It's Time for Cowboys Fans to Step Up and Show Some Pride

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Fellow Cowboys fans, I’ve got to get something off my chest. I've been a die-hard supporter of this team through thick and thin, but I’m seriously frustrated with the current state of our fan base. What happened to the passion, the loyalty, and the pride that used to define us? It seems like too many of us have forgotten what it means to be a Cowboys fan.

Instead of rallying behind our team, I’m seeing a lot of negativity, complaining, and finger-pointing. It’s like some of us are just waiting for things to go wrong so we can say, “I told you so.” Where’s the support? Where’s the unwavering belief that we’re supposed to have, no matter what?

I ask you, why?

We should be ashamed of ourselves. We used to be known as the best fans in the NFL, but now it feels like some of us are just fair-weather fans, jumping ship the moment things get tough. That’s not what it means to be a Cowboys fan. We stand by our team through the ups and downs, the wins and losses.

We’ve been through rough seasons before, and we’ve always come back stronger. But that only happens if we, as fans, do our part. We need to get back to showing our team the love and support they deserve. Let’s stop the bickering and negativity and start being the proud, passionate fans that America’s Team deserves.

So, to all of you who are quick to criticize or lose faith, I say this: Step up. Remember why you became a Cowboys fan in the first place. Let’s bring back the pride and the spirit that made us the greatest fan base in the NFL. Our team needs us, and it’s time we show up.
I think we got the massage from Dak when he told everyone we should move on.

Now, to get something off my chest, the franchise has sucked butt for almost 30 years and has an owner who has no interest in improving the team or competing for championships.

And you are ragging on the fans?

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score
Fellow Cowboys fans, I’ve got to get something off my chest. I've been a die-hard supporter of this team through thick and thin, but I’m seriously frustrated with the current state of our fan base. What happened to the passion, the loyalty, and the pride that used to define us? It seems like too many of us have forgotten what it means to be a Cowboys fan.

Instead of rallying behind our team, I’m seeing a lot of negativity, complaining, and finger-pointing. It’s like some of us are just waiting for things to go wrong so we can say, “I told you so.” Where’s the support? Where’s the unwavering belief that we’re supposed to have, no matter what?

I ask you, why?

We should be ashamed of ourselves. We used to be known as the best fans in the NFL, but now it feels like some of us are just fair-weather fans, jumping ship the moment things get tough. That’s not what it means to be a Cowboys fan. We stand by our team through the ups and downs, the wins and losses.

We’ve been through rough seasons before, and we’ve always come back stronger. But that only happens if we, as fans, do our part. We need to get back to showing our team the love and support they deserve. Let’s stop the bickering and negativity and start being the proud, passionate fans that America’s Team deserves.

So, to all of you who are quick to criticize or lose faith, I say this: Step up. Remember why you became a Cowboys fan in the first place. Let’s bring back the pride and the spirit that made us the greatest fan base in the NFL. Our team needs us, and it’s time we show up.
I think the one that has to STEP UP or STEP OUT is Jerry Jones. He is solely responsible for us having pie on our faces year after year after year. He cares about team valuation more than winning Super Bowls. I ain’t going anywhere, but I definitely ain’t McLovin’ Jerry…

DenCWBY

Reaction score
It seems as though the Cowboys franchise ownership has forgotten why the Cowboys have such a large fan base.

Loyalty begets loyalty and this franchise's owner can express their loyalty to the fans by appointing management with the singular and uncompromising focus on winning championships.

When the 82 year old owner of the team treats the position of GM as though it is a part time job, he is disrespecting both the fans and the team's rich history.

Winning isn't even secondary to Jerry Jones. Both profit and public credit as a football expert are prioritized over winning.

After almost three decades of irrelevance, I find myself less disappointed each season when the Cowboys are eliminated. It used to haunt me right up until the first preseason game the following year and beyond.

It saddens me that I have become acclimated to the team's mediocrity.
Very well said!! :hammer:

cald0d30s0

Reaction score

I ask you, why?

——

——

Ok OP….

Blitzen

Reaction score
Continually omitting 'not' from the phrase does never changes what you actually mean to say.

It is their opinion that they are not haters. That is the answer to your question. However, this is not the most important thing to consider. Let's use an example of what you are conveying to others:

Member: "Dak sucks!"
You: "You are a hater."

~It has been established you wanted your fellow member to know that you think they are a hater. Let's move on to another future post you read of the same member.~

Member: "The team should tank!"

~Your fellow member already knows you think they are a hater. Now, they know you do not think they understood you the first time. Moving on. Same member. Another future post.~

Member: "Dallas will never win another Super Bowl!"

~Your fellow member understands now you know he knows you think of him as a hater about anything you disagree with. Moving on. Same member. Every future post for the next month.

Member: "Blah blah BLAH blah!"

~Your fellow member has long since come to the conclusion that it is not about simply labeling them but to purposefully cause them repeated irritation.~

This same intentional interaction is equally unappreciated no matter what type of labeling is being applied. Hater. Homer. Pollyanna. Etc. However, irritation is more prevalent when the labeling is nonstop. Fellow members understand the offending member means more than simply calling them by a name they disagree with if the practice is constant for weeks, months, or years. The practice has developed into a routine ritual for the member doing the labeling.

What is your opinion for when a fellow member determines constant labeling is consciously done by the member doing the labeling?

In my opinion, the constant labeling folk need the interaction/confrontation. They are likely bored/unfulfilled in some way, and seek out the back/forth repetitive exchanges.

Fixation/obsession with your own perspective while actively avoiding self reflection is the hallmark of religious zealots and jingoistic soldiers. I’m right because I’m right. You’re wrong because you’re wrong. Good luck getting him to ever look into (let alone passing through) the “magic mirror gate.”

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The minute we let one of us define what it means to be “a good Cowboys fan” is when we lose the value of this forum. This forum exists to allow Cowboys fans to express their opinions about anything related to the team.

Should we declare that being a Cowboys fan means you must love every player, every coach and every member of the Jones family, including spending our hard earned dollars on game tickets and merchandise? Does a “great Cowboys fan” never say anything about how we could be better or what we should expect? “Never is heard a discouraging word”?

IMO, we should let Cowboys fans be a fan the way they choose to be.
Exactly Bob, great post !!!

Yeah, these "purity test threads" are just stupid.

The dude that waves the pom poms and loves everything about this organization is no "better of a fan" than the dude that hates the Jones's, hates the front office, thinks the players are overrated, and thinks the coaching staff is inept.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
They are determined to bring others down to their level. Accomplishing that seems oddly important to them.

“you’re a lackey football fan” —what in the hell does that even mean?
You are in competition to be an even bigger hypocrite than Rocky, I see.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
1*lfAEwv5lBxIUxTlddmjPEA.png

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Continually omitting 'not' from the phrase does never changes what you actually mean to say.

It is their opinion that they are not haters. That is the answer to your question. However, this is not the most important thing to consider. Let's use an example of what you are conveying to others:

Member: "Dak sucks!"

~It has been established you wanted your fellow member to know that you think they are a hater. Let's move on to another future post you read of the same member.~

Member: "The team should tank!"

~Your fellow member already knows you think they are a hater. Now, they know you do not think they understood you the first time. Moving on. Same member. Another future post.~

Member: "Dallas will never win another Super Bowl!"

~Your fellow member understands now you know he knows you think of him as a hater about anything you disagree with. Moving on. Same member. Every future post for the next month.

Member: "Blah blah BLAH blah!"

~Your fellow member has long since come to the conclusion that it is not about simply labeling them but to purposefully cause them repeated irritation.~

This same intentional interaction is equally unappreciated no matter what type of labeling is being applied. Hater. Homer. Pollyanna. Etc. However, irritation is more prevalent when the labeling is nonstop. Fellow members understand the offending member means more than simply calling them by a name they disagree with if the practice is constant for weeks, months, or years. The practice has developed into a routine ritual for the member doing the labeling.

What is your opinion for when a fellow member determines constant labeling is consciously done by the member doing the labeling?
Dang DE. Magnificent.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to think this thread will cause some people to do some soul searching. I know I have....and have taken steps to address it.

Alas...some people are stubborn and narcissistic....not interested in such endeavor. It can be difficult to access yourself as harshly as you do others.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You are in competition to be an even bigger hypocrite than Rocky, I see.
How was I a hypocrite?

And explain what a football lackey is

I’ll expect no answer again like the lackey thing before. You’re oddly defensive. I’m trying to understand your position that negative is good.

And it may be. I’d like to understand. Is that threatening in any way?

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'd like to think this thread will cause some people to do some soul searching. I know I have....and have taken steps to address it.

Alas...some people are stubborn and narcissistic....not interested in such endeavor. It can be difficult to access yourself as harshly as you do others.
Are you accusing the “too positive” fans of trying to bring others up to a more positive approach?

Maybe that’s not bad?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All right baby let's keep that Cowboy pride going and ra ra ra ra....................

Give them massive contracts and extensions and let's keep cheering them beat up on dog teams and get embarrassed again and again when they face playoff-caliber teams.

RA RA RA RA While they make MILLIONS and MILLIONS we end up in sorrow lane year after year.

Man, they haven't earned the right to be supported to the tilt and they either start winning the big games or go to their bankers to cheer them on!