It's time for Jerry's son to open up the books and spend money in fa!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg
Nice.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I know a lot of you were going to post this picture in regards to Fredo errrrr I mean Stephen, but don't. It's not nice

MV5BNzBhMWRlZjAtNjMwMi00MmI5LTlmMTYtY2Q4NTBkNmFlMDY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgyODE4NTE@._V1_.jpg

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Stephen doesn't know how to negotiate. It's not that he won't. It's that he can't.

He either:

1. Gets fleeced by players he drafts/extends.

2. Approaches agents with an "honest offer" and they laugh in his face.

Stephen is a big fan of young draft picks and the franchise tag. Why? Because it involves zero creative thinking, since the league dictates the terms of the agreement.

CWR

Reaction score
Are you serious???? What money, there is no CAP SPACE for game changing FAs, none, zip, zero! This is the year where the rubber meets the road and it needs to start with Prescot and all the silly talk about an extension. Any talks of extensions need to be tabled forever because Prescot is not going to lead this organization to the promise land, never going to happen. JJ and his idiot sons need to work the phones and find a team that is willing to trade picks that will allow the Cowboys to move up in the draft and take a 1st rd QB who has some serious college big game experience and one who doesn't go MIA when times get tough! Oregon's Bo Nix should be the next Cowboy QB to take this team to a SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They can make space, but they need to get Daks deal done in order to do so. That aside, I have no expectations of an actual "all in" approach.

Jerry isn't letting go of Dak.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Are you serious???? What money, there is no CAP SPACE for game changing FAs, none, zip, zero! This is the year where the rubber meets the road and it needs to start with Prescot and all the silly talk about an extension. Any talks of extensions need to be tabled forever because Prescot is not going to lead this organization to the promise land, never going to happen. JJ and his idiot sons need to work the phones and find a team that is willing to trade picks that will allow the Cowboys to move up in the draft and take a 1st rd QB who has some serious college big game experience and one who doesn't go MIA when times get tough! Oregon's Bo Nix should be the next Cowboy QB to take this team to a SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow Bo Nix. Better than Dak, maybe in 4 or 5 years. Like him or not he is still a top 10 QB and almost the MVP this year. He will get an extension mainly because he deserves it but if you think McCarthy wants to put his career on the line with a rookie QB then you ain't thinking straight.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen reminds me of the guy that never picks up the check. We all know him, it's always someone else who picks up the tab. It will be no different in free agency, other teams will open up their wallets and Stephen will be the guy that says, I'll get the next one. :rolleyes:
Lol...Nice

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"All In" means sacrificing future draft picks for current benefit, and pushing cap spending forward- trading away future cap space for current spending.

By that definition, last season was "All In".

Now the bills come due.
I thought he meant "All In" the hot tub on the yacht during the free agency period.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
They like their guys, ain't gonna happen.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
"All In" means sacrificing future draft picks for current benefit, and pushing cap spending forward- trading away future cap space for current spending.

By that definition, last season was "All In".

Now the bills come due.

Trading 5th round picks for guys that used to be pro bowlers is not all in lol

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Was in Vegas this past weekend for the Super Bowl. Met two guys at the craps table. They were there with Jerry’s attorney. They’re semi connected to the team. Long long story short - they told me Jerry runs the team 1000%. Stephen doesn’t make the cheap decisions around here in FA that many of us believe, myself included. Just saying this bc of the thread title. They both said the team will be in far better hands when Stephen takes over after Jerry passes. Which I argued vehemently against but they were steadfast about it.

I always believe people at the craps table in Vegas

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The amount of money the guy was wagering would probably change your mind

Haha no it wouldn’t. Just because People have money to gamble doesn’t mean they aren’t pulling your chain and the fact you think that tells me everything I need to know.

But yeah the craps tables in Vegas….all stories are true.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Are you serious???? What money, there is no CAP SPACE for game changing FAs, none, zip, zero!
The Cap is a Myth. All the owners have a Platinum American Express card for the Cap. No limit. Haven't you heard?

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jerry claims that the team is "All In" this season, that they will be making moves for the now and less about the future.
People have no patience.

I'd go All In with a team *on the brink*.

We can't even *see* the brink from where we are. Plenty of wins against bad to mediocre teams. Poor record against good teams, *especially* in the playoffs.

A couple of *reasonable* hopes for next year.
1) Diggs comes back to pair with Bland.
2) Oline could take a *big* jump. Draft a C in the 1st round. Martin plays more like Martin. Steele plays like 2 years ago. Tyron about the same. Tyler continues to get better. Could be 5 quality players with 3 competing for All Pro.

But both of those aren't straight line projections, but best case scenarios.

JBS

Reaction score
Haha no it wouldn’t. Just because People have money to gamble doesn’t mean they aren’t pulling your chain and the fact you think that tells me everything I need to know.

But yeah the craps tables in Vegas….all stories are true.
Yeah, craps table in Vegas during Super Bowl weekend isn’t the same as craps table in Vegas when you can afford to play lol

Not to mention, the only thing he said was Jerry runs the show. And you are acting like it’s some crazy story

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. Stephen decides it.

When do we stop with this complete nonsense?