News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaede

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the doom and gloom if he is suspended for the first 6 games? Most likely it will be reduced. The Giants and Packers are toss ups with or without him. I got flamed for saying this 2 months ago but I said that IF he was suspended for one game then I had hoped it would be against the Giants. One, to get it out of the way. Two, they beat us twice last year when we had Zeke. Zeke wasn't the difference and now the coaches will hopefully change the game plan and pass more which is what we need to do to beat the, anyways IMO.

49'ers and Rams are W's with or without Zeke. Broncos and Cardinals are still very beatable without Zeke. With our o line, McFadden and Morris should still be able to pick up enough yards each play to move the ball methodically down the field. I could have driven an 18 wheeler through some of the holes the O line created last year.

Kind of hard to believe I'm normally the most pessimistic one around here and as much as this sucks I still think we'll be just fine.

I agree it's not all doom and gloom. It sucks, yeah, but I just vchoose to think of it as an injury. A high ankle sprain.

Inflicted by the NFL.

erod

Reaction score
how much you make does not change what pumps through your veins.....rich, poor, black, white....we are ALL human....and because we are human...mistakes will be made....every day. There are laws that lead to consequences when violated....regardless of who you are. What laws were violated?

What you make DOES change the responsibilities you have. Period.

And it DOES change the consequences of your actions by a thousand times. You can't sue a broke man for millions.

links18

Reaction score
I wonder how long will the appeals process take. I don't think it will go as long as the Brady suspension because now there's precedent for courts to rule that Goodell can do whatever he wants.

That's not the precedent. He can't do anything that violates the contract or minimum standards of labor law. But who knows how it will play out. NFL needs to start worrying about how all of this affects the product on the field and the attention of the fans.

erod

Reaction score
that was sarcasm...... Elliott treated her like a booty call and not a gf....... he paid for her apartment but didn't live there...... she was not a "sex slave"
A police report seems an odd place for sarcasm.

Fontaine

Reaction score
I think we see Jones come out swinging this time:

IMG_4338.jpg

Sage3030

Reaction score
an accusation or an incident? Because if my neighbor accuses me of something....and the cops come and see no need to bring charges....it is as if it NEVER happened. I don't go to jail or have a mark on my record!

An accusation by the same lady.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
you are 100% wrong...... the hear appeals of federal court cases... that is their role....... it doesn't have to be about the constitution

It's the highest court in the land they rule on constitutional issues....not nfl player suspensions

erod

Reaction score
Jerry didn't fight back when he and Snyder were fined and he knows he could've won, he's not going to put the league in Jeopardy for the sake of wins for the Cowboys.
Zeke, not Jerry. My response was to a comment about Zeke.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Isn't this double jeopardy? Also they are using people who are experienced law enforcement and prosecution but Zeke and his counsel get no chance to dispute claims of these "witnesses".

That is crazy.

No trial. Can't have double jeopardy if no trial. Like Jordan Lewis cannot be tried criminally for same DV even if new evidence presented. He can be sued however.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said sounds good. That's not how most folks even get together anymore esp when dealing with high profile individuals but you keep using the idealistic version of relationships.

Let's be honest here...

Elliott is kind of a dolt.

And would it shock anyone that he did rough this girl up a bit?

fan62

Reaction score
MEMBERS OF THE EXTERNAL EXPERT ADVISORY PANEL

PETER HARVEY, Esq., New Jersey. Giants Fan

KEN HOUSTON, Washington Commanders player

TONYA LOVELACE, MA, Philadelphia Eagles Fan

MARY JO WHITE, Esq., New York Giants Fan

Yep, that's totally impartial!

Status
Not open for further replies.