News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
They are being hypocritical...How do you make up rules and punishments on the fly like this and expect to be a credible organization?

No question brown should have been suspended for the season as I believe zeke should be if he indeed did beat up this woman.

When your lawyer argues the woman fell down the stairs I think that is pretty cut and dry.

bodi

Reaction score
If the league believed Elliott had destroyed evidence — and if the league could prove it — Elliott surely would have been punished separately for that.

As it stands, he received a six-game suspension only for the injuries he allegedly inflicted on Tiffany Thompson over a period of five days in July 2016.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm watching him closely to see how hard he fights for his reputation here.

Well.. The court system never arrested him or found him guilty so I don't know how else he is supposed to fight for his reputation because the NFL can just decide whatever they want to.

erod

Reaction score
How about the section about his St Paddy's day incident?

They said it had no impact on their decision and then basically told him to get his **** together or he could lose his career. Sound advice, but I'm not sure why it was included if it had no bearing on their decision.
DV is an automatic 6 game suspension. So the other served to support it, but wasn't necessary if they've determined they believe the abuse occurred.

He'll appeal, and probably get it reduced to 2-3 games. If that's all he does, I'll tend to believe he's guilty. If he pursues it further to get back at a false accuser, then perhaps not.

The Columbus DA's office looks really foolish here. Must be season ticket holders at OSU.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I'm shocked and very disappointed.....but this is a Team and we still have our OL....get up, dust yourself off and onto the season with even more purpose to prove America's Team can win without Zeke for 6 games...

Go Cowboys :flagwave:

:espn:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
How about the section about his St Paddy's day incident?

They said it had no impact on their decision and then basically told him to get his **** together or he could lose his career. Sound advice, but I'm not sure why it was included if it had no bearing on their decision.
They could not consider his "partying"....because Gronk would be banned for life!

erod

Reaction score
Well.. The court system never arrested him or found him guilty so I don't know how else he is supposed to fight for his reputation because the NFL can just decide whatever they want to.
Reading that report, why didn't they. They admitted that they believe the girl, but they didn't press charges.

Must have good seats.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That was last year.
That's not the point. I'm pretty sure if you were in some situation you'd want to be treated the same way regardless of the year right? If you're consistent people can't even bring that up against you so that's how the nfl should do things but they don't.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Mara may have got his boy into a situation that could signal the end.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Read the letter the NFL sent him.

I agree with you that the letter does not put forward a very good story. I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can, but also realize that letter was written to justify a suspension and a viewpoint.

I do find it curious that after these incident/photos/timeline was presented to zeke and his legal team in the recent face-to-face meeting in NYC (then Jerry was either there or briefed on all presented) that Jerry came out publicly and said no evidence, no suspension expected. Jerry is a lot of things but he never stuck his neck out like this in other incidents I can remember. There seems to be a large disconnect.

aria

Reaction score
I don't understand why the girl would keep coming back if Zeke was abusing her. The letter states that there were different
instances over a few days. What kind of idiot keeps going back to get abused, unless she was looking for a payday or something.
Actually you would be surprised. Ironically I had a class on DV yesterday and most victims stay with the abuser for several different reasons.

links18

Reaction score
we lose no matter what

if we fight the appeal, we are allegedly accepting and defending spousal abuse (doesn't matter whether it happened or not)

if we don't we are keeping an abuser on the field

Jerry has already publicly defended Zeke. At some point, the arbitrary, capricious and unfair nature of the NFL disciplinary process has to be called into question, particularly when it starts having such an obvious effect on the competitive balance on the field. Its one thing to crack down on genuine cases of DV; its another to ruin someone's reputation and a team's season, because of unproven allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.