Is Trading Zeke on the Table?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Glimmer I'm sure Alfred Morris is just sitting out there and he has been more efficient than Zeke with his touches the last two years, despite seeing more 8+ men in the box.

So sign Alfred :)
I wouldn’t have minded resigning him. He wasn’t expensive. Wonder if a team will call him this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn’t have minded resigning him. He wasn’t expensive. Wonder if a team will call him this year.

He's one of those guys where "if you need two yards, he'll get you three yards, if you need five yards, he'll get you three yards."

glimmerman

Reaction score
He's one of those guys where "if you need two yards, he'll get you three yards, if you need five yards, he'll get you three yards."
Pretty much. So our OC has to make sure to only give it to him when we need 3 yards.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A question for Cowboys fans. This is a question not related to the off the field issues. Is Zeke worth a new contract with over 1500 carries since college?

Personally I would love to have Zeke the next couple years but I personally would not mind letting him after that. At that point he would be coming close to the end of his prime. So why not explore trading him now while he has value?
if NOT paying RBs top money that have high mileage is league wide philosophy, who would trade for him? if hes worth the money and another team sees he not only is worth paying but to trade for him, why dont we pay him? who replaces him, not just another RB but his production??

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A question for Cowboys fans. This is a question not related to the off the field issues. Is Zeke worth a new contract with over 1500 carries since college?

Personally I would love to have Zeke the next couple years but I personally would not mind letting him after that. At that point he would be coming close to the end of his prime. So why not explore trading him now while he has value?

I would play him this season and then trade him in the offseason. Especially if he has a great year. Get a first and a 3rd for him or something of that nature. With two firsts, a 2nd and two 3rds next season you easily fill that spot on the draft and get your safety and whatever else you may need. This team would be stacked with young talent and you wont have to pay a RB moron 18 million per season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They said Dez wasnt going anywhere
umm dez was at the end of his career, production dropped, injuries mounting and a headache to his teammates and coaches..

Zekes at his peak and none of those things regardless of few blips off the field, his teammates luv him, coaches luv him, fans luv him, and owners will try and keep him..not good example..this is not the same as the dez situation..

ShortRound

Reaction score
I can't imagine trading Zeke and then signing Dak to a top dollar contact.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
if NOT paying RBs top money that have high mileage is league wide philosophy, who would trade for him? if hes worth the money and another team sees he not only is worth paying but to trade for him, why dont we pay him? who replaces him, not just another RB but his production??

There are dumb teams out there still.

Ex- Raiders and Jets

Those were the only two serious bidders for Leveon, with the Jets "winning"(losing) the bidding war.

You replace 90% of his production(albeit more efficiently than Zeke) with multiple backs with distinct roles, at 15% the cost of extending Zeke.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Let's wait on that. His value might be good. Or it might drop to zero if and when he is suspended.
Other than that, Zeke should not overplay his card. He is a good RB but not special. He wants a lot of money. I want to get a really good look at Pollard, matey.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There are dumb teams out there still.

Ex- Raiders and Jets

Those were the only two serious bidders for Leveon, with the Jets "winning"(losing) the bidding war.

You replace 90% of his production(albeit more efficiently than Zeke) with multiple backs with distinct roles, at 15% the cost of extending Zeke.
that failed last time..replace 77 catches and 1600 rushing yards with multiped payers, right because then noone would draft the likes of Fournette, Barkely, and others since Zeke..if the game is to do it by committee then why draft RBs high use them up in under 5years and cut them? no thats stupid.. it fails more then it works the whole committee didnt even work at WR..maybe we should do that at QB because at least Zekes leads his position since being drafted and will only count 14 per at RYB lest get 3 ok QBs and let them rotate, one for running , one for passing short, and deep ball guy..you all for under 17mil..

cern

Reaction score
SJ has already said he has money set to the side for him.
He'll sign him. Prorate the new deal with the remaining balance on his current contract. Then spread the bonus/guaranteed over several years to lessen the cap hit. I think cooper will be harder to sign. Dak, not so much.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

No the better question is cutting/trading one of the big contract OL. Cowboys are pretty good at drafting in that area.
Or

Zeke Should get paid, in order to do that OL needs to restructure their contracts.
Dak will take a slightly team friendly deal that will help sign Cooper.

#Teamwork.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
He'll sign him. Prorate the new deal with the remaining balance on his current contract. Then spread the bonus/guaranteed over several years to lessen the cap hit. I think cooper will be harder to sign. Dak, not so much.

What about cutting/trading one of the big contract OL? Cowboys are pretty good at drafting in that area.
Or

Zeke Should get paid, in order to do that OL needs to restructure their contracts.
Dak will take a slightly team friendly deal that will help sign Cooper.

#Teamwork.