News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

isawoj

Reaction score
Reading that NFL communication to Zeke...it's disturbing.
How about the section about his St Paddy's day incident?

They said it had no impact on their decision and then basically told him to get his **** together or he could lose his career. Sound advice, but I'm not sure why it was included if it had no bearing on their decision.

erod

Reaction score
There were pictures of Josh Brown's wife's bruises.

Josh Brown signed a statement that said "I have physically, verbally and emotionally abused my wife Molly,"

...he got 1 game.
That is truly disturbing. I wonder if Jerry uses that as part of his response.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Ok I read their findings as well

• The prosecutor never said that she was lying or didn't believe her. This has been misreported in the local media and in the zone.
  • The st paddys day boob incident also played a role in their decision
Can't argue with these two things

Staubacher

Reaction score
Then how dow you explain her friend saying that wasn't the case? Why would HER friend say the following in a written statement to the police? This is HER friend's statement.

"The office also released photos, a 911 call and text messages among the woman and one of her friends who said the woman told her to lie to police.

"At no time during the night, did I witness Ezekiel come into physical contact with [the woman]," the friend said in a written statement to police
. "

I am not trying the case, I'm accepting the results. Your points of defense of Zeke were brought up by him and his legal team. They had a fair and full hearing.

He beat her up at least twice. That is the conclusion of ALL of the evidence.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I just read the entire letter. It makes a compelling case that Zeke did in fact beat up his girlfriend at least twice. They provided tons if evidence and had multiple credible people determine the validity of her claims.

There were reports of numerous calls to police about domestic violence and four independent individuals the league asked to have a look at the evidence all concluded she was abused....take your head out of the sand!

That's the first thing that hit me when I read the letter. It appears that there's some pretty compelling evidence that Zek may have assaulted this woman on multiple occasions. And multiple independent investigators pretty much agreed after seeing the evidence (ie: photos, text messages, etc.) so I don't think this is some grad conspiracy. Honestly, that concerns me.

Unfortunately, I think there might be something here. But, more concerning is that, no matter what happens in this case, another slip up by Zek can mean a season long suspension or even worse.

I'd bet the appeal will be very telling. I still think it gets knocked down to 2 or 3 games but Zek is officially on notice and his career just started.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I just read the entire letter. It makes a compelling case that Zeke did in fact beat up his girlfriend at least twice. They provided tons of evidence and had multiple credible people determine the validity of her claims.

We can call it all a conspiracy theory or accept that Zeke did something very wrong. 6 football games is nothing compared to career and life.

I would suggest Zeke and Jerry and all of us accept this and root for him to turn it into a positive by learning from it to be a better man. That is exactly the purpose of discipline.
Then charge the kid with DV

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
you understand this point of view means the NFL is doing the right thing now and did the wrong thing on brown right? I keep seeing this posted everywhere and I dont think people understand that is the point they are making.
They are being hypocritical...How do you make up rules and punishments on the fly like this and expect to be a credible organization?

cowboys1985

Reaction score
League doesn’t find that Ezekiel Elliott failed to cooperate with investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on August 11, 2017, 1:04 PM EDT

Getty Images

When someone from the league office leaked to Cris Carter details about Ezekiel Elliott‘s looming suspension, Carter was told about “information that he had been advised possibly to give up, that was destroyed.”

That’s not quite how it came out in the final decision.

The letter from the NFL to Elliott addresses the issue with one sentence: “Finally, while there are some questions with respect to the completeness of your cooperation with the investigation, the Commissioner has not found a violation of the Policy based on your lack of cooperation and no discipline will be imposed on that basis.”

If the league believed Elliott had destroyed evidence — and if the league could prove it — Elliott surely would have been punished separately for that. As it stands, he received a six-game suspension only for the injuries he allegedly inflicted on Tiffany Thompson over a period of five days in July 2016.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...liott-failed-to-cooperate-with-investigation/

It's clear to that the NFL did not find new evidence, NFL is not punishing Zeke for a cover up. The NFL is believing the words of the accuser over Zeke, the witness and the police findings.

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
we lose no matter what

if we fight the appeal, we are allegedly accepting and defending spousal abuse (doesn't matter whether it happened or not)

if we don't we are keeping an abuser on the field
I don't understand why the girl would keep coming back if Zeke was abusing her. The letter states that there were different
instances over a few days. What kind of idiot keeps going back to get abused, unless she was looking for a payday or something.

JBond

Reaction score
Man shut up. Its obvious what's being done here. Suspended for 6 games and losing 8 million dollars cuz a bitter chick lied on him :facepalm:

Why did Josh brown only get 1 game when he admitted to his abuse??

Whine all you want. It doesn't change reality. Organizations that lack leadership shouldn't take chances on dummies.

Last edited:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
What?

They are suspending him for his DV incident. They have a policy on DV. They aren't following it because they can't. So they shift it over to Code of Conduct which gives them far more latitude where they can suspend a player just because they feel like he may have committed DV without proving it.

This is not a court of law, this is a civil public court, and the league only needs to believe there's a perponderous of the evidence 51% belief he did it to suspend him...Same as your job, they don't need a conviction to suspend you or fire you for company conduct

aria

Reaction score
Oh yea because they know without Elliott we are that much weaker. Big celebration going on in DC , NY and Philly.
Honestly I bet most other NFCE fans are disappointed, I would be. Other than one idiot here last year that was hoping Jordy Nelson would be injured for our game against GB I think most fans would want to face the opposition with all their best players. I'm sure there's some that disagree but I wouldn't find near as much satisfaction beating the Patriots without Tom Brady or beating the Giants without Beckham or Eli (even though Eli sucks). It's just not the same and I wouldn't want any excuses.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
It's clear to that the NFL did not find new evidence, NFL is not punishing Zeke for a cover up. The NFL is believing the words of the accuser over Zeke, the witness and the police findings.
The prosecutor said he believed her

Status
Not open for further replies.