Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Proof

Reaction score
I “pulled” that as an example to show that it’s silly to go game to game as to whether someone is a true #1 or not.

CeeDee and Lamb’s production should track similarly, if it didn’t that’d be weird.

Brown was paid for who he is as a receiver, not who they hoped he’d become

typo. ceedee and aj browns numbers. they've tracked consistently over the course of their careers and continue to right now. aj brown got paid 25 mil per year for the numbers ceedee is also putting up. but ceedee is younger and now the focal point of the wr corps and outpacing his previous career avgs as 1b. even if you don't use trajectory and projections, he's been remarkably similar to aj who you've already annointed and established. just odd to me

conner01

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
Silly concept
I can make a list of almost every player in the nfl that are better than that player
There is no one on that list and you could triple the size, that OBJ is better than either

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
typo. ceedee and aj browns numbers. they've tracked consistently over the course of their careers and continue to right now. aj brown got paid 25 mil per year for the numbers ceedee is also putting up. but ceedee is younger and now the focal point of the wr corps and outpacing his previous career avgs as 1b. even if you don't use trajectory and projections, he's been remarkably similar to aj who you've already annointed and established. just odd to me

Solely In cumulative yards yes. Just as Michael Gallup is not top 100 in cumulative yards this season.

Context of how and why matter just as much. Do you believe if CeeDee Lamb didn’t play for the cowboys and their offense, he would be putting up these same numbers in, say, Seattle, or Tennessee? Hence Robert Woods

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
I’d say DJ Moore and St. Brown.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Jamar Chase isn’t as good as AJ Brown? He had 1,400+ yards and 13 TD’s last season and took his team to a super bowl.

He had a great season last year, yes. But how many players do you define for their 1 season? Adam Thielen had a 1300 yard season in 16 games (as opposed to 17) and brought his team to the NFCCG. I would also argue he was never a true #1.

Chase is on his way to becoming that type of player, but he said it himself he was running go routes his rookie year not really knowing defenses or understanding why he was so effective. He’s still a bit raw, but If he can continue playing at a high level as Jefferson has, it will be hard not to say he’s a true #1.

I think Moss is the only player ever that’d I’d say “oh yeah he’s a true #1 easy” after his rookie year. Chase will very likely establish himself as one, but it’s still a bit early

Proof

Reaction score
Solely In cumulative yards yes. Just as Michael Gallup is not top 100 in cumulative yards this season.

Context of how and why matter just as much. Do you believe if CeeDee Lamb didn’t play for the cowboys and their offense, he would be putting up these same numbers in, say, Seattle, or Tennessee? Hence Robert Woods

this season? hard to say since malik willis can't seem to throw a football to save his life. dallas is in the bottom third of passing offense this season so far though (behind seattle) so yes I think it translates/travels. Can't say for certain, but yes I do think so. Robert woods is also 30 a journeyman, coming off of a torn acl and had two seasons above 1000 yards playing for one of the more innovative offensive minds in the game.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
this season? hard to say since malik willis can't seem to throw a football to save his life. dallas is in the bottom third of passing offense this season so far though (behind seattle) so yes I think it translates/travels. Can't say for certain, but yes I do think so. Robert woods is also 30 a journeyman, coming off of a torn acl and had two seasons above 1000 yards playing for one of the more innovative offensive minds in the game.

Robert Woods specifically in reference to that season he had 1400 yards.

Do you believe if DK Metcalf played for Dallas that he could put up CeeDee Lamb’s statline?

cnuball21

Reaction score
He had a great season last year, yes. But how many players do you define for their 1 season? Adam Thielen had a 1300 yard season in 16 games (as opposed to 17) and brought his team to the NFCCG. I would also argue he was never a true #1.

Chase is on his way to becoming that type of player, but he said it himself he was running go routes his rookie year not really knowing defenses or understanding why he was so effective. He’s still a bit raw, but If he can continue playing at a high level as Jefferson has, it will be hard not to say he’s a true #1.

I think Moss is the only player ever that’d I’d say “oh yeah he’s a true #1 easy” after his rookie year. Chase will very likely establish himself as one, but it’s still a bit early

As a rookie…

If we’re going to be using this context you speak of so much shouldn’t we acknowledge the fact that Thielen had Diggs opposite of him in last big year and was likely eating single coverage almost every game?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Great offense? That’s a bit of a stretch. We have a different definition for great and no.1 receiver it seems/

Worded in such a manner because cnuball thinks Philly’s offense is great as referred to it like that. But I agree, great is a stretch

DanA

Reaction score

He’s certainly a safer bet in my book than AJ Green. I’d add Chase and OBJ to Moss, maybe Justin Jefferson as well.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
As a rookie…

If we’re going to be using this context you speak of so much shouldn’t we acknowledge the fact that Thielen had Diggs opposite of him in last big year and was likely eating single coverage almost every game?

It has an effect whos throwing the ball, what offense you’re in, and who you’re playing beside, yes, but they were both getting doubled a lot that season and the next when he repeated for more yards and more TDs.

https://www.vikings.com/news/notebo...ble-teams-as-vikings-try-to-adapt-offensively

Proof

Reaction score
Robert Woods specifically in reference to that season he had 1400 yards.

Do you believe if DK Metcalf played for Dallas that he could put up CeeDee Lamb’s statline?

robert woods never had 1400 yards. and yes I believe DK could put up Ceedee's statline. I'm personally not interested in a bunch of hypotheticals though.
Also re: cumulative yardage... no. ceedee and aj's career ypg are comparable. and this year nearly identical

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He’s certainly a safer bet in my book than AJ Green. I’d add Chase and OBJ to Moss, maybe Justin Jefferson as well.

OBJ had those injury problems that have cropped back up again, so I was hesitant, then he was, but then very quickly he wasn’t again. So what is he overall? A maybe kinda sometimes?

Jefferson was a tough one for me. Cousins can inflate some stats (particularly when they’re losing like they were), and it was so crazy to see a player dominate the way he did without the over the top speed/presence that moss and Chase had. But he’s definitely proven it by now. If Chase is Jefferson through year 3 then of course he blows AJ out of the water

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
robert woods never had 1400 yards. and yes I believe DK could put up Ceedee's statline. I'm personally not interested in a bunch of hypotheticals though.
Also re: cumulative yardage... no. ceedee and aj's career ypg are comparable. and this year nearly identical

Yeah you’re right on woods, had that one remembered a bit inflated. He had what Lamb is on pace for now.

But as for Brown that was the point, it’s not the sole determining factor what a WR is. Because Woods had 1200 yards in 2018 doesn’t that make Lamb 2018 woods? Of course not.

DanA

Reaction score
OBJ had those injury problems that have cropped back up again, Jefferson was a tough one for me. Cousins can inflate some stats (particularly when they’re losing like they were), and it was so crazy to see a player dominate the way he did without the over the top speed/presence that moss and Chase had. But he’s definitely proven it by now. If Chase is Jefferson through year 3 then of course he blows AJ out of the water

You’ve got to really contort things hard to think AJ Brown is better than Chase. Before Chase even played a snap in the NFL my eyes were telling me he was clearly better.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah you’re right on woods, had that one remembered a bit inflated. He had what Lamb is on pace for now.

But as for Brown that was the point, it’s not the sole determining factor what a WR is. Because Woods had 1200 yards in 2018 doesn’t that make Lamb 2018 woods? Of course not.

yes but that's a simplistic argument to make. i understand it stemmed from a larger argument but you continuing to parrot it is fairly silly. AJ brown has a commanding advantage in tds over his career, (not this season despite a 3 td game) but overall their production has been very similar, throughout and so far continuing. So some random isolation to robert woods isn't the same thing as comparing two guys bodies of work directly