It kills me to say this about Roy *Merge*

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778393 said:
Whatever formula they use, those rankings are completely worthless for defensive players and always have been. The fact that DeMarcus Ware is their 34th-ranked linebacker should make that absurdly obvious to you.

Anyhow, those rankings say Roy is the 23rd-best defensive back in the entire NFL. Not the 23rd-best safety -- 23rd-best defensive back. Ahead of Kerry Rhodes (29th), Sean Taylor (31st), Adrian Wilson (48th), LaRon Landry (56th), Ken Hamlin (71st), Darren Sharper (83rd), Ed Reed (95th), Troy Polamalu (169th), Bob Sanders (171st), John Lynch (282nd), Rodney Harrison (301st), Brian Dawkins (315th) and almost every other safety, not to mention almost every cornerback, including Asante Samuel (94th), Al Harris (117th), Champ Bailey (126th), Nnamdi Asomugha (226th) and Terence Newman (239th). In fact, Roy is the highest-rated player on our entire defense.

Are you sure you still want to use those rankings as part of your argument?

fail.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778393 said:
Whatever formula they use, those rankings are completely worthless for defensive players and always have been. The fact that DeMarcus Ware is their 34th-ranked linebacker should make that absurdly obvious to you.

Anyhow, those rankings say Roy is the 23rd-best defensive back in the entire NFL. Not the 23rd-best safety -- 23rd-best defensive back. Ahead of Kerry Rhodes (29th), Sean Taylor (31st), Adrian Wilson (48th), LaRon Landry (56th), Ken Hamlin (71st), Darren Sharper (83rd), Ed Reed (95th), Troy Polamalu (169th), Bob Sanders (171st), John Lynch (282nd), Rodney Harrison (301st), Brian Dawkins (315th) and almost every other safety, not to mention almost every cornerback, including Asante Samuel (94th), Al Harris (117th), Champ Bailey (126th), Nnamdi Asomugha (226th) and Terence Newman (239th). In fact, Roy is the highest-rated player on our entire defense.

Are you sure you still want to use those rankings as part of your argument?
I was going to mention something similar to this AFTER he rechecks his math and figures out his 4 TDs the last 2 weeks crap stinks.

I'm so glad I waited.

Biffy >>> :spanking: <<< Adam

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1777990 said:
I don't want to see Roy covering anyone one on one. I'd rather see Watkins in that situation. Roy should be used to cover a back out the backfield or just sit in a short zone reading the QB.

Just blitz him more?

I dunno, you can't always play him in a zone, as a NFL safety he is going to have to cover. It's evident that people are going after him.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BiffWellingtonIII;1778353 said:
Actually it's 5 when you include the catch by Toomer and Shockey to the goaline they led to TD's

Are you even TRYING to make a point, or are you just imitating some bizarre caricature of a clueless troll?

Oh, wait, I know. You forgot the time he carried Jason Campbell on his back for a first down, the hail mary pass he let Mark Brunell catch and the time he lined up in the Commanders' backfield. Woo hoo! It's fun making up crazy stuff!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I picture a mad scramble to save face happening.

The calculator is on fire in the garbage can. His friend posted that while he was in the can. He doesn't really think those things. Maybe he sleep types.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile;1778456 said:

The calculator is on fire in the garbage can. His friend posted that while he was in the can. He doesn't really think those things. Maybe he sleep types.

He ran away quick, maybe he is smarter than we thought

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1778470 said:
I'm tellin' ya, It had to be an act.

It really has to be, because I find it hard to believe someone is that ignorant, well other than about 10 other posters on the zone that is LOL

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778414 said:
Are you even TRYING to make a point, or are you just imitating some bizarre caricature of a clueless troll?

Oh, wait, I know. You forgot the time he carried Jason Campbell on his back for a first down, the hail mary pass he let Mark Brunell catch and the time he lined up in the Commanders' backfield. Woo hoo! It's fun making up crazy stuff!

thanks that made me laugh.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1778480 said:
It really has to be, because I find it hard to believe someone is that ignorant, well other than about 10 other posters on the zone that is LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them turned out to be ghosts also.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Hostile;1778456 said:

:lmao2: :lmao: :laugh1: :hammer: :bravo:
This has been a very enjoyable thread!

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
By the way, I was just thinking about starting a new thread in which I would ask some fresh, hard hitting questions about Roy Williams' coverage skills. What do you guys think? Should I do it? Would you come into my new thread, read my thoughts, and then respond? I think it's a really important topic and I've got some really one-of-a-kind thoughts on this...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1778182 said:
And what season was that? Toomer hasn't caught a TD against us since 2003.
i'm talking about that 20 yard catch that toomer caught in the last giants game

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1778595 said:
i'm talking about that 20 yard catch that toomer caught in the last giants game
Toomer had a 20 yard TD catch in the Giants game?

We putting money on this?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1778599 said:
Toomer had a 20 yard TD catch in the Giants game?

We putting money on this?
it was around a 20 yard gain. if you want i'll go look it up

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1778600 said:
We're talking about TDs and you're talking about a 20 yard gain?

Okay. That clarifies it for me. No need. I'm not interested in the least.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1778606 said:

that's cause statboy keeps saying he only gave up 4 catches for 24 yards against shockey. i'm saying he also gave up a 23 yard completion to toomer. hey hos, can you change my login name for me?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1778600 said:

Hostile;1778606 said:

:eyepoke:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1778615 said:
that's cause statboy keeps saying he only gave up 4 catches for 24 yards against shockey. i'm saying he also gave up a 23 yard completion to toomer. hey hos, can you change my login name for me?
Yeah, PM me.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1778615 said:

Remember what we talked about...

Terrell Owens.