Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Flirts with an all pro? So if Lamb has around 1200 yards and 10 TDs this year is that not flirting?

Brown played in 30 games his first 2 years. Missed half a season? That’s exaggerating a bit.

Have you looked at their numbers this year? They’re almost identical. Sure Brown is the more polished player right now but he has another year of experience. Lamb also has those similar numbers playing with freaking Cooper Rush for 4 games.

And yes, he’s going to get huge money if he continues to play like he is and improving. Next man up always does.

1200 yards and 10 TDs in a 17 game season does not come close to all-pro, no

Brown has missed a lot of time with injuries in games he played a quarter or two. I can go back and count them up if you’d like, I’d probably amount to more than 8 games worth he’s missed. He tries to play and leaves right away over and over again, it was the big gamble when we trade for him; go ask the Titans board what they felt about that.

Yes Brown has been in the year longer, but there’s no guarantee Lamb elevates his game beyond what he is this year, which is about the same as what he was last year. You cannot credit a player without something he has not yet done. “Maybe a true #1 somewhere in the future” is a whole other conversation.

And Lamb and Brown do not have similar numbers this year. Despite still having fewer receiving yards, lamb has played more games than Brown. You think he’s gonna get shut out tonight against Washington?

cnuball21

Reaction score
1200 yards and 10 TDs in a 17 game season does not come close to all-pro, no

Brown has missed a lot of time with injuries in games he played a quarter or two. I can go back and count them up if you’d like, I’d probably amount to more than 8 games worth he’s missed. He tries to play and leaves right away over and over again, it was the big gamble when we trade for him; go ask the Titans board what they felt about that.

And Lamb and Brown do not have similar numbers this year. Through 8 games this year Lamb has 160 fewer yards and half as many TDs. Now ask yourself: if lamb has played 9 games, why on earth would I only measure them through 8 games?

OK - we’ll I guess Brown isn’t a number 1 either then since a he’s never flirted with being an all pro based on your standards. And it sounds like he’s not very durable so def not a #1.

Hopefully our #2s in Lamb and Brown can eventually get over the hump and be #1 WRs.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
OK - we’ll I guess Brown isn’t a number 1 either then since a he’s never flirted with being an all pro based on your standards. And it sounds like he’s not very durable so def not a #1.

Hopefully our #2s in Lamb and Brown can eventually get over the hump and be #1 WRs.

Yeah, due to injury you could say Philly made a gamble trading for Brown, the contract was more of a hope that he stays healthy than a reward for repeating previous seasons. It was a risk for sure. But this year he’s on pace for 1525 yards and 13 TDs. That’s a little bit different than 1200 and 10. That is flirting with All-Pro. Now maybe he gets injured again and we have a different conversation.

But in the one scenario, you’re hoping for something negative to happen to a player to stall the pace they’re currently on. In the other scenario you’re hoping the player becomes a completely different player to achieve something they haven’t yet shown they’re capable of.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah, due to injury you could say Philly made a gamble trading for Brown, the contract was more of a hope that he stays healthy than a reward for repeating previous seasons. It was a risk for sure. But this year he’s on pace for 1525 yards and 13 TDs. That’s a little bit different than 1200 and 10. That is flirting with All-Pro. Now maybe he gets injured again and we have a different conversation. We’ll just have to see

OK, so as I said, since Lamb is only halfway through his 3rd season and is continuing to develop there is no reason to not think he’s going to get Brown type money. Especially considering he’s more durable.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
OK, so as I said, since Lamb is only halfway through his 3rd season and is continuing to develop there is no reason to not think he’s going to get Brown type money. Especially considering he’s more durable.

The difference is Lamb is doing this at full potential. Limited route proficiency, better passing attack, full health… 1200 yards, 9 TDs. Robert Woods, Adam Thielen, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Cooks all have seasons like that. Christian Kirk is having a season like that. AJ was paid for what they hoped he’d do if he stayed healthy. A projection, a risk, but not saying “this is a 1200 yard WR, we’ll pay him what he’d get if he ever gets better, even though he hasn’t earned that yet.” That was never the thing with AJ. 8th in nfl TDs even with injury. 2nd in yards per catch, dominant playoff performer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.

Lets be dak hater and reply as such use $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to enter into comps.

AJ, Adams, diggs, dhop, kupp etc is not 100mil and a few draft picks better all those that were traded and handed giant contracts not on a rookie deal can't count, their deals close any gap they had..look at his numbers without coop, i thought coop was ended to get lamb open. Lamb is having what might be his best season and without Cook. Ironic much?

for sure im not taking DJ or st brown over him that doesn't leave many left, does it? who cares he is our #1 hes as good as most starting Wrs , not elite but wr1 production. he will learn from his mistakes on bad routes here and there while learning to be #1, he was being doubled, bumped and followed most of the game and that non call in OT cost us. he was mugged because he couldn't be covered 1-1...

NO we do NOT NEED OBJ he would be a insurance for injury and maybe Help the wr core as whole.

last year OBJ had 27 catches for 305 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in 8 games for the rams.. seems to me he was a #2 Kupp was killing it, a truly an MVP type season and that all obj could muster im betting seeing 1-1 most games,.. overrated much??.

True, might be nice to get obj but how about have our first half defense come back , need more offense, nope, better defense. where that shut down defense who were holding teams under 17 most games??

daks come back and scored 25, 49, and 28 ...defense is being exposed, lets take the flus off the offense and out it on Penalties and defense...

cnuball21

Reaction score
The difference is Lamb is doing this at full potential. Limited route proficiency, better passing attack, full health… 1200 yards, 9 TDs. Robert Woods, Adam Thielen, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Cooks all have seasons like that. Christian Kirk is having a season like that. AJ was paid for what they hoped he’d do if he stayed healthy. A projection, a risk, but not saying “this is a 1200 yard WR, we’ll pay him what he’d get if he ever gets better, even though he hasn’t earned that yet.” That was never the thing with AJ. 8th in nfl TDs even with injury. 2nd in yards per catch, dominant playoff performer.

Full potential? So you don’t think Lamb is going to get any better? So thinking a WR will continue to progress in year 3+ and paying them big money is different than paying a WR big money that has availability issues?

Lockett is a stud. Took him 5 years to crack 1k yards. Kirk got paid big money and is just about to crack 1 yards for the first time in his 5th year. Cooks is also a stud - played with crap QBs most of his career and is still tracking for a 10K yard career. Adams didn’t crack 1k yards until his 5th season. Kupp didn’t crack it until 3rd year. Diggs year 4.

Granted all stats aren’t created equal, and I’m not saying Lamb is going to be better than all those guys, but his career is off to a faster start than most of those dudes.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'd take Lamb over all of those guys. Because Lamb knows our offense and has a rapport with our quarterback.

If you guys are looking for offensive weapons why not pound the table for Turpin to get more reps. How many guys on that list are faster than Turpin? Or more elusive than Turpin?

And I know what you all are going to say. Turpin can't handle the load. I can't OBJ with his injury history.
It is speculative that Dak's two ints were a result of CeeDee running the wrong routes.......Hmmm!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Full potential? So you don’t think Lamb is going to get any better? So thinking a WR will continue to progress in year 3+ and paying them big money is different than paying a WR big money that has availability issues?

Lockett is a stud. Took him 5 years to crack 1k yards. Kirk got paid big money and is just about to crack 1 yards for the first time in his 5th year. Cooks is also a stud - played with crap QBs most of his career and is still tracking for a 10K yard career. Adams didn’t crack 1k yards until his 5th season. Kupp didn’t crack it until 3rd year. Diggs year 4.

Granted all stats aren’t created equal, and I’m not saying Lamb is going to be better than all those guys, but his career is off to a faster start than most of those dudes.

Full potential as he is right now. In future years he could work on his craft and get better, of course. Do you believe he’s being extremely limited and he’s truly a 1400, 1500, 1600 yard receiver right now, and that some outside force is holding him back, Dak can’t throw him the ball despite being open all the time or the offense intentionally designed to use him as decoy? No, of course not. This is who he is in 2022; he’s playing about as well as he can as the player he is today, which is not a 25m$ a year player. If you paid a player what they maybe could be in the future, then half the receivers in the nfl could claim to be 25m$ guys.

He maybe could be a top 10, even a top 5 guy years from now. But he isn’t until he is

cnuball21

Reaction score
Full potential as he is right now. In future years he could work on his craft and get better, of course. Do you believe he’s being extremely limited and he’s truly a 1400, 1500, 1600 yard receiver right now, and that some outside force is holding him back, Dak can’t throw him the ball despite being open all the time or the offense intentionally designed to use him as decoy? No, of course not. This is who he is in 2022; he’s playing about as well as he can as the player he is today, which is not a 25m$ a year player. If you paid a player what they maybe could be in the future, then half the receivers in the nfl could claim to be 25m$ guys.

He maybe could be a top 10, even a top 5 guy years from now. But he isn’t until he is

The Eagles just paid Brown hoping he could be someone that stays on the field on the future.

I believe he’s going to continue to improve, like every WR i referenced did, and he’s fully
capable of 1500 yard seasons moving forward. He’s currently top 10 in catches / yards / TDs and is icing for 100+ grabs / 1400 yards / 10+ TDs. So if he’s in that ballpark and his first 3 years are well over 3K yards he 100% deserves his money.

You understand how the market works right? Next man up always gets paid. Everyone thought Coopers contract was huge until it wasn’t…looks
like a bargain now. So if Lamb finishes the year strong you can offer him 20+ mil a year now or make him prove it again next year and the price goes up to 30 million. They played that game with Dak and lost so we’ll see what happens with Lamb.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
Lamb did a good job in this game, he finally reached 100 yards, but even so he is not showing to be the WR #1, and he has no help, and it's the same situation on the defensive side, Diggs is doing a good job, but he has no help, it seems that there is only one WR and one CB in the team, Gallup has not helped at all, he has 0 TD and has not reached 50 yards per game, in 9 games played, only Lamp has 5 TD, and the others only 1 TD, with these statistics do you think that can I get to the SB? and there are still people who say that OBJ is not needed in the team?,
here we can see that the problem of Amari Cooper's poor performance last year was not his fault, but Dak's, Dak takes a long time to throw, therefore he can't connect with his WRs, if Dak can't throw well then the WR will be mediocre,
this is pathetic.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Eagles just paid Brown hoping he could be someone that stays on the field on the future.

I believe he’s going to continue to improve, like every WR i referenced did, and he’s fully
capable of 1500 yard seasons moving forward. He’s currently top 10 in catches / yards / TDs and is icing for 100+ grabs / 1400 yards / 10+ TDs. So if he’s in that ballpark and his first 3 years are well over 3K yards he 100% deserves his money.

You understand how the market works right? Next man up always gets paid. Everyone thought Coopers contract was huge until it wasn’t…looks
like a bargain now. So if Lamb finishes the year strong you can offer him 20+ mil a year now or make him prove it again next year and the price goes up to 30 million. They played that game with Dak and lost so we’ll see what happens with Lamb.

You believe he’s going to improve because you hope he does. Not a lot of receivers make the next step after being this type of player early in their career. Those are the top tier guys.

20m$ a year is a world of difference from 25m$+
So if you believe that’s his ballpark, then I don’t disagree. That’s Christian Kirk money inflated to 2023. He’s not getting 30m$ unless he evolves into a different player. But again as per the point of this thread, how does who you hope he is in 2025 affect what Dallas needs in 2022?

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is speculative that Dak's two ints were a result of CeeDee running the wrong routes.......Hmmm!
NO one of them but the ball was also tipped yes lamb should have not drifted and came back for the ball , the other was schultz behind Lamb NOT clearing out his zone by running a deeper route,.it was his man that came off and got that INT, not the db covering lamb. that route was wrong BUT dak should not have thrown that first one due to all that traffic.

2nd one was bit of dak, the tip , and the route. hard to know its one of those things that happen in sports,

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
NO one of them but the ball was also tipped yes lamb should have not drifted and came back for the ball , the other was schultz behind Lamb NOT clearing out his zone by running a deeper route,.it was his man that came off and got that INT, not the db covering lamb. that route was wrong BUT dak should not have thrown that first one due to all that traffic.

2nd one was bit of dak, the tip , and the route. hard to know its one of those things that happen in sports,

Unles they’re really egregious like Allen’s last interception, it’s usually a team thing. Lamb could have done more to prevent it, but also Dak threw that ball where the lineman could tip it, that is partly on him. And the Olinemen, and the TE, usually a group effort as with big completions.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamb did a good job in this game, he finally reached 100 yards, but even so he is not showing to be the WR #1, and he has no help, and it's the same situation on the defensive side, Diggs is doing a good job, but he has no help, it seems that there is only one WR and one CB in the team, Gallup has not helped at all, he has 0 TD and has not reached 50 yards per game, in 9 games played, only Lamp has 5 TD, and the others only 1 TD, with these statistics do you think that can I get to the SB? and there are still people who say that OBJ is not needed in the team?,
here we can see that the problem of Amari Cooper's poor performance last year was not his fault, but Dak's, Dak takes a long time to throw, therefore he can't connect with his WRs, if Dak can't throw well then the WR will be mediocre,
this is pathetic.
could of had 200 IMO that mugging in OT and that top INT , route wasn't great, but it was on target before the tip.. those saying he finally broke 100 act as if it was 102

it was 11-150 2 tds.. all that OBJ talk got him inspired. OBJ had 27 catches for 305 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in 8 games for the rams.. seems to me he was a #2 Kupp was killing it, a truly an MVP type season and that all obj could muster? im betting seeing 1-1 most games,.. overrated
much?

so,

in ONE game, Lamb nearly had half of OBJs regular season last year LOL oh and W/O his almighty protector in AC??

Let that sink in..

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
could of had 200 IMO that mugging in OT and that top INT , route wasn't great, but it was on target before the tip.. those saying he finally broke 100 act as if it was 102

it was 11-150 2 tds.. all that OBJ talk got him inspired. OBJ had 27 catches for 305 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in 8 games for the rams.. seems to me he was a #2 Kupp was killing it, a truly an MVP type season and that all obj could muster? im betting seeing 1-1 most games,.. overrated
much?

Its not about OBJ coming in and replacing Kupp or Lamb, it’s about OBJ adding to them. It’s not about OBJ becoming a dominant receiving threat that takes over games for you, it’s about him being just that one missing piece you needed to get further than you could have before.

Could OBJ have prevented this game from going to overtime with a timely third down catch here or there? Sure, that’s why the signing makes sense for these SB contenders. That one little piece that just edged out the difference between Minny and Buffalo. Buffalo and KC. Baltimore and Miami. All razor thin games that OBJ could have changed the end result.

Cmac

Reaction score

....just sayin'....we heard Playmaker and I heard Shannon Sharpe.....2 HOFs comment. Just sayin'.

ksadler1

Reaction score
This team is not a WR away from being relevant. This team lacks killer instinct, good coaching, and a good GM. We're going on 30 years of failure folks. Let that sink in. There is no accountability in this organization and won't be as long as the Jones family is in charge..

cnuball21

Reaction score
You believe he’s going to improve because you hope he does. Not a lot of receivers make the next step after being this type of player early in their career. Those are the top tier guys.

20m$ a year is a world of difference from 25m$+
So if you believe that’s his ballpark, then I don’t disagree. That’s Christian Kirk money inflated to 2023. He’s not getting 30m$ unless he evolves into a different player. But again as per the point of this thread, how does who you hope he is in 2025 affect what Dallas needs in 2022?

I believe he’s going to improve because that’s what young players do. So since he’s been good early he’s less likely to continue to get better where as the other studs I listed took a little longer to develop making it easier for them? That makes zero sense.

Saying 20+ means I think he’ll get mid 20s .

I already mentioned his pace for this year which is highly above average. What we need is help. MG isn’t earning his paycheck and the WR3 position is non existent. Lamb is playing really well - he is far from the problem and is playing like the guy we needed him to be when Cooper left. A WR1.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I believe he’s going to improve because that’s what young players do. So since he’s been good early he’s less likely to continue to get better where as the other studs I listed took a little longer to develop making it easier for them? That makes zero sense.

Saying 20+ means I think he’ll get mid 20s .

I already mentioned his pace for this year which is highly above average. What we need is help. MG isn’t earning his paycheck and the WR3 position is non existent. Lamb is playing really well - he is far from the problem and is playing like the guy we needed him to be when Cooper left. A WR1.

Not impossible, but it’s a difficult task. It’s not that him being good early means he won’t, it’s that Many players played at his level early and didn’t pan out the way the top guys did. More than not. It doesn’t matter if they were an 1100 yard guy by year 3 or an 800 yard guy, odds of taking the giant leap are low. They either accepted their limits, hit the peak of their talent, or just got a nice contract and became routine as opposed to pushing forward. It doesn’t mean he’s already peaking, but it also doesn’t mean he has higher to go, that’s very much up in the air right now.

I suppose the disagreement we have is that I don’t believe “highly above average” equates to a true #1. Relatively speaking, Good enough simply isn’t good enough.

Last edited: