News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRoni

Reaction score
Man, my excitement over the season coming is pretty much dead now.

erod

Reaction score
For those asking about Lewis and Mixon...those happened before they hit the NFL. These incidents happened the week of July 16 2016, months after he was drafted and while they had done OTAs and mandatory minicamp. That is the difference. Zeke was already in the league. It's still a garbage *** suspension though!
It happened before he signed his contract. Hence, before he was an employee of the Cowboys and the NFL.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
200.webp

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
This sucks...like really bad...

I was admittedly all for Greg Hardy being suspended because there was empirical evidence that he did in fact, abuse his girlfriend and showed absolutely no remorse.

But this is absurd. There are texts from this woman to a friend that literally ask her to lie to the police... The police didn't file any charges and the investigation was dropped.

Well, at least we have Morris and McFadden. I think we'll still be alright...

But this is a huge blow, especially with the schedule being as difficult as it is.

aria

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the doom and gloom if he is suspended for the first 6 games? Most likely it will be reduced. The Giants and Packers are toss ups with or without him. I got flamed for saying this 2 months ago but I said that IF he was suspended for one game then I had hoped it would be against the Giants. One, to get it out of the way. Two, they beat us twice last year when we had Zeke. Zeke wasn't the difference and now the coaches will hopefully change the game plan and pass more which is what we need to do to beat the, anyways IMO.

49'ers and Rams are W's with or without Zeke. Broncos and Cardinals are still very beatable without Zeke. With our o line, McFadden and Morris should still be able to pick up enough yards each play to move the ball methodically down the field. I could have driven an 18 wheeler through some of the holes the O line created last year.

Kind of hard to believe I'm normally the most pessimistic one around here and as much as this sucks I still think we'll be just fine.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If you've spent enough time with a person and you're not a dolt... you should have some idea.
Like I said sounds good. That's not how most folks even get together anymore esp when dealing with high profile individuals but you keep using the idealistic version of relationships.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
so the league office is going to turn that info over to the police right? I mean obviously there was a crime that took place right?
They have an obligation to do it. If they have evidence that he's guilty then do the right thing. Of course we know this has nothing to do with the NFL doing the right thing. It's all for PR.

Qbert

Reaction score
Hope every player starts wearing a GoPro 24/7 cuz this is just the beginning of women making allegations

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
the supreme court deals with constitutional issues, they weren't wasting their time on a NFL suspension since they only take on 1/10th of the case appealing to them every year
you are 100% wrong...... the hear appeals of federal court cases... that is their role....... it doesn't have to be about the constitution

cowboys1985

Reaction score
if they did, would have been a charge laid in the first place by you know the people who are paid to investigate crimes,,,

That's the wild part, they didn't even pursue charges. And it wasn't one of those situations where they didn't pursue charges because the victim wasn't cooperating because of a out of court settlement. They didn't pursue charges because it was very likely a crime was never committed. Seems like the NFL is suspending Zeke because there's a remote possibility that a crime was committed. I.E Accuser had bruises, and the accuser said Zeke did it. Therefore Zeke may have done it and for that 6 games.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
EE: eats a hamburger
Mara: that's not grass-fed beef!
Goodell: that's a year son

birdwells1

Reaction score
Exactly, so if he doesn't fight back with that intensity, what does that tell you about the truth in all this?
Jerry didn't fight back when he and Snyder were fined and he knows he could've won, he's not going to put the league in Jeopardy for the sake of wins for the Cowboys.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
if they did, would have been a charge laid in the first place by you know the people who are paid to investigate crimes,,,

If the DA believes based on the evidence, a higher bar for court than the NFL, he or she would decide if charges could secure a conviction, if he or she doesn't believe he could get a conviction, then he's not bringing charges...does mean he didn't do it or not...

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Im not happy, im pissed off that our season is in jeopardy of being blown to hell because our idiot running back can't stay away from trouble. Keep defending the idiocy, by all means.

We know the personal conduct policy is stupid. We know that despite that, you have to play by their rules no matter how ridiculous they are in order to keep playing in the NFL. Zeke knows all this too and continues to act like an idiot.

I'm sorry, but Zeke isn't worth defending.
What idiocy did I defend? Please show proof and don't be like the nfl and just say something with no actual facts.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone please explain the doom and gloom if he is suspended for the first 6 games? Most likely it will be reduced. The Giants and Packers are toss ups with or without him. I got flamed for saying this 2 months ago but I said that IF he was suspended for one game then I had hoped it would be against the Giants. One, to get it out of the way. Two, they beat us twice last year when we had Zeke. Zeke wasn't the difference and now the coaches will hopefully change the game plan and pass more which is what we need to do to beat the, anyways IMO.

49'ers and Rams are W's with or without Zeke. Broncos and Cardinals are still very beatable without Zeke. With our o line, McFadden and Morris should still be able to pick up enough yards each play to move the ball methodically down the field. I could have driven an 18 wheeler through some of the holes the O line created last year.

Kind of hard to believe I'm normally the most pessimistic one around here and as much as this sucks I still think we'll be just fine.

Agreed.

I don't think the Cowboys lose a single game because of the suspension.

They'll lose because their pass defense is faulty or Dak has a bad game.

And I fully expect the suspension to be reduced.

JBond

Reaction score
Teams with poor leadership need to avoid drafting dumb players.

Status
Not open for further replies.