It's Time for Cowboys Fans to Step Up and Show Some Pride

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What is your motivates you to stay a fan? Why not just move on? Just trying to understand the thinking. Will complaining and disparaging the team ultimately make them better in your eyes? Help me get it
I don't know, I guess I'm just stubborn. LOL

I do concede your point that complaining or noting the negative aspects of the team is not going to force them to improve. However the counter argument that I would offer to that is, keeping your head firmly rooted in the sand and always finding a positive spin on everything isn't going to motivate them to hit the ultimate goal either

I mean, go back to that Green Bay game. Honest question, was there anything at all positive about that game as a takeaway for the Cowboys? If there was I certainly wasn't seeing it. That was a straight up butt kicking in every phase of the game from start to finish. Frankly in my opinion it was one of the most embarrassing losses in franchise history

I would expect the supposed leader of our team to come out and borderline apologize to the fans for that display. And instead his message is "get over it or move on". I have to be honest with you, that attitude straight up pisses me off. There was a time when in my opinion the Cowboys franchise had a burning desire to be the best. It seems to me and many others that such a desire has now taken a second seat to relevance and the show business aspect of professional football

You asked me why do I stay a fan, the answer is because I have been a fan since I was a little boy and I'm too stubborn to change. But I'll also tell you honestly when I see our management and key players carrying themselves in this fashion, it's hard to get invested like I used to be. They basically have taken an attitude like they don't give a freaking crap anymore, and so it is only natural that many of the fans are going to follow suit

In a roundabout way, you and I have arrived at the same point, which is, why bother? I still watch and pay attention to some extent but it's not nearly the same and it probably never will be again. It's frustrating but it is what it is

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Fellow Cowboys fans, I’ve got to get something off my chest. I've been a die-hard supporter of this team through thick and thin, but I’m seriously frustrated with the current state of our fan base. What happened to the passion, the loyalty, and the pride that used to define us? It seems like too many of us have forgotten what it means to be a Cowboys fan.

Instead of rallying behind our team, I’m seeing a lot of negativity, complaining, and finger-pointing. It’s like some of us are just waiting for things to go wrong so we can say, “I told you so.” Where’s the support? Where’s the unwavering belief that we’re supposed to have, no matter what?

I ask you, why?

We should be ashamed of ourselves. We used to be known as the best fans in the NFL, but now it feels like some of us are just fair-weather fans, jumping ship the moment things get tough. That’s not what it means to be a Cowboys fan. We stand by our team through the ups and downs, the wins and losses.

We’ve been through rough seasons before, and we’ve always come back stronger. But that only happens if we, as fans, do our part. We need to get back to showing our team the love and support they deserve. Let’s stop the bickering and negativity and start being the proud, passionate fans that America’s Team deserves.

So, to all of you who are quick to criticize or lose faith, I say this: Step up. Remember why you became a Cowboys fan in the first place. Let’s bring back the pride and the spirit that made us the greatest fan base in the NFL. Our team needs us, and it’s time we show up.
Yes, I have forgotten how to be a Cowboy's fan because this Franchise has lost it's way.
We have no swagger or heart.
We get punched in the mouth in the playoffs and go into the fetal position.
But hey, we are worth 10B dollars.
Our priorities are askew.
Until we change things back to how they used to be , it will be more of the same.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would be more correct stating you call any given member hater over and over again.

Question: If a fellow member has 'proven' they are a hater and you told them (let's say) FIVE times they are a hater, do you think they already know what you think of them?
I’m not going down whatever worm hole you are.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
They call me a lackey or a blind homer, when I’m just going about my life (worrying about actual important things) and tuning in on Sundays hoping they win.

I can’t understand the constant pit of negativity these posters put out on this forum? Do they have nothing else?
They are determined to bring others down to their level. Accomplishing that seems oddly important to them.

“you’re a lackey football fan” —what in the hell does that even mean?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
They are determined to bring others down to their level. Accomplishing that seems oddly important to them.

“you’re a lackey football fan” —what in the hell does that even mean?
It’s word salad and a fairly basic one at that, lacking in originality or vibrancy of any sort.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I don't know, I guess I'm just stubborn. LOL

I do concede your point that complaining or noting the negative aspects of the team is not going to force them to improve. However the counter argument that I would offer to that is, keeping your head firmly rooted in the sand and always finding a positive spin on everything isn't going to motivate them to hit the ultimate goal either

I mean, go back to that Green Bay game. Honest question, was there anything at all positive about that game as a takeaway for the Cowboys? If there was I certainly wasn't seeing it. That was a straight up butt kicking in every phase of the game from start to finish. Frankly in my opinion it was one of the most embarrassing losses in franchise history

I would expect the supposed leader of our team to come out and borderline apologize to the fans for that display. And instead his message is "get over it or move on". I have to be honest with you, that attitude straight up pisses me off. There was a time when in my opinion the Cowboys franchise had a burning desire to be the best. It seems to me and many others that such a desire has now taken a second seat to relevance and the show business aspect of professional football

You asked me why do I stay a fan, the answer is because I have been a fan since I was a little boy and I'm too stubborn to change. But I'll also tell you honestly when I see our management and key players carrying themselves in this fashion, it's hard to get invested like I used to be. They basically have taken an attitude like they don't give a freaking crap anymore, and so it is only natural that many of the fans are going to follow suit

In a roundabout way, you and I have arrived at the same point, which is, why bother? I still watch and pay attention to some extent but it's not nearly the same and it probably never will be again. It's frustrating but it is what it is
Yea. I don’t try to put a positive spin on all stuff, but maybe I should? There’s only a couple of constantly positive fans on here and I get it. They’re too loyal…but is that really a critique that makes sense? I’m conflicted.

Maybe they are happier fans and that’s actually my goal with my entertainment. Maybe I should lighten up and try to be more positive for my own sake because being negative has zero effect on the team. Only me.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Here's the thing for me. I'm a diehard fan. That said, I sense danger in the air for the Cowboys. My first few seasons as a fan were the 5-11 seasons. I hated those seasons. I dread us going back to them. I remember how painful those years were being a new fan and feeling like we'd never even make the playoffs. Yes, we have a very solid team on paper. However, I just get the sense we are heading down that road again if Jerry's not careful. If CeeDee leaves, I don't want us trying to do another Joey Galloway. I'm nervous, especially with how bad the QBs, on paper, appear to be in the 2025 class. Yet, Jerry seems to be heading towards having to take one. I understand the limitations of Dak. However, I'm nervous because I don't want to go back to 3 years if 5-12 (adjusting for 17 games).

Yet, I see a team that's appearing to be teetering on implosion. I see a fan base (understandably) that is frustrated with the FO. I see an apparent lack of caring at this point from a FO that seems uncaring towards the reason that the fans are frustrated. I see a coach on the last year who, I think is good,.who will probably take the next team further than us. I see him playing us in 2025 with another team and blasting us (I'm going to guess it will be the Jets with Dak). It feels like Jerry has taken what Parcells fixed between 2003-2006, and has broken it to the point where, if he's not careful, it could be WORSE than that point. So, since I see danger here, I can't help but feel concern for the future of the Cowboys. How can I possibly feel excitement for the season when I sense implosion? Why would a free agent even try to sign here when they see what's going on? I think this is a critical season for the future of the Cowboys. At least for the next 3-5 years. And it's a question of how relevant this team will be depending on how the Joneses play this season.
I feel awful for you that you don’t even have the past to look back on.

You’re another hostage of Jerry Jones’ ego and it’ll have to be waited out.

The first order of business isn’t about Prescott being retained or not, it’s about the number one criteria of the qualifier to be the head coach stops being about making Jerry “comfortable.”

Until he has to give up the spotlight for one reason or another it won’t get better. The best shots they’ve had in a while have been the last few years and they couldn’t recognize that they were within a window…..it was all about the cap, and who would need to be paid years down the road.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So posting a positive thread is trolling? You guys are ridiculously funny.
Bro, you did it just a few days ago with your "Dak was one of the main stars of training camp" or something thread you started. You did that solely to bait people and then tried to bait me when I told another poster not to take your bait. Saw you coming a mile away though. You clearly just wanted to argue with someone which is why I asked if you had a bad day because displacement is common to those affected by something.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Fellow Cowboys fans, I’ve got to get something off my chest. I've been a die-hard supporter of this team through thick and thin, but I’m seriously frustrated with the current state of our fan base. What happened to the passion, the loyalty, and the pride that used to define us? It seems like too many of us have forgotten what it means to be a Cowboys fan.

Instead of rallying behind our team, I’m seeing a lot of negativity, complaining, and finger-pointing. It’s like some of us are just waiting for things to go wrong so we can say, “I told you so.” Where’s the support? Where’s the unwavering belief that we’re supposed to have, no matter what?

I ask you, why?

We should be ashamed of ourselves. We used to be known as the best fans in the NFL, but now it feels like some of us are just fair-weather fans, jumping ship the moment things get tough. That’s not what it means to be a Cowboys fan. We stand by our team through the ups and downs, the wins and losses.

We’ve been through rough seasons before, and we’ve always come back stronger. But that only happens if we, as fans, do our part. We need to get back to showing our team the love and support they deserve. Let’s stop the bickering and negativity and start being the proud, passionate fans that America’s Team deserves.

So, to all of you who are quick to criticize or lose faith, I say this: Step up. Remember why you became a Cowboys fan in the first place. Let’s bring back the pride and the spirit that made us the greatest fan base in the NFL. Our team needs us, and it’s time we show up.
Why don't you tell the owner to step up? It's been almost 3 decades. Why would we blindly have faith when we have seen this owner bumble things for almost 30 years?!!?!?! I was a Cowboys fan before Jerry and will be one after him regardless but to have faith as long as this guy is running the show? No thanks, I know what the outcome will be, I'm just rooting for a miracle.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bro, you did it just a few days ago with your "Dak was one of the main stars of training camp" or something thread you started. You did that solely to bait people and then tried to bait me when I told another poster not to take your bait. Saw you coming a mile away though. You clearly just wanted to argue with someone which is why I asked if you had a bad day because displacement is common to those affected by something.
Just for your information, the mods changed the title. I just posted some tidbits from those at training camp says Dak’s having a good camp. I’m not even sure I made a post about Dak in the OP. Regardless, if that’s trolling to you then you’ve got issues.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
:hammer:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Just for your information, the mods changed the title. I just posted some tidbits from those at training camp says Dak’s having a good camp. I’m not even sure I made a post about Dak in the OP. Regardless, if that’s trolling to you then you’ve got issues.
Of course they changed the title because they probably saw what I saw ...... bait. You didn't have to say anything about Dak in the OP, you only wanted your targets to see his name in the thread title and enter foaming at the mouth so you could have a go at them. Hey, do what you want but if you're going to be as transparent as you were that day I have to point it out. Lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course they changed the title because they probably saw what I saw ...... bait. You didn't have to say anything about Dak in the OP, you only wanted your targets to see his name in the thread title and enter foaming at the mouth so you could have a go at them. Hey, do what you want but if you're going to be as transparent as you were that day I have to point it out. Lol.
This guy thinks posting a positive post is trolling. Fortunately, those who matter don’t feel that way. So go cry to one of the other haters.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not going down whatever worm hole you are.
That is ironic since that particular metaphor is what you had already excavated years ago. I am simply attempting to re-fill the dirt left outside it. Metaphorically speaking, of course.