Its quite clear the Cowboys dont see running the ball

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Funny how we fans see something totally different than what the coaches see. Will we run the ball? Absolutely. Sure Murray was great LAST YEAR but he was often injured in previous years. There is nothing to believe he would have been just as good this year. How well will we run the ball this year? Great question and frankly none of us have a clue, guess yes, clue no. What will McFadden or Randle look like in a full game remains to be seen in two weeks. The O line is better this year than last and that is a good thing. Also the O line is a better than last year I believe especially from a backup status. It comes down to see who is right or wrong when the season starts, that is the real proof in the pudding.

I think it also depends on how opposing teams choose to try and play us. I think we have every intention of running the ball and we will. But when we come out in the 3WR set, if they match and put in the nickel, we have the advantage to run the ball. If they stay in the base D, we have the advantage by passing the ball. I think we will see us take advantage of mismatches more this year instead of just running it against 8 man fronts because we can and we have a back chasing a record.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You guys didnt want to trade for a 30 year old Adrian Peterson and are now ruing on passing up the 34 year old "gift" of Fred Jackson lol.

How old was Ottis Anderson when he won the SB MVP in a ball control offense? I would like to look at Fred Jackson in week 2 so we don't guarantee his contract.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
My problem with our set of backs is that we may get too fancy and cute with the rotations and in turn lose momentum. Especially when we need to play smash mouth get those few inches or that extra push to get in to the end zone. We don't have a true power back. I understand we have a great line but who will be the back that needs to take on a tackle from a LB like Kuechly and Bowman if they needed to? That facet of our game may not be the same this year.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
How old was Ottis Anderson when he won the SB MVP in a ball control offense? I would like to look at Fred Jackson in week 2 so we don't guarantee his contract.

except he's going to play in seattle

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
If we would've got Peterson the season would be over for the rest of the league.

We goofed that up.

He's the only player in the NFL I can say that about.

Just wondering how We goofed that up? Thought he s stuck in a contact Vikings wouldn't let him out of.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
My problem with our set of backs is that we may get too fancy and cute with the rotations and in turn lose momentum. Especially when we need to play smash mouth get those few inches or that extra push to get in to the end zone. We don't have a true power back. I understand we have a great line but who will be the back that needs to take on a tackle from a LB like Kuechly and Bowman if they needed to? That facet of our game may not be the same this year.

Sure McFadden can get the tough yards. He's 220 lbs (espn). He'll have the OL and the fb blocking for him.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

This is one of the best reaction pictures of all time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I dont understand that

how can we goof up not getting a player that wasn't availble? It was pretty clear from the jump that no matter what Peterson wanted, the Vikings had no desire to trade him, let alone to an NFC contender who was a few plays away from competing for a superbowl.

I think they would've gave him up for a premium pick.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would bet that Collins will be brought in as an extra blocker in those situations. Line him up next to Smith on the left side and you have a lot of power sitting there for a back to run behind.

Craig

Yeah but sometimes the space is so confined that it kinda negates how good your OL is.

It's not hard for the defense to cause a massive pile on those plays.

It's basically just a scrum.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Sure McFadden can get the tough yards. He's 220 lbs (espn). He'll have the OL and the fb blocking for him.

Power backs don't get tripped up from shoelace tackles. Lol. If your statement is serious (I haven'read your thoughts on this), just because he plays at 220lbs does not mean he can grind for yardage like Demarco Murray.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't believe we're done with training camp and it's still just dawning on some that we really do like the RBs we have on the roster. Now, I'm not sure how or why passing on a 34 year old backup from Buffalo is the catalyst for this realization, but I'm glad to see it is.

The sooner we all accept the idea, the quicker we can start fixating on the special teams catastrophe. That's a topic that's seriously under-panicked right now as far as I can tell.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Power backs don't get tripped up from shoelace tackles. Lol. If your statement is serious (I haven'read your thoughts on this), just because he plays at 220lbs does not mean he can grind for yardage like Demarco Murray.

Oh no. McFadden can't get the tough 1 or 2 yards when needed because he's so fragile. Forget our OL or the fb he has to open holes for him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can't believe we're done with training camp and it's still just dawning on some that we really do like the RBs we have on the roster. Now, I'm not sure how or why passing on a 34 year old backup from Buffalo is the catalyst for this realization, but I'm glad to see it is.

The sooner we all accept the idea, the quicker we can start fixating on the special teams catastrophe. That's a topic that's seriously under-panicked right now as far as I can tell.

I think special teams will be fine, right now guys who are just trying to make the team are getting opportunities on special teams. As the final roster is set I think we will start seeing better play from the unit.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thanks for introducing some sanity. Bisaccia has his work cut out for him. In less than two weeks, he must cobble together return units with competent gunners, blockers and (hopefully) returners that can get the job done without overly depending on offensive starters.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as important as they did last year. Last year they were clearly a team that ran the ball and made a point of doing it. All I can muster from the way they have acted this off season is that they are going back to a premium on the passing game. If you truly want to be a running football team, then you load up on backs and make sure you have all the horses you need to pound the football. I'm just not seeing that. And you certainly dont pass up on a gift like Fred Jackson falling into your lap when your backs are Dunbar, Mcchicken, and Randle.

Unless they REALLY think these backs can be a dominant committee. Which I see as foolish. No way they can know that based on the history of these backs. And of course a team like the Seahawks, that understands pounding the football is salivating at the opportunity to add the talented Jackson to their stable of backs.

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Useemsad_zpswc2ncnpp.gif

From your hit and run style I see you are trolling again.

Off to the rant zone with this thread and I suggest you stop trolling this site.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think special teams will be fine, right now guys who are just trying to make the team are getting opportunities on special teams. As the final roster is set I think we will start seeing better play from the unit.

I do, too. It just seems like the next most likely topic to beat to death once we've jellied the horse-corpse of this running back debate.