It was a mistake letting Garrett Go

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not just "poorly", stupidly.
In your own post #185 you stated : "Will was basically looking for talent to fit Jason’s vision."
You can't blame Will, like you said, he was "looking for talent to fit Jason's vision". Jason's vision for what he called "The right kind of guy".
Those poor or stupid picks were Garrett's RKG.
You can defend Garrett's mediocrity all you want, but even Jerry couldn't stand it any longer and had to dump the guy.
Like I said in an earlier post, if Garrett was such hot stuff, he'd still be here.
Never said Garrett was “ hot stuff “. I called him a Great Puppet.

And I agree those draft picks were poor or stupid. Bottomline is they were awful. And they were a major contributing factor why our defense wasn’t as effective potentially costing us a greater chance to go further. I get all of that. But I choose to focus on the more positive aspects of his contributions which were on offense that carried us as far as they did.

Remember as much as we all saw it was time for Jason to go, Jerry still was looking for every which way to hang on to him until the very last moment.

Public opinion finally swayed Jerry to go against his instincts which if not Garrett would still be here despite the lack of success because Jerry is more interested in being comfortable than winning. That shouldn’t be on Jason who remained here cause of Jerry. And why Jerry deserves to be the target.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I have been reading all the Dak threads and it seems that he is such an average QB, not talented and some even say he is not worthy of starting in this league and that QBs like him are dime a dozen and can be found anywhere, any time....so Garrett had done an outstanding job, by winning to NFC east titles and going 1-2 in the playoffs, being handicapped at the most important position on the team for the past 4 years....he must have not realized he has hit fools gold in 2016......

I guess we should have kept Garrett, given what he accomplished with such an average to below average QB...

:rolleyes:
Garrett had his faults like game preparation but there were times where I actually wish Garrett could of stepped onto the field and thrown some passes for Dak. They both contributed to preventing this team from going any further than winning the division.

75boyz

Reaction score
I have been reading all the Dak threads and it seems that he is such an average QB, not talented and some even say he is not worthy of starting in this league and that QBs like him are dime a dozen and can be found anywhere, any time....so Garrett had done an outstanding job, by winning to NFC east titles and going 1-2 in the playoffs, being handicapped at the most important position on the team for the past 4 years....he must have not realized he has hit fools gold in 2016......

I guess we should have kept Garrett, given what he accomplished with such an average to below average QB...

The real fun will begin with the arguments here while the Jones kid in NY shows incredible improvement in year 2. All the bickering back and forth over whether Garrett can coach or not will be classic comedy CZ style. Getcha popcone reddy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Your a turd Troll. Nothing less.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I was a Garrett supporter on many fronts mainly because I didn’t believe we had better options with Jerry but it was obviously time to go for Jason.

The atmosphere had become entirely too toxic for Garrett to have any success. He had been given ample time.

And the fact Jerry actually finally brought in another proven experienced HC. I think while being suspect if McCarthy can over come Jerry’s ways it definitely provides for a renewed hope . At least until we see the results come in.

Hmmm, seemed we heard the same thing when Parcells came in. And how'd that work out? Get rid of "Coach Cupcake", " we got a real HC now", "watch the SBs roll in"., etc. etc. etc.

McCarthy, unlike Phillips, has won a SB and multiple playoff games, hopefully it will be different this time.

But I'm not getting my hopes up too much at this point, too many disappointments over the last 26 years, I'm gonna sit tight for now...

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The Tuna worked out very well considering where we were before him and what he had to work with. Would have loved to seen him get 10 years like red.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Tuna worked out very well considering where we were before him and what he had to work with. Would have loved to seen him get 10 years like red.

Much as I liked Parcells as the coach, if for his personality if nothing else, I can't agree he "worked out very well". In 4 years, only made the playoffs twice and lost the first game both times. 34-31 or such overall record. Yes I know he took over a team that was 5-11 for 3 years straight, but coaches are judged by their record, and his record at Dallas was only so-so...

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Much as I liked Parcells as the coach, if for his personality if nothing else, I can't agree he "worked out very well". In 4 years, only made the playoffs twice and lost the first game both times. 34-31 or such overall record. Yes I know he took over a team that was 5-11 for 3 years straight, but coaches are judged by their record, and his record at Dallas was only so-so...

With who was at QB when he first got here he did well to make it to the PO. We were coming off 2 or 3 years in a row of losing and not talking about 7-9 seasons either and I know no one was expecting a SB his first year here. And Jerrah was wanting a new stadium he knew he needed to give control over to the tuna to make it happen.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
With who was at QB when he first got here he did well to make it to the PO. We were coming off 2 or 3 years in a row of losing and not talking about 7-9 seasons either and I know no one was expecting a SB his first year here. And Jerrah was wanting a new stadium he knew he needed to give control over to the tuna to make it happen.

Belichick took over an 8-8 team, and in two years won the SB with a sixth round qb.

Whether or not Parcells took over a worse team isn't the issue, 4 years and not a single playoff win, last 2 seasons the team was 9-7, barely over .500. Like I said, coaches are judged by their record, nobody gives a darn about what kind of a team they took over, you come on as a two time SB winning coach you're expected to do better than 0-2 in the playoffs.

I get your view, but the simple fact is he didn't do that well...

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Belichick took over an 8-8 team, and in two years won the SB with a sixth round qb.

Whether or not Parcells took over a worse team isn't the issue, 4 years and not a single playoff win, last 2 seasons the team was 9-7, barely over .500. Like I said, coaches are judged by their record, nobody gives a darn about what kind of a team they took over, you come on as a two time SB winning coach you're expected to do better than 0-2 in the playoffs.

Let's see the GOAT and then Mr. Weedman. Tuna did well enough for old jerrah to get a stadium and once got that he was back to his old tricks. 0-2 well with Mr. Weedman enough there and then the fumbled snap hurt, so that was not the tuna holding on that kick. 8-8 was still a winning record. 2 or 3 years in a row of 3-13 is a lot different scenario. How many years did red go 8-8 here and kept his job.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
then the fumbled snap hurt, so that was not the tuna holding on that kick

That was one play, one time, hardly relevant to how Parcells did in four years as the head coach. And the ball was slick as glass, polished up by the Seahawks' staff. If not, else why did the NFL start making teams have kicking only footballs?

Romo shouldn't have been the holder, as we saw he almost ran the ball in for a td, a different holder with more speed would probably have made the td.

Besides, even if the kick was successful, would only have put Dallas up by 1 (or 2, whichever), the Seahawks had ample time to get down the field for a fg to win it, not a sure thing of course but it's done very often. That one play probably didn't lose the game for Dallas...

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
That was one play, one time, hardly relevant to how Parcells did in four years as the head coach. And the ball was slick as glass, polished up by the Seahawks' staff. If not, else why did the NFL start making teams have kicking only footballs?

Romo shouldn't have been the holder, as we saw he almost ran the ball in for a td, a different holder with more speed would probably have made the td.

Besides, even if the kick was successful, would only have put Dallas up by 1 (or 2, whichever), the Seahawks had ample time to get down the field for a fg to win it, not a sure thing of course but it's done very often. That one play probably didn't lose the game for Dallas...

RESPECT your take but we agree to disagree but thats all good, we don't live in a Communist State, so disagreement is ok.

kskboys

Reaction score
The real fun will begin with the arguments here while the Jones kid in NY shows incredible improvement in year 2. All the bickering back and forth over whether Garrett can coach or not will be classic comedy CZ style. Getcha popcone reddy.
He will. He showed great promise as a rook.

kskboys

Reaction score
He built a 13-3 team. Why in the world would you say he didn't work out? Sorry, LA, that makes no sense.

kskboys

Reaction score

Tuna made Quincy look like a viable QB. That is not easy to do!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Garrett had his faults like game preparation but there were times where I actually wish Garrett could of stepped onto the field and thrown some passes for Dak. They both contributed to preventing this team from going any further than winning the division.
Garrett was a terrible passer. His QBing makes Dak look like John Elway. That is one crazy take!!!!!!!!!!!!!