Its quite clear the Cowboys dont see running the ball

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You guys didnt want to trade for a 30 year old Adrian Peterson and are now ruing on passing up the 34 year old "gift" of Fred Jackson lol.

Your right I did not want to see Dallas give up a top pick to get a 30 year old RB but I don't rue any player. Dallas has said at this point they are not interested in Fred Jackson I don't see that as a death blow to the season.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Very well could be. And if that is their hope, why not flip a pick for the one they like better? I know it sucks to give up a pick for someone that is going to get cut but it also assures we get the player, which would not be the case on the waiver wire. I would flip a 7th for a young back that will be cut if I thought he would help the team.

I think we will send a pick for someone like michaels, anybody you want that will prolly get cut but you just can't afford them hittin the waivers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has any one looked at the size of other teams RB's compared to ours, and how have they held up. And what were their roles.

Also, if Dallas was not interested in bringing in Jackson, Fred, that is. Why would they be interested in any castoffs he may replace.
The answer is not because they are younger with potential. As why then did a 34 year old RB replace that youth.

remdak

Reaction score
Has any one looked at the size of other teams RB's compared to ours, and how have they held up. And what were their roles.

Also, if Dallas was not interested in bringing in Jackson, Fred, that is. Why would they be interested in any castoffs he may replace.
The answer is not because they are younger with potential. As why then did a 34 year old RB replace that youth.

Who's to say Jackson would have signed with Dallas anyway? Why not Seattle? 2 straight Super Bowl appearances and he gets back with his old buddy Lynch.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
as important as they did last year.

That would be rather stupid considering we were one of the most wildly inconsistent teams in football until we started running it consistently.

You don't like the RB's we have, just say that instead of declaring the team doesn't care about running backs because they don't have one you like.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys believe if you block it up then almost anyone can run through it.

My only concern with the RB's is in goal line / short yardage situations. I want to see McFadden or Randle punch it in from the 1.

I feel like we will be better between the 10's but Murray was money inside the 10 yard line.

I would bet that Collins will be brought in as an extra blocker in those situations. Line him up next to Smith on the left side and you have a lot of power sitting there for a back to run behind.

Craig

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

Its all about the situation on the team and where they are headed. You bring in someone like this guy if you have a real chance to win now and you are missing the situation back you need for 3rd downs. He is not going to give you 200 carries. He is a good blocker and pass catcher. But not dynamic at all. We have a back that fits that role better as of now in McFadden. So we have no need for someone like Jackson. What we need is a young back that can replace Dunbar with a different skill set.

dupree89

Reaction score
. If you truly want to be a running football team, then you load up on backs and make sure you have all the horses you need to pound the football. I'm just not seeing that.

I remain on board with their decision to let Murray go and not pay a premium (trade or high draft pick) for a RB.

RB, LB and TE (Witten aside because he is rare) are the 3 positions that I would try to do on the cheap whenever possible.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its all about the situation on the team and where they are headed. You bring in someone like this guy if you have a real chance to win now and you are missing the situation back you need for 3rd downs. He is not going to give you 200 carries. He is a good blocker and pass catcher. But not dynamic at all. We have a back that fits that role better as of now in McFadden. So we have no need for someone like Jackson. What we need is a young back that can replace Dunbar with a different skill set.

I been waiting for that RB to replace Dunbar for several years.
I am in for a big bruiser for short yardage and goal line plays. It doesn't really give away the play, as everyone knows what is coming, or do they. LOL.. Which is great with Tony back there.
And do not always need the big RB in there for every short yardage plays. McFadden can hit the corner real quick.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just learn to present a case that does not open with the term, obviously.

But hit target from the start. The sky rarely falls, especially around the coaching and scouting talent that are with the franchise at present for Dallas.

• chicken-little-sky-is-falling-1a.jpg

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If they pick up a relic it will be after game 1 when the contract is not guaranteed. But for now they like the 3 they planned on having this season.

Sydla

Reaction score
CowboyRoy is going to beat this point so far into the ground he might come out next to the Great Wall of China.

200.gif

Sandyf

Reaction score
Funny how we fans see something totally different than what the coaches see. Will we run the ball? Absolutely. Sure Murray was great LAST YEAR but he was often injured in previous years. There is nothing to believe he would have been just as good this year. How well will we run the ball this year? Great question and frankly none of us have a clue, guess yes, clue no. What will McFadden or Randle look like in a full game remains to be seen in two weeks. The O line is better this year than last and that is a good thing. Also the O line is a better than last year I believe especially from a backup status. It comes down to see who is right or wrong when the season starts, that is the real proof in the pudding.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I like the description that this line gives any moderate running back, the first 1,000 yards. Above that, it's upon the runner to earn yardage.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
If we would've got Peterson the season would be over for the rest of the league.

We goofed that up.

He's the only player in the NFL I can say that about.

I dont understand that

how can we goof up not getting a player that wasn't availble? It was pretty clear from the jump that no matter what Peterson wanted, the Vikings had no desire to trade him, let alone to an NFC contender who was a few plays away from competing for a superbowl.