It is the end! LOST Final Season

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Phoenix;3265875 said:
Since I have been here, seems like every single time, and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME, a thread like this has been started, regardless of which "zone" it happens to be in, quite a lot of the replies are either flaming in a nice way, if that is possible, trolling, criticizing, judgmental sometimes, or just basic off-topic replies to the subject of the thread. Witness this thread.

Where, oh where, is there a message board that people behave at.

I would like to say to all those who have posted content that has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread in question to please, please, reconsider before typing. Hold your tongue, as it were. Take a much needed pause. Allow the thread you intend to derail to remain on subject. Please. All of these side comments in threads that are in no way related to the thread make me skip reading most threads, for that very reason. It's ridiculous.

People, if you have an aversion to a thread topic that is perfectly allowable by forum rules, like this one, DON'T READ IT. DON'T POST. SKIP IT. Please allow the readers here who LIKE Lost to comment on it! We don't need your asinine snide comments! Like in every other thread seems like!

Man.

Someday, someone will invent a new forum that forces people to keep threads on topic. I hope.

I myself have been off-topic in this post, but only as a rebuttal to the other off-topic posts, and as a protest against their continuing (like that will ever happen).

Listen, I am a huge Lost fan, but the people that goof on this board are what make it such a fun board to come to. If you want "all serious all the time", I'm sure there are some Lost fansites out there somewhere.

The Professor and Marian..... (are we to that line yet?)

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
The Ominous;3265448 said:
So what do you guys think of Smokey wanting to "go home"?

Heaven? Hell?

Another planet?:eek:

Well, The Ominous, you bring up a very interesting question.

Perhaps Smokey is a fallen-angel and The Island is its own personal purgatory. We always thought it was the ultimate judger, but perhaps that was the red herring and Smokey is the one being judged. If it uses its ability to judge correctly perhaps it can return home to "heaven", but if not it will be banished to hell.

Now to it being an alien. There have been PLENTY of hints at "something" extraterrestrial about LOST, and on a re-watch of LA X I noticed that the back of the magazine Rose is reading shows "The Truth is out there" and it has some flying saucers.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I dont think theyre going to answer what Smokey is. Its too juicy and theyll leave it hanging there forever

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3266017 said:
Listen, I am a huge Lost fan, but the people that goof on this board are what make it such a fun board to come to. If you want "all serious all the time", I'm sure there are some Lost fansites out there somewhere.

Nope we gotta list ze characters still...

http://www.gilligansisle.com/theme.html

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Joe Rod;3266017 said:

Look back one post :laugh2:

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3264977 said:
So the Bomb did work and it didn't work?

Ahh...you just got to love Lost.

:D
It worked. The theory is if you change the past the time period you're from is unaffected; however, a parallel universe would spawn from the alteration of the past, and that is what would be affected by the changes.

Grandfather Paradox and so forth.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3266440 said:
I dont think theyre going to answer what Smokey is. Its too juicy and theyll leave it hanging there forever

There is no way they leave Smokey a mystery. Team Darlton would have to re-locate to some desolate location and hide forever if they did that. And that's funny, because they said after the series finale they may have to do just that.

Smokey IS and HAS ALWAYS BEEN the key to the whole show.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The Ominous;3266530 said:
There is no way they leave Smokey a mystery. Team Darlton would have to re-locate to some desolate location and hide forever if they did that. And that's funny, because they said after the series finale they may have to do just that.

The scenes w/ Locke/Smokey are awesome, theyre going to use him. I just dont think theyll ever say this is exactly what he is and hes from another planet/hell/heaven/Detroit

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Agreed 100%. The moment that I was hooked was when they heard Smokey the first time and then saw the trees being knocked down. From there, it was over for me.....I kept watching, just hoping one day I find out what the ---- it is and why it's there.

The rest of the questions presented are great, but in the end it was always about the monster for me.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;3266544 said:
The scenes w/ Locke/Smokey are awesome, theyre going to use him. I just dont think theyll ever say this is exactly what he is and hes from another planet/hell/heaven/Detroit

They've said there is going to be a back story on Smokey, towards the end of this last season. Might not give all the details, like it being from Detroit and all, but should explain how the man in black became Smokey and what it's purpose is.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Cover 2;3266509 said:
It worked. The theory is if you change the past the time period you're from is unaffected; however, a parallel universe would spawn from the alteration of the past, and that is what would be affected by the changes.

Grandfather Paradox and so forth.

That sucks for the ones still left on the Island.

:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
The Ominous;3265448 said:
So what do you guys think of Smokey wanting to "go home"?

Heaven? Hell?

Another planet?:eek:

I don't know but I hope the real Locke comes back.

lost-smoke-monster-560w.jpg
....This is what I can do to Bullets.

458450HVexpanded.jpg

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score

Agreed.

Have to answer that question if you answer any.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What I didn't understand about Smokey showing up in Jacob's casa is okay, so Smoke is in the room already... but then the monster itself comes from the opening... it didn't spawn in the room, but came from outside it.

ALSO, if he can stop bullets, why the heck was he running at all when they shot him? Why would he just let them waste all their bullets?

But yeah, they're going to have to answer some questions otherwise it won't be much of a final season.

On a completely different note, am I the only one that cracked up with Sayeed woke up at the end and had that ridiculous look on his face when he asked, "What happened?".

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3266626 said:
I don't know but I hope the real Locke comes back.

lost-smoke-monster-560w.jpg
....This is what I can do to Bullets.

458450HVexpanded.jpg
lol
I thought they picked up a bug, I was like "cmon man".

xout

Believer
Reaction score
Warning: Spoilers. >>>>>

The island being sunk totally "Lost" me.

The temple was cool, although I could have done without the Genghis Khan type leader.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I think when he referred to wanting to go home, he meant the temple. The people at the temple sure expected him to show up.