News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I can't argue that he hasn't made dumb decisions but on this issue I need proof not the bumbling nfl to just tell me something. Their credibility is shot on stuff like this. They just gave Brown one game after all the evidence and people today on tv aren't really bringing that up but this case where the law has cleared him its six games? Nope that's bogus to me and like someone said which policy is dude even suspended on?
do not forget teh NFL's lack of transparency of knowing about it a lot longer than they let on.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
So I read the letter, and if it's true, how could he not have been legally charged? This only confuses me more.

Here is what happened

She took pictures of bruises- sent the pictures to family members at different times to set up a time frame, and then they had medics examine pictures from a cell phone and determined Zeke hit here- lol if that is true every player in the league should be terrified

Staubacher

Reaction score
Now all the gold digger types can use this to threaten their NFL boyfriends from breaking up with them. Good job commish.

I just read the entire letter. It makes a compelling case that Zeke did in fact beat up his girlfriend at least twice. They provided tons of evidence and had multiple credible people determine the validity of her claims.

We can call it all a conspiracy theory or accept that Zeke did something very wrong. 6 football games is nothing compared to career and life.

I would suggest Zeke and Jerry and all of us accept this and root for him to turn it into a positive by learning from it to be a better man. That is exactly the purpose of discipline.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The question is who wins the PR battle here.

we lose no matter what

if we fight the appeal, we are allegedly accepting and defending spousal abuse (doesn't matter whether it happened or not)

if we don't we are keeping an abuser on the field

jwitten82

Reaction score
Zeke doesnt deserve 6 games, but I think we all found is the zeke is a trick,lol. Why the hell would co sign for a car and rent out an apt for a woman thats not your girlfriend/wife? She couldnt have been that good and he was a star in college Im sure he didnt have to spend a dime to get some.

rynochop

Reaction score
If you read the letter to Elliott- you will see this is all based on "probability" that it happened. They have no proof- yet there was a video of Ray Rice knocking out his girlfriend. They have nothing- shame on the NFLPA for allowing this to happen and being the weakest most worthless pro sports union bar none. They got their clocks cleaned at collective bargaining.

Expect a long protracted strike the next time around
Yeah, I think it's going to be MLB back in '94 ugly the next go round, as in prepare for no season

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Oh yea because they know without Elliott we are that much weaker. Big celebration going on in DC , NY and Philly.

I dont get this point of view. The giants have beat Dallas 3 times in a row, twice with zeke and the eagles 3 of the last 4.

This is on zeke and on the cowboys for continually allowing this type of person on the team. This team will have 5 damn players suspended, 5.

visionary

Reaction score
lol at those of you who thought jerry would go to fight for Zeke and those if you who have always Saud that jerry cares about winning

I told you guys that jerry only fights for 2 things, his money and his ego

Jerry will never expend his gravitas with the NFL for one of his players

Never

The guy is a moron and winning is not a high consideration for him

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Silver lining: Could this get Zeke's attention?

I didn't expect this suspension, but I FULLY expected one like this down the road.

Your career is in jeopardy, son. What are you going to do going forward?

What did he do that is so wrong that it warranted a 6 game suspension? I call this a witch hunt.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What exactly are they suspending him for? Accusations? Wow, you look great right now NFL. Good to know you'll suspend employees based on hearsay. Six games for domestic violence that appears to be completely made up and an alleged incident at a night club where no charges were pressed? **** outta here

I don't under stand it thought you have to be proven guilty - on these charges ?

She took pics of some bruises.

Maaaybe her and zeke discussed the fight through text messages but it could've been her discussing it with a friend too. They didn't tell us who she discussed it with.

Based on what I just heard it is a suspension based on probabilities of him doing it.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
but they didn't suspend raiders? rookie cb because he wasn't in nfl yet.....
Yes it's very inconsistent but still within their powers. It's like getting pulled over for speeding when everyone is speeding. Why you?

Zman5

Reaction score
What part of the following statement can't the NFL understand? This is HER friend saying this.

"The office also released photos, a 911 call and text messages among the woman and one of her friends who said the woman told her to lie to police.

"At no time during the night, did I witness Ezekiel come into physical contact with [the woman]," the friend said in a written statement to police. "

mugsybows

Reaction score
That conference call on the fan that was with todd jones thats named in the report was laughably bad. He said well zeke's reps said maybe she fell down so thats how she got bruises, but no one saw that. With that said Zeke was with her over the four days she got the bruises so i mean he must have gave them to her.

when asked a simple question of was he popped for domestic violence or conduct policy, they couldnt do it.

That conference call just showed what we are dealing with. bunch of idiots run the NFL.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Here is what happened

She took pictures of bruises- sent the pictures to family members at different times to set up a time frame, and then they had medics examine pictures from a cell phone and determined Zeke hit here- lol if that is true every player in the league should be terrified
If this is true I'd be laughing on my way to retirement after I sue the nfl for beaucoup money lol

visionary

Reaction score
I dont get this point of view. The giants have beat Dallas 3 times in a row, twice with zeke and the eagles 3 of the last 4.

This is on zeke and on the cowboys for continually allowing this type of person on the team. This team will have 5 damn players suspended, 5.

#RKG

Took 6 years but Garrett finally had built the team he wanted

erod

Reaction score
1. Give him a chance to fight.

2. Most every man I have ever met would not fight back with the same intensity that I would. It's not that I'm 'right' or 'better' than they are...it's just part of my personality and sometimes I don't know when to quit and I'm not afraid to cut my nose off to spite my face.

3. Young kid could get the wrong advice and have people tell him to just to serve the suspension and put it behind you.

I'm not convinced that he did not do it. But, I'm not convinced he did it either. I still need more information and evidence to come to a better judgment.

YR
Reading that NFL communication to Zeke...it's disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.