News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleD

Reaction score
This whole affair is like a Salem witch hunt and the NFL is acting like a kangaroo court in and of itself.
Time for a Federal Judge slapdown and Doty is the man to do it.

RS12

Reaction score
From a publication whose material is not allowed, Zeke's attorney is floating maybe she fell down the stairs or bumped her head on a table. Besides sounding really stupid it just has a bad look.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Im tired of it and its not necessary to win.

Yes also every team has issues and most have many more arrests but there is a problem here with this kind of thing and they seem to think they are above it.

Considering your statements are complete contradictions it seems you just want to *****.

superonyx

Reaction score
To make matters worse...

The DJ punch is still under investigation.
Another suspension could be coming.
Don't worry about that one..
The guy who got punched was a drunk black man who can't even remember getting punched.
It seems like only white women can make accusation and not have to prove them to this leagues feminazi hit squad.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
He didn't say she fell down the stares.. He said that she could've fallen downstairs or bumped her leg waiting tables. Basically accusing her of inflicting her own bruises. Also, she got into a fight with another girl that they said had hair pulling but evidently no punches or anything that could've caused bruises.

Who knows with this girl and who knows with Zeke. The NFL didn't even feel strongly enough about it to call it DV. They just looked at the probabilities and threw the book at him.

during the pc i heard them say his lawyer said she fell down the stairs.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
1-He has no one to blame but himself. ( excessive irrational partying can lead to problems). hope he can learn from it.
2-The NFL is totally wrong on this one 6 games that is too much.
3-We can win games without him no issue here we still have the Great Wall of Texas, RunDMC , and Morris Day to get the job done.

I for one not worried. This could be a blessing in the sky for the team to work harder.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
But this isn't the judicial system. Think about it just like you would your job (which is what the NFL is to Zeke). Your employer could fire you for less, and absent demonstrable proof of discrimination on the basis of age, race, or gender they would be entirely within their rights to enforce their private standards of conduct and behavior.

And it isn't like Zeke and every other NFL player aren't reminded every year what the league requires.

Zeke is a generational talent as a football player. And a generational idiot (giving him every benefit of the doubt) as a human being.

So it goes.
Yes. I've fired guys for smelling like alcohol even though we didn't make him take a breathalyzer. He had red eyes, smelled like alcohol all the time or scope. Everyone knew it but no evidence.

Boom ur fired homie

Vanilla2

Reaction score
it is bizarre. Two years ago we had to waste our time after waiting all year for football talking about that moron hardy and whether or not he beat that girl when we all know he did. Two years later instead of football all that will be talked about again is another assault.

It sucks. Some of us are tired of this crap.

Sounds like it's time for a break

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And so it begins!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20302469/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-suspended-six-games

OXNARD, California -- Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been suspended six games by the NFL for violating the personal conduct policy, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The suspension comes as a result of an investigation that started more than a year ago after an ex-girlfriend accused Elliott of domestic violence in Columbus, Ohio. The Columbus City Attorney's office announced in September that it would not pursue charges against Elliott because of "conflicting and inconsistent information," but the NFL can penalize a player even without legal charges.

Elliott is expected to appeal the suspension, league sources told Schefter.

Elliott has three business days to file notice of appeal, and a hearing must be scheduled within 10 days of receipt of the notice, according to Article 46 of the collective bargaining agreement, which governs appeal of commissioner discipline.

The appeal is heard by the commissioner or his designee, usually former NFL executive Harold Henderson.

Legal authorities concluded that Elliott's accuser was not credible and rejected charging him. Several witnesses, according to sources close to the case, heard the woman yell at Elliott that she would "ruin his career" when she was unhappy that they would not continue their relationship.
Sounds unAmerican to me. Guilty until proven innocent.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Considering your statements are complete contradictions it seems you just want to *****.

There not but I am glad you are so concerned with what I post as usual.

Are you going to tell me the giants and falcons are not good teams again before the end of the day like last year soon?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Does anyone think these four people did anything more than read a summary sheet provided by the NFL and agree to it (which keeps their Advisory Panel paycheck coming)?

When Mary Jo White was at the SEC she was famous for letting Hedge Funds do whatever they wanted. Google the name "Steve Cohen", who made billions in insider trading. His punishment was to pay back a small fraction of that, with no criminal penalities.

The Women of Color Network is a six person non profit in Harrisburg, PA. The Former AG is clearly qualified but I have no idea on Ken Houston's background for this issue or law enforcement matters.

They looked at all the evidence!!!!!!!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
From a publication whose material is not allowed, Zeke's attorney is floating maybe she fell down the stairs or bumped her head on a table. Besides sounding really stupid it just has a bad look.

I think what he's saying is being twisted slightly.

He said what he said in response to essentially being asked to explain the bruises. If Elliott didn't hit her, than how could she have bruises? His answer was essentially you can get bruises a variety of ways, it doesn't mean you got hit or assaulted.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If there is text data out there that proves these allegations, like the NFL rep is saying, then whoever conducted the investigations in Ohio should probably be fired. I know a detective who handles DV cases up here in NJ. Grabbing phone records, text messages, social media pages, etc. are part of their information gathering in almost all cases.
Probably but since there are texts that say she was lying its not an open and shut case IMO with regards to the texts

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a break

had my seats on the PSL exchange and I was out at the end of the season and my wife talked me out of it.

I probably will be out after this season or sooner most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.