News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
6 games for Zeke, compared to 1 game for the Giants kicker Josh Brown, when he ADMITTED to beating his wife, just reinforces my belief that the Giants get the most bias treatment in the NFL.
Brown beat up his wife IN the NFL rented ProBowl hotel....... security was there.......duhhh

Reactions: BAT

bodi

Reaction score
Jerry Jones reportedly “furious” with Elliott suspension

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 11, 2017, 1:31 PM EDT

Getty Images

For months, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has insisted that running back Ezekiel Elliott wouldn’t face any punishment from the league for the domestic violence incident last summer.

And now that Elliott has been suspended six games, he’s not pleased.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Jones is reportedly “furious” with the league’s decision.

What he does about it is another question. If anything, the league is accustomed to powerful owners having a beef with the league, based on the chill between commissioner Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft following their Deflategate penalties.

Goodell has always contended there was no tension, though Kraft’s own words and actions suggest

Reactions: BAT

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Zeke owns this completely. I couldn't care less about the NFL overstepping or the appeal down to less games. His behavior has been less than the standards the team needs for him to not hurt the team. He is a disappointment off the field thus far and hopefully he turns it around. Right now, being so close to a longer suspension with another conviction, he being worth the pick is in question.

I agree completely. The NFL letter says the next slip up will result in a BAN from the NFL.

This has now impacted the FUTURE of the Dallas Cowboys. Ezekiel Elliot cannot be counted on. Dallas MUST draft another starting caliber RB next year and/or move on from Zeke COMPLETELY.

The punishment may be unfair, but league rules are league rules

Proximo

Reaction score
This is absurd.

And LOL at people reading that letter and coming back like "jee wiz guys it does sound like he abused her".....no **** that's how the letter is going to sound....it's not an objective piece of literature; it's the letter justifying WHY they suspended him. Of course it's going to paint the worst possible picture. C'mon people.

Staubacher

Reaction score
That's what NFL has concluded. That doesn't mean he beat her up at least twice. NFL, for a long time, also said there were no issues with concussions.

You can believe what you want. Qualified people looked into this with ALL the evidence and concluded that Zeke broke NFL conduct policy.

What NFL did w other issues, their desire to make Zeke an example, their hatred of the Cowboys, etc. can all be brought up at appeal. Games may be reduced but he will remain guilty under the conduct policy.

I for one hope Zeke stops being stupid and putting his life and career in peril.

And I hope this culture of bad behavior in the NFL and prevalent on my team the Cowboys is nipped in the bud.

I can deal with 6 football games.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This. The statement released by the NFL only states the supposed domestic abuse. Nothing else.

Why is it 6 games when Josh Brown got one?

That's what has me the most perplexed. If the statement had mentioned other detrimental occurrences involving Zeke, then it would be easier for me to wrap my head around this.

Ah yes. Mara. Answered my own question.

Incredible. Truly can't wrap my head around this specific part of this whole deal.

Brown, DV, 1 game. Elliot, DV (as per statement, I know it's a different type of suspension, Conduct), 6 games.

Seems like they wanted the Conduct suspension for the 6 games? Why did Brown get 1? Why? Anyone?
Zeke is paying for the sins of others....plain and simple.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Um, I officially quit the NFL. This crap is just a rigged device, nothing more. Thanks for the memories Cowboys.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is absurd.

And LOL at people reading that letter and coming back like "jee wiz guys it does sound like he abused her".....no **** that's how the letter is going to sound....it's not an objective piece of literature; it's the letter justifying WHY they suspended him. Of course it's going to paint the worst possible picture. C'mon people.
Cops were there that night and he wasn't even detained....... that is unheard of

then no charges = lying witness

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Jerry Jones reportedly “furious” with Elliott suspension

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 11, 2017, 1:31 PM EDT

Getty Images

For months, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has insisted that running back Ezekiel Elliott wouldn’t face any punishment from the league for the domestic violence incident last summer.

And now that Elliott has been suspended six games, he’s not pleased.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Jones is reportedly “furious” with the league’s decision.

What he does about it is another question. If anything, the league is accustomed to powerful owners having a beef with the league, based on the chill between commissioner Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft following their Deflategate penalties.

Goodell has always contended there was no tension, though Kraft’s own words and actions suggest

who cares? What can jerry do about it? Unbeat the woman?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The Commissioner has authority to administer punishment through the CBA. Shame on the union for agreeing to such one-sided terms.
That is literally the main job of a commissioner

The problem is he is fighting a PR war and not following his own rules

He would rather overcharge and lose in court then undercharge again like Rice and Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.