Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St.

I wouldn't take any of those guys over Lamb due to age or Lamb just being better.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
St. Brown is great. Has been since last year. Haven’t looked at #’s but guarantee last two season totals his are better than Lamb’s. St Brown is a beats you just don’t hear of him because he is on the Lions.

He didn’t play until week 9 last year of his Rookie year. These are his #’s so far in 12 games:

Career NFL statistics as of Week 9, 2022
Receptions:
Receiving yards: 1,311
Receiving touchdowns: 8
Cherry-picking. Typical

What are his stats this year compared to Ceedee’s????

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
When OP made the list it was strictly on being a receiver, so make your decision on that, not by age or salary. On playing the position only and then were is Lamb at.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill
Devante Adams
Cooper Kupp
Jordan Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Stefan Diggs
AJ Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Aman Ra St. Brown

Those are just off top of my head.

I think we need OBJ. Lamb is OUR WR1 but he’s not a go-to #1 that you can rely on to go get a ball whenever you need it. Think OBJ would open up the offense so much more and create more opportunities for Lamb and Gallup. Think adding OBJ would be huge. He’d at least have to be accounted for by opponent and a great decoy if nothing else.
They’re all better than lamb but a few are 30 plus.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It’s always a combination of reasons, but receiver’s ability to separate should always be a big one, particularly if the offense is running as if he’s the primary.

Elite receivers don’t just have 100 yard receiving games, they have monster games sporadically as well. 150 yards, 200 yards. They often have to make their own stats with yards after catch and broken tackles. so it’s not just that CeeDee has a rare streak of under 100 yard games going, that also precludes him from having really big games as well. He has 0 career 10 catch games. Did you know that? How many other guys on that list do you think have 0 of those?

We can say it’s kellen Moore’s fault or it’s Dak’s fault or it’s McCarthy’s fault… but do you really believe CeeDee is in the 32nd best situation for a #1 WR in the NFL? That every other player has it good except for him? At why point do we accept that you can’t make a great player out of excuses? If he were a 4th round pick, would these excuses still stick? Is he solely living off his draft status at this point?

He’s a good player, but the nfl is a show-me league. Took awhile for people to see Amari as anything but an Alabama first round WR. It’ll wear off for CeeDee too if he doesn’t at least outplay Gallup.
LLLLLLLLLLLL

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Wrote a whole thesis on how WR1s get 100 yard games and 10+ catches and he did that two days later :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He now has more catches than AJ Brown

Yeah he had a big game. A game like Tyler Lockett has sometimes, and Robert Woods. Michael Gallup has had games like this, as well as Adam Thielen and other receivers around Lamb’s tier that have them sporadically.

When was the last time he played like this? A year ago? Longer? How many guys on the list above him have had games like this? All of them. How many have had better? All of them. How many do it more often? All of them.

Do you think Lamb will do this next week against Minnesota? And the week after that against New York? Is that likely? That is why he not on par with the guys listed. Yes he’s physically capable, but doing it once or twice a season doesn’t make you great.

So now we can say CeeDee has his 1 single 100 yard game in the last… 18? What does that change?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah he had a big game. A game like Tyler Lockett has sometimes, and Robert Woods. Michael Gallup has had games like this, as well as Adam Thielen and other receivers around Lamb’s tier that have them sporadically.

When was the last time he played like this? A year ago? Longer? How many guys on the list above him have had games like this? All of them. How many have had better? All of them. How many do it more often? All of them.

Do you think Lamb will do this next week against Minnesota? And the week after that against New York? Is that likely? That is why he not on par with the guys listed. Yes he’s physically capable, but doing it once or twice a season doesn’t make you great.

So now we can say CeeDee has his 1 single 100 yard game in the last… 18? What does that change?

Lamb sucks…he’ll probably continue to get 75+ yards and have 1100 yards this year and it’s his fault we don’t win the super bowl. He should switch to CB so we don’t give up 14 in the 4th quarter.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Moving goalposts

Hes in the top-10 in yards, catches, and TDs.

when the hell were lockett and Gallup top-10 in all the 3 major categories??

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Moving goalposts

Hes in the top-10 in yards, catches, and TDs.

when the hell were lockett and Gallup top-10 in all the 3 major categories??

Are you not familiar with Tyler Lockett? He’s had a 100+ catch, double digit TD season. The last 4 years he has 4200 yards and 36 TDs. Saying Lamb is in his tier is not a slight to lamb. Lockett also has a sole 100 yard game this year and is a few catches behind lamb despite Geno throwing him the ball all year.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Are you not familiar with Tyler Lockett? He’s had a 100+ catch, double digit TD season. The last 4 years he has 4200 yards and 36 TDs. Saying Lamb is in his tier is not a slight to lamb. Lockett also has a sole 100 yard game this year and is a few catches behind lamb despite Geno throwing him the ball all year.
So then Tyler Lockett is a number 1

I dont know what point you think you are making. Explain to me how Ceedee isnt a number 1 when hes top-10 in all 3 of the major categories? And thats with playing with a backup for 5 games

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So then Tyler Lockett is a number 1

I dont know what point you think you are making. Explain to me how Ceedee isnt a number 1 when hes top-10 in all 3 of the major categories? And thats with playing with a backup for 5 games

Well it depends on how you define a number 1. It’s also a little silly to judge top 10 statistical lists when we’re not even to double digit games yet and you’ve conveniently brought this up before 4 more teams with big WRs have played this week.

But If you’re completely sold on a player after half a season, do you believe Jalen Hurts is a top 3-5 QB in the nfl? We’ll start there

cnuball21

Reaction score
Well it depends on how you define a number 1. It’s also a little silly to judge top 10 statistical lists when we’re not even to double digit games yet and you’ve conveniently brought this up before 4 more teams with big WRs have played this week.

But If you’re completely sold on a player after half a season, do you believe Jalen Hurts is a top 3-5 QB in the nfl? We’ll start there

Lambs been good for 2.5 seasons. How do you define a 1? He’s checking the stat boxes and making big plays for us in just about every game as the top target.

Hurtz has been good for half a season, so no, Hurts is not a top 5 QB until he shows it on a larger sample sizes.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lambs been good for 2.5 seasons. How do you define a 1? He’s checking the stat boxes and making big plays for us in just about every game as the top target.

Hurtz has been good for half a season, so no, Hurts is not a top 5 QB until he shows it on a larger sample sizes.

I definitely agree he’s good. Better than good. But the comparison with hurts is yesterday Lamb played at a level he’s not normally expected to play at, as with hurts this season. Just getting a 1000 yards or a big day every 10-15 games I don’t believe makes you a true #1. There are 40+ receivers in the nfl who’ve had days like Lamb did yesterday, maybe 12 of those are #1’s.

You could say at every given point there are 32 #1’s in the nfl because every team has a top WR on their depth chart, and that’s fair. Lamb is a #1 in that context. But I would say a #1 dictates what defenses do to you. Do you believe opposing teams gameplan against Lamb like they do Hill, Jefferson, Chase, Hopkins, Aj Brown, even guys like Metcalf, Samuel, Diggs, Kupp?

“Make sure we have that second safety shadowing Lamb all day long or he’s gonna beat us over the top over and over and we won’t have a chance at winning this football game.” Or is it more “Play then normally, respect Gallup, respect Schultz, respect Lamb, and if anyone of them make big plays then good on him.” These guys are all consistently dominant players, and when they’re not dominating it’s because the defense is going out of their way to muffle him. Was Sunday a career day for lamb, or just what you expect out of him when the team needs a push? There’s a clear distinction there.

#1’s are all-pro contenders. Not necessarily all-pros, many of them haven’t been one, but they put together seasons that that get them in the discussion. Kupp has been all pro, Hopkins has been all pro. Diggs has been, Samuel has been. Do you think Jefferson or Olave may have a shot at it this year or the next? Would Chase be in the running if he didn’t get hurt? Would it be so out of bounds if Hill or Brown made it? … is CeeDee Lamb an All-Pro caliber receiver? Does that sound right? Could you see him blowing up like this game after game for the rest of the season, like the others could or have done previously, or is that just not him?

Contract size. Every guy mentioned is absolutely on par with a 25-30m+ contract. Do you give CeeDee 6 years, 180m$ after this season and feel he’s earned it?

And team impact. Eagles signed brown to 25m$ a year and up to this point im starting to think we got the better of that deal. He’s completely transformed our offense. When Lamb is not in the lineup, do you lose your identity on offense? Or does a hypothetically 100% Gallup come in and potentially replicate was Lamb would have done statistically? Does Brown and Schultz pick up the slack when he’s out? When Cincinnati doesn’t have Chase, they’re a shell of who they are. When Miami doesn’t have Hill, are they even the same team?

I think there are a number of boxes to check for a true #1. It’s not just the top elite receivers, I believe there are more than 10 guys who check all of these boxes. Buccaneers offense stagnates when Mike Evans isn’t on the field, we’ve seen that this year. Marquise Brown was shredding before he got hurt, the Cardinals offense looked totally different. He’s getting 25m$ a year this offseason. CeeDee is a very good receiver and a nice complement to Gallup, but I don’t see any of these things in him, even if he did have that one big game that one time.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I definitely agree he’s good. Better than good. But the comparison with hurts is yesterday Lamb played at a level he’s not normally expected to play at, as with hurts this season. Just getting a 1000 yards or a big day every 10-15 games I don’t believe makes you a true #1. There are 40+ receivers in the nfl who’ve had days like Lamb did yesterday, maybe 12 of those are #1’s.

You could say at every given point there are 32 #1’s in the nfl because every team has a top WR on their depth chart, and that’s fair. Lamb is a #1 in that context. But I would say a #1 dictates what defenses do to you. Do you believe opposing teams gameplan against Lamb like they do Hill, Jefferson, Chase, Hopkins, Aj Brown, even guys like Metcalf, Samuel, Diggs, Kupp?

“Make sure we have that second safety shadowing Lamb all day long or he’s gonna beat us over the top over and over and we won’t have a chance at winning this football game.” Or is it more “Play then normally, respect Gallup, respect Schultz, respect Lamb, and if anyone of them make big plays then good on him.” These guys are all consistently dominant players, and when they’re not dominating it’s because the defense is going out of their way to muffle him. Was Sunday a career day for lamb, or just what you expect out of him when the team needs a push? There’s a clear distinction there.

#1’s are all-pro contenders. Not necessarily all-pros, many of them haven’t been one, but they put together seasons that that get them in the discussion. Kupp has been all pro, Hopkins has been all pro. Diggs has been, Samuel has been. Do you think Jefferson or Olave may have a shot at it this year or the next? Would Chase be in the running if he didn’t get hurt? Would it be so out of bounds if Hill or Brown made it? … is CeeDee Lamb an All-Pro caliber receiver? Does that sound right? Could you see him blowing up like this game after game for the rest of the season, like the others could or have done previously, or is that just not him?

Contract size. Every guy mentioned is absolutely on par with a 25-30m+ contract. Do you give CeeDee 6 years, 180m$ after this season and feel he’s earned it?

And team impact. Eagles signed brown to 25m$ a year and up to this point im starting to think we got the better of that deal. He’s completely transformed our offense. When Lamb is not in the lineup, do you lose your identity on offense? Or does a hypothetically 100% Gallup come in and potentially replicate was Lamb would have done statistically? Does Brown and Schultz pick up the slack when he’s out? When Cincinnati doesn’t have Chase, they’re a shell of who they are. When Miami doesn’t have Hill, are they even the same team?

I think there are a number of boxes to check for a true #1. It’s not just the top elite receivers, I believe there are more than 10 guys who check all of these boxes. Buccaneers offense stagnates when Mike Evans isn’t on the field, we’ve seen that this year. Marquise Brown was shredding before he got hurt, the Cardinals offense looked totally different. He’s getting 25m$ a year this offseason. CeeDee is a very good receiver and a nice complement to Gallup, but I don’t see any of these things in him, even if he did have that one big game that one time.

I mean if you think a #1 WR is someone who is consistently an all pro you’re talking about elite players. There’s like 3-5 of those guys in football. That’s not a 1 - it’s an all pro.

Yes, Lamb does dictate coverage. Did you watch the game yesterday? Olsen literally mentioned him drawing coverage and double teams multiple times.

Like you said, every team has a #1 by nature. Lamb is that for me, and I’d put him in the top 15 WRs in football. Half the dudes you mentioned are vets and Lamb is still in his early 20s so he’s still ascending.

Yes, Lamb will likely get money similar to AJs who by the way had a very similar first 2 seasons statistically.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
I don't see why it matters. you still need someone to gameplan and a QB to deliver them the ball consistently. Tyreek Hill would be out here running jet sweeps, catching bubble screens or some double reverse nonsense.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I mean if you think a #1 WR is someone who is consistently an all pro you’re talking about elite players. There’s like 3-5 of those guys in football. That’s not a 1 - it’s an all pro.

Yes, Lamb does dictate coverage. Did you watch the game yesterday? Olsen literally mentioned him drawing coverage and double teams multiple times.

Like you said, every team has a #1 by nature. Lamb is that for me, and I’d put him in the top 15 WRs in football. Half the dudes you mentioned are vets and Lamb is still in his early 20s so he’s still ascending.

Yes, Lamb will likely get money similar to AJs who by the way had a very similar first 2 seasons statistically.

That’s hyperbolic. Not consistently all-pro, plays at a level people could see them making all-pro if the cards fall their way. No one is consistently all-pro. Adams is almost 30 and only has 2. Hill has 2. But to say they’re in contention hear after year is appropriate. Is Lamb? It would be bonkers if he made one playing like this. There are 10-15 guys who flirt with it most healthy years.

Yes Lamb is ascending. Meaning he’s still an unknown. He absolutely *could* become that caliber of WR, as could Gallup. But he’s not there yet, not like Chase already is and Jefferson already is and Waddle sure looks like he is close. But conversely, Amari has been almost there and ascending for 7 years now, so there’s no guarantee. The anointing oil is still in its jar.

Every team has a #1 WR. Every #1 WR gets covered on passing downs. But that’s a world of difference from teams gameplanning around a player. No one has a “stop CeeDee Lamb” defense.

And no, CeeDee and Brown haven’t had similar stats before this year. You could look at total yards, but that would be intentionally removing context. Brown had those yards despite missing half a season’s worth of games/quarters with injury. Yet even with that he’s 8th in the entire league in TDs. What would he be if he were as healthy as this year? He’s SECOND in the entire NFL in yards per catch, only to Davante Adams. More than Hill, more than Hollywood Brown, more than Chase. Aj has double CeeDee’s career TD mark despite only playing in 10 more games.

Now you can say that’s because CeeDee isn’t that same type of downfield threat, he’s more of a slot guy. And that’s true, but it’s also part of the whole equation. How many slot guys can really be true #1’s? Kupp because of the insane volume, but that’s about it. Jefferson has played the slot, but no one would say he’s not taking the top off the defense on any given play.

There’s no way CeeDee gets AJ brown money(or more due to escalating contracts)… well it is Jerry so I can’t say that.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That’s hyperbolic. Not consistently all-pro, plays at a level people could see them making all-pro if the cards fall their way. No one is consistently all-pro. Adams is almost 30 and only has 2. Hill has 2. But to say they’re in contention hear after year is appropriate. Is Lamb? It would be bonkers if he made one playing like this. There are 10-15 guys who flirt with it most healthy years.

Yes Lamb is ascending. Meaning he’s still an unknown. He absolutely *could* become that caliber of WR, as could Gallup. But he’s not there yet, not like Chase already is and Jefferson already is and Waddle sure looks like he is close. But conversely, Amari has been almost there and ascending for 7 years now, so there’s no guarantee. The anointing oil is still in its jar.

Every team has a #1 WR. Every #1 WR gets covered on passing downs. But that’s a world of difference from teams gameplanning around a player. No one has a “stop CeeDee Lamb” defense.

And no, CeeDee and Brown haven’t had similar stats before this year. You could look at total yards, but that would be intentionally removing context. Brown had those yards despite missing half a season’s worth of games/quarters with injury. Yet even with that he’s 8th in the entire league in TDs. What would he be if he were as healthy as this year? He’s SECOND in the entire NFL in yards per catch, only to Davante Adams. More than Hill, more than Hollywood Brown, more than Chase. Aj has double CeeDee’s career TD mark despite only playing in 10 more games.

Now you can say that’s because CeeDee isn’t that same type of downfield threat, he’s more of a slot guy. And that’s true, but it’s also part of the whole equation. How many slot guys can really be true #1’s? Kupp because of the insane volume, but that’s about it. Jefferson has played the slot, but no one would say he’s not taking the top off the defense on any given play.

There’s no way CeeDee gets AJ brown money(or more due to escalating contracts)… well it is Jerry so I can’t say that.

Flirts with an all pro? So if Lamb has around 1200 yards and 10 TDs this year is that not flirting?

Brown played in 30 games his first 2 years. Missed half a season? That’s exaggerating a bit.

Have you looked at their numbers this year? They’re almost identical. Sure Brown is the more polished player right now but he has another year of experience. Lamb also has those similar numbers playing with freaking Cooper Rush for 4 games.

And yes, he’s going to get huge money if he continues to play like he is and improving. Next man up always does.