is always hurt
I play in 5 fantasy football leagues. I have 4 TVs with different games going and then my laptop may have a 5th on. I might just know who Keenan Allen is.

My attempts to be funny often just go right past people, and this one was no exception.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Opinions aren’t “proven”. You think he’s something that a lot of receivers in the NFL qualify for, I think it’s more rare than that. That’s all that’s been proven

Myself and others have provided stats and opinions and you’ve rejected both.

That’s fine, just like it’s fine for me to disagree with your opinions.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Exactly. Signing OBJ would give the Cowboys another complementary weapon in the passing game that opponents would have to pay more attention to than, say, Noah Brown or Jalen Tolbert. I'm not under any delusions about getting a prime OBJ, but at this point in his career he is still better than our current WR 3 and 4.
not paying any attention to Brown is our fault. That guy is absolutely as good as Gallup. He balled out when given the chance. Even that catch in the endzone that was just out of bounds was spectacular. I just dont understand why we dont throw him the ball more.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

You just asked me to stop posting here, and now you’re going back on it?

Stats for this year. Half a season. Amplified by that one single game. of course no one qualifies for #1 status based on that. His projection is varying game to game. No true #1 needs game-to-game vindication to qualify or lose their status.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

The difference is receivers like Jefferson, Chase, Hill, Hopkins have teams and QBs that will absolutely throw them the ball all game long, covered or not.

I think Dak is too aware of the criticism he faces as being the QB of the Cowboys. He tries to throw to "Open," receivers. What is "Open," in the NFL. Look at the Cards game last night, seemed like Hopkins was the intended target on every pass play. CD is damn good. "Elite," Elite is a subjective term, but I am perfectly happy with him being our best. Even if we had T. Hill then wed be seeing all these threads complaining about his salary cap hit and how he isnt worth it because now we cant afford players X,Y and Z.

You know, just different threads for Zone members to do what they do best.... complain.

DanA

Reaction score
Some of the guys I mentioned had 2000 yards their first 2 years, yeah, but Ceedee has had a better first couple years than most those players yes. However, being better than a player who didn’t see a lot of balls early in his career doesn’t just make you a true #1 today. Some players ended up ascending beyond that later. Would you say Julio is still a number #1? No, of course not, Where they are at their career now is what matters.

And CeeDee averages more yards with Rush than he has with Dak since Rush’s first start, so I wouldnt say that was some kind of hinderance to his career.

Julio has declined, Ceedee hasn’t so no idea what you’re arguing there. Where Ceedee is right now is 11th in the league for yards, and 11th for TD’s. The fact that he’s done it with three different QB’s and without too much variance and in production, and he’s demonstrated a consistent upward trajectory are only a positives.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Stats for this year. Half a season. Amplified by that one single game. of course no one qualifies for #1 status based on that. His projection is varying game to game. No true #1 needs game-to-game vindication to qualify or lose their status.

Kinda like AJ being at 60 yards or less 3 games in a row.

But you’re right - for Lamb he can’t be up and down. Only applies to Cowboys.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Julio has declined, Ceedee hasn’t so no idea what you’re arguing there. Where Ceedee is right now is 11th in the league for yards, and 11th for TD’s. The fact that he’s done it with three QB’s without too much variance and a consistent upward trajectory is only a positive.

My argument here is Julio isn’t the player he was at the time he was thought of as a true#1, what he was back then doesn’t matter to discussing what he is today.

As with the WRs you mentioned who weren’t getting the yards CeeDee didn’t his first few years. Who they were back then doesn’t define who they are today.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

as an avid fantasy player, Antonio Brown couldnt even be a starter on a Fantasy team the day Big Ben went down. The QB absolutely is tied to the WRs "Greatness." Jerry Rice was amazing, but he got to play with absolutely two of the greatest QBs that ever played the sport. Name me every great HOF Wr, and there is likely a HOF QB that was throwing to him.Not always, but in many cases.

Jefferson with Cousins is a good example. BUt hey..... what happened to that number 1 elite WR this past week? He just disappeared in a big game..... I guess he isnt really elite since hes too inconsistent???

cnuball21

Reaction score
The difference is receivers like Jefferson, Chase, Hill, Hopkins have teams and QBs that will absolutely throw them the ball all game long, covered or not.

I think Dak is too aware of the criticism he faces as being the QB of the Cowboys. He tries to throw to "Open," receivers. What is "Open," in the NFL. Look at the Cards game last night, seemed like Hopkins was the intended target on every pass play. CD is damn good. "Elite," Elite is a subjective term, but I am perfectly happy with him being our best. Even if we had T. Hill then wed be seeing all these threads complaining about his salary cap hit and how he isnt worth it because now we cant afford players X,Y and Z.

You know, just different threads for Zone members to do what they do best.... complain.

Yea, and those guys are elite. You don’t have to be elite to be a bonafide #1. Probably like 3-5 dudes that are truly elite and maybe 12-14ish dudes that are legit #1s.

All great players, but like you said half of it is volume and opportunity. This is the first year Lamb is getting fed targets so no surprise his projection is higher. Is Moore a better OC than the dudes coaching for those WRs you mentioned? Doubt it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

YES, YES, YES. People just dont pay close enough to the rest of the league. And then when you point out what happens with other teams I hear the old, "I dont care about those other teams. I care about the Cowboys." That and, "Well I guess you are OK with mediocrity." lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

You keep bringing up things I’ve said as if I never said them. All WRs are up and down. Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, all of them.

You keep bringing this up as if I didn’t state it multiple times before because Your thinking is flawed, I’ll show you:

CeeDee you said was on pace for 1400 yards.

Because of the Vikings game, he’s already down to a projection below 1300 yards.

Let’s say, in hypothetical, he has a two game stretch like the 9ers playoff game and the Bucs season opener. He could very well have 2 big games, or that could happen as well; just a hypothetical. This would then drop him below 1100 projection. We’re still so early in the season it’s that close to tapering off.

If that were to happen, would you then claim he’s lost his status as a #1? Of course not, that’d be silly. Conversely, would you claim every receiver who’s averaging over 1000 yards is a true #1 as they’re playing as well as Lamb? No, you know you wouldn’t.

His statline this year doesn’t affect your opinion of him; you will fail to use it to affect the opinion of others when yours isn’t changed regardless. Trying to state it as “proof” of anything doesn’t really prove anything, he’s not defined by a 2-game swoon or a big game or even half a season, or for that matter even a big season on par with what Robert woods or Tyler Lockett or Allen Robinson or Adam Thielen have already done. A true #1 is more than that.

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
as an avid fantasy player, Antonio Brown couldnt even be a starter on a Fantasy team the day Big Ben went down. The QB absolutely is tied to the WRs "Greatness." Jerry Rice was amazing, but he got to play with absolutely two of the greatest QBs that ever played the sport. Name me every great HOF Wr, and there is likely a HOF QB that was throwing to him.Not always, but in many cases.

Jefferson with Cousins is a good example. BUt hey..... what happened to that number 1 elite WR this past week? He just disappeared in a big game..... I guess he isnt really elite since hes too inconsistent???

No one has argued about wide receivers not having down games. Every wr in nfl history has down games.

DanA

Reaction score
My argument here is Julio isn’t the player he was at the time he was thought of as a true#1, what he was back then doesn’t matter to discussing what he is today.

As with the WRs you mentioned who weren’t getting the yards CeeDee didn’t his first few years. Who they were back then doesn’t define who they are today.

We’ve established Ceedee’s “now” is statistically 11th and this his recent past performance, as a 3rd year player he’s only getting better.

In a 32 team league, you really think the guy that is 11th best and climbing is not a no.1 receiver? That’s clown college stuff.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
We’ve established Ceedee’s “now” is statistically 11th and this his recent past performance, as a 3rd year player he’s only getting better.

In a 32 team league, you really think the guy that is 11th best and climbing is not a no.1 receiver? That’s clown college stuff.

Michael Gallup is just outside the top 100 in receiving yards. Do you believe there are 100 receivers better than Michael Gallup?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yea, and those guys are elite. You don’t have to be elite to be a bonafide #1. Probably like 3-5 dudes that are truly elite and maybe 12-14ish dudes that are legit #1s.

All great players, but like you said half of it is volume and opportunity. This is the first year Lamb is getting fed targets so no surprise his projection is higher. Is Moore a better OC than the dudes coaching for those WRs you mentioned? Doubt it.

Every game we win, Moore callas a good game. Every game we lose.... Moore is terrible. All these coordinators are good and they all get too much credit. Then they get hired as a head coach, usually go to a team that has a crappy QB and then they just flat suck and get fired.... unless they luck out and get the QB they needed. Let the Chiefs O-Coordinator got to the Lions and watch how much he sucks.