It's Time for Cowboys Fans to Step Up and Show Some Pride

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was born in 86. I was 9 the last time Dallas won a Championship. The Cowboys have been a joke all of my teenage and adult years, but I've held strong, remained optimistic, watched the games, and defended my Cowboys tooth and nail against anyone and everyone.. Pardon me if my faith has wavered and I've lost the fire to continue investing my emotions into this unaccomplished group of money hungry primadonnas.

I've lost faith in the direction on this team. The stars, leaders of this team have already made their motivations clear. Ownerships and management did the same by remaining complacent the last few offseasons, knowing there was a small window of opportunity to make something special happen. The QB blew it in the playoffs again, and tells us to get over it? WR1 isn't on the field right now, knowing what's at stake regarding the future of the team? And manages to have a viral spat with the owner/GM?

I don't know, man. You tell me why people are jumping ship. You're welcome to continue your support. They still have mine, but it's hanging on by a thread. You shouldn't judge or shame anyone for not sharing that sentiment. How long does one continue to defend the indefensible? Support a subpar product? Blind faith is what has allowed the charade otherwise known as Cowboys management to persist, despite a long and consistent history of unacceptable performance. Management needs to feel our anger and dissatisfaction. Otherwise nothing will change...

I was born in 92. I am entering my 25th season as a fan. That's all that needs to be said :(

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We have signs all around us that times are not normal. Those who are observers and take notes over long periods can see that all is not well with Cowboy Nation. Jerry is preaching ambiguity but being anything but. The prospect of resigning Dak has become "Mission Impossible". All these one-year deals with the players and coaching staff are dead giveaways of the FO operating with caution. All is not well, fellas. Our beloved Cowboys have been treading on the edge of being special for at least three years without seeing real results. That can't be sustained indefinitely. Something has to give. The "Cycle of Life" will not be denied. Don't let Jerry BS you about that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is where Gary Coleman would normally say, "What you talking about, Willis?" That is if Coleman had read the above. And was still alive to have read it.
No that would be you you're just creating drama for no reason,

you want to try to bring up grammar and sentence structure and nonsense like spelling, when I use talk to text , that's exactly how it comes out when I say( ETC, ETC) etcetera etcetera.. It's not my fault that talk to text phonetically that's how it pops up on the screen and I'm not fixing it..

again, you want to fix all the ads that pop up on my screen and the timeout editing features so I can go back and fix this later???? thiught so

that's my point, there is no what you talking about Willis, it's pretty straightforward you're just trying to create drama where its not needed..

bait NOT TAKEN! NEXT

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here's the thing for me. I'm a diehard fan. That said, I sense danger in the air for the Cowboys. My first few seasons as a fan were the 5-11 seasons. I hated those seasons. I dread us going back to them. I remember how painful those years were being a new fan and feeling like we'd never even make the playoffs. Yes, we have a very solid team on paper. However, I just get the sense we are heading down that road again if Jerry's not careful. If CeeDee leaves, I don't want us trying to do another Joey Galloway. I'm nervous, especially with how bad the QBs, on paper, appear to be in the 2025 class. Yet, Jerry seems to be heading towards having to take one. I understand the limitations of Dak. However, I'm nervous because I don't want to go back to 3 years if 5-12 (adjusting for 17 games).

Yet, I see a team that's appearing to be teetering on implosion. I see a fan base (understandably) that is frustrated with the FO. I see an apparent lack of caring at this point from a FO that seems uncaring towards the reason that the fans are frustrated. I see a coach on the last year who, I think is good,.who will probably take the next team further than us. I see him playing us in 2025 with another team and blasting us (I'm going to guess it will be the Jets with Dak). It feels like Jerry has taken what Parcells fixed between 2003-2006, and has broken it to the point where, if he's not careful, it could be WORSE than that point. So, since I see danger here, I can't help but feel concern for the future of the Cowboys. How can I possibly feel excitement for the season when I sense implosion? Why would a free agent even try to sign here when they see what's going on? I think this is a critical season for the future of the Cowboys. At least for the next 3-5 years. And it's a question of how relevant this team will be depending on how the Joneses play this season.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
One doesn’t have to be a lackey to be a fan. Real fans are the first to disparage their favorite team and don’t stop until the team’s fortunes change.
You sound defensive too. I didn’t mean it to be offensive. I’m trying to understand points of view like yours. That’s it.

After we lost I disparaged. Then I moved on. This near constant critical behavior even after two decent seasons is odd. And the woe is me, my team won’t win it all, it hurts my feelings, and I plan a tantrum is also odd.

How does one be a lackey as a fan? That level of reasoning seems idiotic. It goes along with the professional victim mentality we all so much these days and a main trait of that is near constant negativity and self sorrow.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Here's the thing for me. I'm a diehard fan. That said, I sense danger in the air for the Cowboys. My first few seasons as a fan were the 5-11 seasons. I hated those seasons. I dread us going back to them. I remember how painful those years were being a new fan and feeling like we'd never even make the playoffs. Yes, we have a very solid team on paper. However, I just get the sense we are heading down that road again if Jerry's not careful. If CeeDee leaves, I don't want us trying to do another Joey Galloway. I'm nervous, especially with how bad the QBs, on paper, appear to be in the 2025 class. Yet, Jerry seems to be heading towards having to take one. I understand the limitations of Dak. However, I'm nervous because I don't want to go back to 3 years if 5-12 (adjusting for 17 games).

Yet, I see a team that's appearing to be teetering on implosion. I see a fan base (understandably) that is frustrated with the FO. I see an apparent lack of caring at this point from a FO that seems uncaring towards the reason that the fans are frustrated. I see a coach on the last year who, I think is good,.who will probably take the next team further than us. I see him playing us in 2025 with another team and blasting us (I'm going to guess it will be the Jets with Dak). It feels like Jerry has taken what Parcells fixed between 2003-2006, and has broken it to the point where, if he's not careful, it could be WORSE than that point. So, since I see danger here, I can't help but feel concern for the future of the Cowboys. How can I possibly feel excitement for the season when I sense implosion? Why would a free agent even try to sign here when they see what's going on? I think this is a critical season for the future of the Cowboys. At least for the next 3-5 years. And it's a question of how relevant this team will be depending on how the Joneses play this season.
Preach my brother, Amen! :hammer:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could care less if people call me a homer. That’s what I am. I own it.
Continually omitting 'not' from the phrase does never changes what you actually mean to say.

Most of the haters don’t own being a hater. Why’s that?
It is their opinion that they are not haters. That is the answer to your question. However, this is not the most important thing to consider. Let's use an example of what you are conveying to others:

Member: "Dak sucks!"
You: "You are a hater."

~It has been established you wanted your fellow member to know that you think they are a hater. Let's move on to another future post you read of the same member.~

Member: "The team should tank!"

~Your fellow member already knows you think they are a hater. Now, they know you do not think they understood you the first time. Moving on. Same member. Another future post.~

Member: "Dallas will never win another Super Bowl!"

~Your fellow member understands now you know he knows you think of him as a hater about anything you disagree with. Moving on. Same member. Every future post for the next month.

Member: "Blah blah BLAH blah!"

~Your fellow member has long since come to the conclusion that it is not about simply labeling them but to purposefully cause them repeated irritation.~

This same intentional interaction is equally unappreciated no matter what type of labeling is being applied. Hater. Homer. Pollyanna. Etc. However, irritation is more prevalent when the labeling is nonstop. Fellow members understand the offending member means more than simply calling them by a name they disagree with if the practice is constant for weeks, months, or years. The practice has developed into a routine ritual for the member doing the labeling.

What is your opinion for when a fellow member determines constant labeling is consciously done by the member doing the labeling?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Continually omitting 'not' from the phrase does never changes what you actually mean to say.

It is their opinion that they are not haters. That is the answer to your question. However, this is not the most important thing to consider. Let's use an example of what you are conveying to others:

Member: "Dak sucks!"

~It has been established you wanted your fellow member to know that you think they are a hater. Let's move on to another future post you read of the same member.~

Member: "The team should tank!"

~Your fellow member already knows you think they are a hater. Now, they know you do not think they understood you the first time. Moving on. Same member. Another future post.~

Member: "Dallas will never win another Super Bowl!"

~Your fellow member understands now you know he knows you think of him as a hater about anything you disagree with. Moving on. Same member. Every future post for the next month.

Member: "Blah blah BLAH blah!"

~Your fellow member has long since come to the conclusion that it is not about simply labeling them but to purposefully cause them repeated irritation.~

This same intentional interaction is equally unappreciated no matter what type of labeling is being applied. Hater. Homer. Pollyanna. Etc. However, irritation is more prevalent when the labeling is nonstop. Fellow members understand the offending member means more than simply calling them by a name they disagree with if the practice is constant for weeks, months, or years. The practice has developed into a routine ritual for the member doing the labeling.

What is your opinion for when a fellow member determines constant labeling is consciously done by the member doing the labeling?
I don’t call someone a hater unless they’ve previously proven it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No that would be you you're just creating drama for no reason,

you want to try to bring up grammar and sentence structure and nonsense like spelling, when I use talk to text , that's exactly how it comes out when I say( ETC, ETC) etcetera etcetera.. It's not my fault that talk to text phonetically that's how it pops up on the screen and I'm not fixing it.
You are incorrect. I will assist you. This is how you came to your conclusion-

I said: "What is your stance on any members, calling their fellow members, hater, homer, etc., every day?" Either you did not read or dismissed my use of the term 'etc.'

You replied, my eyes glossed over but I made out the following in the first line of your comment: "I mean you forgot the word troll..." I did not forget. My intention was never typing every single phrase, which is why I typed 'etc.' That is why I posted the definition of etc.

I doubt your talk-to-text program misinterpreted you saying 'I mean you forgot the word troll' and substituted 'troll' instead. Your reply is drama. Not mine.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Go Cowboys!!!

Groundhog Day: Cowboys keep waking to an 'extraordinarily' disappointing  reality | Dallas Cowboys | dentonrc.com

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t call someone a hater unless they’ve previously proven it.
It would be more correct stating you call any given member hater over and over again.

Question: If a fellow member has 'proven' they are a hater and you told them (let's say) FIVE times they are a hater, do you think they already know what you think of them?

shabazz

Reaction score
So posting a positive thread is trolling? You guys are ridiculously funny.
In your case.....absolutely YES. You do is specifically to get a negative reaction that you can jump on.

If you were really just trying to "share positive information" for people to digest, you wouldn't immediately jump on them for pointing out an opposing viewpoint.

Comes off as super disingenuous

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
You sound defensive too. I didn’t mean it to be offensive. I’m trying to understand points of view like yours. That’s it.

After we lost I disparaged. Then I moved on. This near constant critical behavior even after two decent seasons is odd. And the woe is me, my team won’t win it all, it hurts my feelings, and I plan a tantrum is also odd.

How does one be a lackey as a fan? That level of reasoning seems idiotic. It goes along with the professional victim mentality we all so much these days and a main trait of that is near constant negativity and self sorrow.
They call me a lackey or a blind homer, when I’m just going about my life (worrying about actual important things) and tuning in on Sundays hoping they win.

I can’t understand the constant pit of negativity these posters put out on this forum? Do they have nothing else?

shabazz

Reaction score
I don’t do it in virtually every post and I have no problem being called a homer. Better a homer than a hater.
Your last sentence speaks volumes about your entire world view.

It's either love or hate without any middle ground......life and sports are full of gray atrea and nuance . Somethings are great, some are lousy but most of it is right in the middle.

"Love or hate" and "Great or Awful" and Homer or Troll" are very narrow views.

Cmon man......