Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

cnuball21

Reaction score
What do you mean continue to get better? This has nothing to do with who CeeDee becomes as a player, it’s who he is right now. 50 guys in the NFL *could* become #1’s, should we credit them all with already being one?

Because who would you rather have on the Eagles for the next 5 years if they both finish the year with
comparable numbers. An ascending 3rd year player in Lambs who’s career is off to a great start or a 9th year vet in Thielen who just had his 3rd big year?

DanA

Reaction score
Deebo Samuel has missed games and his offense has had real problems at QB despite him being all-pro last year. I would put him above lamb.

Deandre Hopkins has missed half the season with suspension but has blown Lamb away in ypg since he came back. Despite missing 6 games he still has an outside chance of catching Lamb, which is kind of incredible if you think about it.

Marquise Brown was outpacing Lamb and working on a 1500 yard season before he got injured. He was playing out of his mind.

Circumstance is also a big factor, Dallas had the #1 passing offense last year. Do you believe if DK Metcalf was traded for CeeDee Lamb he’d be physically incapable of replicating what Lamb has done so far in this offense?

We could come up with a few other names, but I would agree Lamb is in the 15-25 range as a WR. Is that a true #1? That falls to an opinion of what a true #1 means, what a few people in this thread are having trouble accepting. I view it as a statement player. Someone who defenses gameplan against, the reason you’re where you are today.

Technically you could say there are 32 teams so there are 32 WR1’s. Then is CeeDee one of them? Of course, if that’s all it means to you

I believe you previously said there are maybe 20 guys in your definition of a no.1 (mines similar). I think Ceedee has pushed into the top 20 receivers and is still climbing. Probably sits closer to 15 than 25 in my book but there isn’t a big difference between the two. This years 11th for yards and 11th for TD’s is pretty good for a mediocre receiving core and shows he’s real no.1 material in my book.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Because who would you rather have on the Eagles for the next 5 years if they both finish the year with
comparable numbers. An ascending 3rd year player in Lambs who’s career is off to a great start or a 9th year vet in Thielen who just had his 3rd big year?

CeeDee lamb 100%. He’s top 25 wide receiver, Thielen is not.

But that doesn’t have any bearing on him being a true #1

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I believe you previously said there are maybe 20 guys in your definition of a no.1 (mines similar). I think Ceedee has pushed into the top 20 receivers and is still climbing. Probably sits closer to 15 than 25 in my book but there isn’t a big difference between the two.

No, I said 7-8. Some guys I’d put in the top 10 who aren’t true #1’s

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Right…and the circles continue.

Circles of what? That aligns with everything I’ve said so far.

im not comparing CeeDee to Thielen today, I’m comparing him to Thielen in 2017 when he played at that level. Yet you want to use that to compare them today. That is literally what the term “moving goalposts” means

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That’s got to be your opinion doesn’t it?

I do not believe there are currently 8 receivers in the nfl who are better than AJ Brown, no. And many cowboys fans in this thread agree with that. Seems more than not

cnuball21

Reaction score
Circles of what? That aligns with everything I’ve said so far.

im not comparing CeeDee to Thielen today, I’m comparing him to Thielen in 2017 when he played at that level. Yet you want to use that to compare them today. That is literally what the term “moving goalposts” means

I thought the whole point was to evaluate the WR right now? Back and forth back and forth.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I thought the whole point was to evaluate the WR right now? Back and forth back and forth.

CeeDee right now, yes. I was comparing him to past examples of receivers who had big seasons and still weren’t viewed as true #1’s to show that just putting up some yards in a bloated offense doesn’t automatically define your worth.

Proof

Reaction score
Sure

I don’t rate players on a single game, we talked about this earlier. If brown isn’t a 1 because of 1 game and Lamb is because of 1, what happens next week?

except you pulled the "what if ceedee has another game like tb?" cedee and lambs production tracks pretty similarly over the course of their careers so far (and this year) but browns an unequivocal #1 right? You guys paid 25 mil a yr for what you project him to do (but hadn't done previously) right? lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
except you pulled the "what if ceedee has another game like tb?" cedee and lambs production tracks pretty similarly over the course of their careers so far (and this year) but browns an unequivocal #1 right? You guys paid 25 mil a yr for what you project him to do (but hadn't done previously) right? lol

I “pulled” that as an example to show that it’s silly to go game to game as to whether someone is a true #1 or not.

CeeDee and Lamb’s production should track similarly, if it didn’t that’d be weird.

Brown was paid for who he is as a receiver, not who they hoped he’d become

cnuball21

Reaction score
CeeDee right now, yes. I was comparing him to past examples of receivers who had big seasons and still weren’t viewed as true #1’s to show that just putting up some yards in a bloated offense doesn’t automatically define your worth.

OK, so the Eagles having a great offense this year doesn’t pad Browns stats in a bloated offense?