News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
you can't foresee or have a specific rule on every thing you can think off, that's why it falls under code of conduct catch all

What?

They are suspending him for his DV incident. They have a policy on DV. They aren't following it because they can't. So they shift it over to Code of Conduct which gives them far more latitude where they can suspend a player just because they feel like he may have committed DV without proving it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's going to be MLB back in '94 ugly the next go round, as in prepare for no season

as I recall all the conservative members which is like the whole board here attacked the players and attacked and blamed the union. How can they be upset now, this is the exact setup you enabled?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is what happened

She took pictures of bruises- sent the pictures to family members at different times to set up a time frame, and then they had medics examine pictures from a cell phone and determined Zeke hit here- lol if that is true every player in the league should be terrified

If nothing else they should be darned careful.

And then you don't compound it by going out and pulling women's shirts down.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I just read the entire letter. It makes a compelling case that Zeke did in fact beat up his girlfriend at least twice. They provided tons if evidence and had multiple credible people determine the validity of her claims.

We can call it all a conspiracy theory or accept that Zeke did something very wrong. 6 football is nothing compared to career and life.

I would suggest Zeke and Jerry and all of us accept this and root for Asks to turn it into a positive by learning from it to be a better man. That is exactly the purpose of discipline.
**** off

bodi

Reaction score
League doesn’t find that Ezekiel Elliott failed to cooperate with investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on August 11, 2017, 1:04 PM EDT

Getty Images

When someone from the league office leaked to Cris Carter details about Ezekiel Elliott‘s looming suspension, Carter was told about “information that he had been advised possibly to give up, that was destroyed.”

That’s not quite how it came out in the final decision.

The letter from the NFL to Elliott addresses the issue with one sentence: “Finally, while there are some questions with respect to the completeness of your cooperation with the investigation, the Commissioner has not found a violation of the Policy based on your lack of cooperation and no discipline will be imposed on that basis.”

If the league believed Elliott had destroyed evidence — and if the league could prove it — Elliott surely would have been punished separately for that. As it stands, he received a six-game suspension only for the injuries he allegedly inflicted on Tiffany Thompson over a period of five days in July 2016.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...liott-failed-to-cooperate-with-investigation/

Reactions: BAT

Vero_F250

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Law enforcement saw no wrong. If he did it, he should be dealt with. There are so many inconsistencies, I don't know how you could make this ruling, especially given the texts they had of her planning revenge.

Also, what's up with Joe Mixon???

I need more clarity here.

Mixon = College
Elliott = NFL (July 16 2016)

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Doubt it. Not even authorities had enough to charge him. And shefter just said it's mostly based on "allegations" lmao. Goodell is a joke. I hope we appeal and get it down to 2-3 games. I hope zeke can rub that Lombardi trophy in the commish face by the end of all this..

Zeke should not have been suspended at all if its based on allegations. Goddell is treading on hot water here. Its another stupid decision by them that makes the NFL a joke.

Zman5

Reaction score
I just read the entire letter. It makes a compelling case that Zeke did in fact beat up his girlfriend at least twice. They provided tons if evidence and had multiple credible people determine the validity of her claims.

We can call it all a conspiracy theory or accept that Zeke did something very wrong. 6 football is nothing compared to career and life.

I would suggest Zeke and Jerry and all of us accept this and root for Asks to turn it into a positive by learning from it to be a better man. That is exactly the purpose of discipline.

Then how dow you explain her friend saying that wasn't the case? Why would HER friend say the following in a written statement to the police? This is HER friend's statement.

"The office also released photos, a 911 call and text messages among the woman and one of her friends who said the woman told her to lie to police.

"At no time during the night, did I witness Ezekiel come into physical contact with [the woman]," the friend said in a written statement to police
. "

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I just read the entire letter. It makes a compelling case that Zeke did in fact beat up his girlfriend at least twice. They provided tons of evidence and had multiple credible people determine the validity of her claims.

We can call it all a conspiracy theory or accept that Zeke did something very wrong. 6 football games is nothing compared to career and life.

I would suggest Zeke and Jerry and all of us accept this and root for him to turn it into a positive by learning from it to be a better man. That is exactly the purpose of discipline.
I would be fine with this....but I am not fine with the inconsistency. Why did the kicker for the Giants get 1 game? Zeke had never even put on a uniform when the alleged incidents took place

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were pictures of Josh Brown's wife's bruises.

Josh Brown signed a statement that said "I have physically, verbally and emotionally abused my wife Molly,"

...he got 1 game.

That was last year.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
oh yes they do, hell this one allegedly said he believed her, and if all the evidence that old Robespierre said was found existed, no way he couldn't have secured a conviction.

In this case, he wasn't even arrested let alone charged. This is a typical NFL kangaroo court.

What he believes is not the same as what he can prove to secure a conviction...some of you people can't grasp the difference what can be proved in a court of law, higher standard(beyond a reasonable doubt) and public or even civil court, purponderous of evidence, which is 51%-49%...so apparently the League fell under the 51%,

Status
Not open for further replies.