News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The only issue here is that Brady deflating footballs did not brand him as a woman beater, did not affect endorsements, and did not put him one more set up away from ending his career. The NFL in this case is branding Zeke for the rest of his life as a criminal. This will have implications in every facet of his life. I think a case can be made in court.

This!!!
:hammer:

Thanks for your concurring views, as this is what I'm wanting to hear because as of TODAY,, that of which you speak and believe are in motion.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
DA's are elected officials. The statute of limitations is not likely over and Zeke has not been prosecuted. There is nothing holding them back.

Anywho, it does not play well to the public at large to side against women in these disputes. The knee jerk reaction is to side with the women and most people are lazy and do not want to look into something before passing judgment.

Actions speak much louder than words.

And what speaks loudly is the media has not focused on the DA and just asked the questions I posed.

It's all been focused on Goodell.

Meanwhile the DA closed the case *citing* the affidavits. Now he sings a different tune, but states that the case is still closed. The simple question is what changed?

YR

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Didn't testify and not accusing the person are two different things. You can accuse somebody of a crime and still not testify.

But you're also talking about a completely different level of crime.

Again, we are talking about something that would be labeled as simple battery or more likely indecent exposure. Or in the examples I've provided, far less serious crimes like theft, trespassing, etc.

Getting into rape, felonious assault, etc. is a whole different story. If the DA felt the woman was sexually assaulted...EE would have been arrested. If the woman went to the police and said that she did not consent to that happening and she wants to press charges...EE would have been arrested.

YR

Fair enough.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There's always circumstances with any crime that can lead to it not being prosecuted. If someone was beaten to a pulp for no reason, odds are an assault occurred and anyone would agree that the person responsible needs to prosecuted. However, if we are talking about a punch in the face, it still an assault, but for what ever reason, charges may not be filed. Maybe the victim feels like they provoked the person, and decided they don't want to go through with charges.

And clearly it matters what she thinks, because I did not say he needed to be prosecuted, however unless she gave him consent prior to, that's sexual assault.

lol wut

I guess I am a sexual offender then because there have been times throughout my life where I have initiated sex with a woman without asking for permission beforehand.

It is abundantly obvious that Zeke was in a ongoing sexual relationship with her already. You have no idea whether or not she consented or really anything about the nature of their relationship.

Zeke needs to understand that this continent was settled by puritans that were kicked out of England and that sentiment still runs deep but that does not make it right. If she doesn't complain you don't get to complain for her.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SOL on most misdemeanors is one year so it has run. This is nothing but BS from a guy wanting to be judge someday. If he had a case he would have filed it. Period

I figured sexual assault was a felony. I'm not sure on the specifics of criminal law at all.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And what speaks loudly is the media has not focused on the DA and just asked the questions I posed.

It's all been focused on Goodell.

Meanwhile the DA closed the case *citing* the affidavits. Now he sings a different tune, but states that the case is still closed. The simple question is what changed?

YR

Someone is now asking him questions and he needs to posture.

T-RO

Reaction score
It should be libel without proof.

I suppose a valid argument could be made that it is in a sense libelous, if the claims are without merit. It certainly impacts Zeke's pocket book.

I do suspect the NFL invested a lot of man-hours into their research and are prepared for Zeke's appeal and even for legal action.

Elliott's actions over the past year (accidents, driving 100mph, pulling down top, curious-though-unknown bar scene) certainly seem to paint a picture of a guy who puts a thrill above the welfare of himself, his teammates and the world around him.

It's a sad day no matter how you look at it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
In MLB guys that get suspended for 3-5-10 games always appeal......their hearing may not be for weeks until they visit a city near NY where HQs are

In the mean time if they get hurt they immediately drop the appeal and serve the 5 game suspension during the week they were going to miss with injury

It will be harder to do in the NFL but if he gets it reduced to 4 games by the NFL appeal it is a strategy to think about ....if Zeke gets a high ankle sprain Week8 then drop the appeal and miss the 4 games you were going to miss anyways.....it doesn't help his rep but that is a personal problem and not a team issue

Reactions: CWR

Kaiser

Reaction score

Pressure from the NFL. That and to a lesser degree, public opinion.

bigbob

Reaction score
e NFL but if he gets it reduced to 4 games by the NFL appeal it is a strategy to think about ....if Zeke gets a high ankle sprain Week8 then drop the appeal and miss the 4 games you were going to miss anyways.....it doesn't h
I think it's more important to have Zeke in the second 8 games than the first eight games because the second 8 games I think are going to be a lot tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.