News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
You know, whether Zeke wins or not, I want him to take this to court just for the chance to make Goodell look bad. The unfairness of it all needs to be exposed.

Zeke is still under further investigation. He needs to straighten out his act.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Nope. There's no definitive way to prove any of this, and the league does not have to prove anything.

Nice that you're at least, event thought you're trying not to, admitting you are completely wrong.

Stating a court can't do anything about a suspension is just wrong - factually. If you are stating a court can't and won't determine on innocence, then fine. But if the NFL DID ignore evidence an cherry picked, there is a case.

But again, it won't be reaching court - there are too many other suspensions to be pointed to similar to this that didn't hold 6 games. He'll do 2-4 games and be back on the field.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Goodell cut it to four. That was largely based on the fact that Hardy had missed a full season already.
An arbitrator cut it to 4 because Goodell giving him 10 games was outside the law......Goodell is not a God... he cannot just make stuff up or give someone more than everyone else

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You are wrong. End of story. A few google searches does not an expert make.

You clearly have no understanding about collective bargaining, the judicial deference to arbitration rulings mandated by federal law, or how the federal appellate process works.

Thank God for your sake that Zeke's lawyers do, and that they will make the best case they can, staying away from your uninformed assertions.

Lying and being a troll does not an expert make.

You did not even know what fundamental fairness was. Spare me your prima donna routine.

But by all means if you want to point out the law that makes a CBA invalidate the rule of equal punishment then fine. As an attorney it should be quite easy.

And the initial case in federal court won't be in the appellate court, MCC.

beacamdim

Reaction score
He wasn't disciplined under conduct detrimental.

The DV criminal bylaws talk about someone who has been charged, arrested, and taken to court. None of that applies to Zeke as he was not even arrested much less charged.

Kessler and the NFLPA's lawyers are excellent. I am sure they will come up with things that we never consider.

I don't know where or how you come up with this stuff. He was indeed suspended under the "conduct detrimental" provision. Check out the letter that the league sent EE advising him of the discipline. All there in black and white, Article 46.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Zeke's best hope is a threat of strike by the NFLPA if the NFL doesn't reconsider its position. THAT is where his and their power lies.

This all transpired before the strike. It's not going to happen until 2020 anyway. Too much money to be lost.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't know where or how you come up with this stuff. He was indeed suspended under the "conduct detrimental" provision. Check out the letter that the league sent EE advising him of the discipline. All there in black and white, Article 46.

Helps to have quotes and such when you lack credibility.

erod

Reaction score
Nice that you're at least, event thought you're trying not to, admitting you are completely wrong.

Stating a court can't do anything about a suspension is just wrong - factually. If you are stating a court can't and won't determine on innocence, then fine. But if the NFL DID ignore evidence an cherry picked, there is a case.

But again, it won't be reaching court - there are too many other suspensions to be pointed to similar to this that didn't hold 6 games. He'll do 2-4 games and be back on the field.
Admitted nothing. Those are veiled threats from Zeke's attorneys. Nothing more. They know they've got no avenue to prove a case that is already decided by CBA policy.

They have to find a way to gain an injunction on another front. The NFLPA has more leverage to accomplish that. If they can do that, he plays this season while this drags on for another year.

If Goodell reduces it to 2-3 games, I think Zeke lets it go. Problem is, he's still under investigation. And he's probably going to screw up again any day now.

erod

Reaction score
This all transpired before the strike. It's not going to happen until 2020 anyway. Too much money to be lost.
I know, but can you imagine a threat to strike a week before the season starts? That would have the owners nuts in their throats. LOL

beacamdim

Reaction score

You did not even know what fundamental fairness was. Spare me your prima donna routine.

But by all means if you want to point out the law that makes a CBA invalidate the rule of equal punishment then fine. As an attorney it should be quite easy.

Dude, the litigation is substantively an appeal (asking for judicial review of the league's ruling) even though it would be brought initially in the trial court.

My use of "appellate" was not referring to the nature of any court, but rather the nature of the proceeding.

Your failure to understand even the applicable language and terminology here is nothing to be ashamed about, since you clearly have no experience in this field.

erod

Reaction score
An arbitrator cut it to 4 because Goodell giving him 10 games was outside the law......Goodell is not a God... he cannot just make stuff up or give someone more than everyone else
You're right, the dude in Minnesota. The league now has a means of controlling the court it goes to and keeping it in New York.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Giants, @Broncos, @Cardinals, Rams, GB, (bye week) @ 49ers.

Tell me if I'm drinking the Kool aid and I'll stop but I see 3-3 or even 4-2 even with Zeke out. We have the line. We have solid RBs. It's tough I get it but I wouldn't be shocked with 4-2.
Zeke is not going to be suspended for awhile...... the NFL had 1 year to investigsate..... his team will need plenty of time for his defense and then they can still go to Federal Court

I don't think he misses any games this year unless he quits on the appeal like Brady did..... but remember 2 of 4 Federal judges sided with Brady before he stopped fighting

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Admitted nothing. Those are veiled threats from Zeke's attorneys. Nothing more. They know they've got no avenue to prove a case that is already decided by CBA policy.

They have to find a way to gain an injunction on another front. The NFLPA has more leverage to accomplish that. If they can do that, he plays this season while this drags on for another year.

If Goodell reduces it to 2-3 games, I think Zeke lets it go. Problem is, he's still under investigation. And he's probably going to screw up again any day now.

You, specifically said, a court can't overturn this. Don't change your tune now - they can, you were wrong. There is also laws protecting Zeke here if his suspension isn't reduced due to examples he can cite.

And before you try, the Brady case is simply not comparable here. Zeke's attorneys will have plenty more examples.

erod

Reaction score
Dude, the litigation is substantively an appeal (asking for judicial review of the league's ruling) even though it would be brought initially in the trial court.

My use of "appellate" was not referring to the nature of any court, but rather the nature of the proceeding.

Your failure to understand even the applicable language and terminology here is nothing to be ashamed about, since you clearly have no experience in this field.
There is nothing more pathetic than spending time on a rival's message board. It's the stuff of small-minded children.

Seriously, have a little self-respect.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You're right, the dude in Minnesota. The league now has a means of controlling the court it goes to and keeping it in New York.
that wasn't Doty in the Hardy case....... it was an NFL appointed arbitrator named Nickerson or Hickerson....... Zeke would be smart to sue in Federal Court before the NFL announces it internal appeal ruling so the NFL can't go Judge shopping first

erod

Reaction score
You, specifically said, a court can't overturn this. Don't change your tune now - they can, you were wrong. There is also laws protecting Zeke here if his suspension isn't reduced due to examples he can cite.
Geez, I'm tired of this cycle with you.

Serious question. Your honest opinion. Did Zeke hit that girl?

beacamdim

Reaction score

And as for the law regarding CBA's and punishment, go do some homework and read this:

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/amp....ourt-suspension-roger-goodell-wins?source=dam

beacamdim

Reaction score
that wasn't Doty in the Hardy case....... it was an NFL appointed arbitrator named Nickerson or Hickerson....... Zeke would be smart to sue in Federal Court before the NFL announces it internal appeal ruling so the NFL can't go Judge shopping first

Also, Doty was smacked down by the Eighth Circuit and his ruling was reversed. The Circuit court covering MN agreed with the Second Circuit in the Brady case. That was in the Adrian Peterson case.

DCthrashin

Reaction score
But none of that matters. The league ruled, and that's the end of it except for an appeal to Goodell to reduce the suspension to fewer games.

Plus, they're looking at the night club incident now. He could receive a further suspension on that.

I heard the appeal wouldn't happen unless there's new evidence? ASSUMING Zeke's side isn't making inflammatory claims do you think there is hope on that front?

The night club incident never bothered me and the only way it would worry me is if they use the same thought process as the DV charge to suspend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.