News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodger12

Reaction score
This is not a court of law, this is a civil public court, and the league only needs to believe there's a perponderous of the evidence 51% belief he did it to suspend him...Same as your job, they don't need a conviction to suspend you or fire you for company conduct

Good point that will get lost on a lot of people. In many occupations, it doesn't matter if you've been arrested or the police didn't press charges. My job has a personal conduct policy that can be enforced even if I wasn't arrested. The NFL is no different.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Next moves

NFL Appeal - DENIED
Federal Court appeal- STAY until heard
Federal Court hearing- overturned sometime in 2018

Elliott has to fight all the way do the nature of the charges and the fact that a second violation could lead to banishment

Elliott can practice and play all Pre-season..... suspension starts 9/2 if upheld

isawoj

Reaction score
This is not a court of law, this is a civil public court, and the league only needs to believe there's a perponderous of the evidence 51% belief he did it to suspend him...Same as your job, they don't need a conviction to suspend you or fire you for company conduct
I am not saying this is your viewpoint, but I liken the NFL to the NCAA. This is not a court of law, it is an organization that the members of said organization have given control and power to sit in judgement of the members and mete out 'justice' however they see fit. It is almost never uniform and each incident that seems similar can have a very different punishment.

erod

Reaction score
I read it. Can you point to the evidence therein?

The DA believed the woman, but didn't pursue for whatever reason because of the evidence. That is telling.

The NFL is like a civil court, only less stringent than even that. They don't need hard evidence to rule. DV, by league rule, is automatic 6 games.

Not saying I agree, but that's the nut of it.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Zeke owns this completely. I couldn't care less about the NFL overstepping or the appeal down to less games. His behavior has been less than the standards the team needs for him to not hurt the team. He is a disappointment off the field thus far and hopefully he turns it around. Right now, being so close to a longer suspension with another conviction, he being worth the pick is in question.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I am not saying this is your viewpoint, but I liken the NFL to the NCAA. This is not a court of law, it is an organization that the members of said organization have given control and power to sit in judgement of the members and mete out 'justice' however they see fit. It is almost never uniform and each incident that seems similar can have a very different punishment.

The players(NFLPA) and the League(NFL OWNERS) agreed to this in their collective bargaining, I agree they shouldn't have but they did...so the players have to live by the findings

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
He will appeal. Likely goes to two games

We have been unsuccessful
Next moves

NFL Appeal - DENIED
Federal Court appeal- STAY until heard
Federal Court hearing- overturned sometime in 2018

Elliott has to fight all the way do the nature of the charges and the fact that a second violation could lead to banishment

Elliott can practice and play all Pre-season..... suspension starts 9/2 if upheld

Agreed, this will not be reduced.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
wm0y12.png

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
At least I can get EE cheap in my fantasy league....... fresh for the playoffs

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I agree with you that the letter does not put forward a very good story. I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can, but also realize that letter was written to justify a suspension and a viewpoint.

I do find it curious that after these incident/photos/timeline was presented to zeke and his legal team in the recent face-to-face meeting in NYC (then Jerry was either there or briefed on all presented) that Jerry came out publicly and said no evidence, no suspension expected. Jerry is a lot of things but he never stuck his neck out like this in other incidents I can remember. There seems to be a large disconnect.

Jerry is just selling like he always does.

or maybe they should put him in the private investigator hall of fame also.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not the point. I'm pretty sure if you were in some situation you'd want to be treated the same way regardless of the year right? If you're consistent people can't even bring that up against you so that's how the nfl should do things but they don't.

The league's decisions aren't consistent.

They change like the breeze.

It's not right, but it's how it is.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
It's clear to that the NFL did not find new evidence, NFL is not punishing Zeke for a cover up. The NFL is believing the words of the accuser over Zeke, the witness and the police findings.
A Professional Sex Slave is now considered a credible witness in the eyes of the NFL
NFL is not the law. Many employers can punish employees for conduct the law won't pursue charges for.

2 different issues..
You missed my point, if you read the letter and you believe all the accusations are true, then how can he not be legally charged with a crime? I could be wrong, but I think if there is proof of DV and the accuser presses charges, the initial arrest is mandatory.
In a weird sort of way, I would feel better about the situation if he was legally charged with the crime, at least then we know something more than likely happened and his punishment is warranted. Right now, we're in this limbo where he was not charged with anything, yet the letter sent to him indicates that multiple crimes were committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.