Jalen Ramsey Was Toast Last Night. It’s Crickets. When Diggs Gets Burned It’s Headlines

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Hes been getting burned, people just go with preconceived notions. He hasn't been good for a while.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did you two not watch the 1994 NFC Championship? Aikman and Irvin had their way with him. Off the top of my head, I think the Falcon's game too. I'm too lazy to look but I think Aikman and Irvin ate him up in that game too. Or was it Emmitt? I know Emmitt had that one highlight run.

I'm not trying to stick up for Jaylon either because I'm not a fan of his.
I was under the assumption they meant while he was with Dallas, but I could be mistaken.

JayFord

Reaction score
He plays for Dallas

thats why they also tell you he gave up over 1k in receiving last year.....also which isnt true because if a CB gives up that much alone by himself in one on one coverage then he's gone at seasons end

RonWashington

Reaction score
As I always said, I did not want Dallas to draft Ramsey. If they did not pick Zeke, I preferred they trade down.

Ramsey would not be here if they did draft him. He would have still wanted a trade for bigger money. Or if Jerry caved in, then he would have the contract Zeke has. Then wonder what the opinions would be. :popcorn:

I an thrilled we picked Zeke over a corner . Always have been . Ramsey got picked on in the SB. As if the Bengals going in had it planned .

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
He was up against a real QB ...

In all seriousness, that would seem to be a fair criticism. All we really care about is Diggs doing his job well though. If he gets beat, he needs to work on it.
Ramsey had a bad game yesterday, and Allen certainly didn't shy away from the apparent best corner in the NFL.
JA is next level QB awesomeness. Throws are so money and then he stiff arms a dude off his feet. Lol.

ghst187

Reaction score
Let’s not forget he almost cost them multiple games last year in the playoffs due to getting roasted for TDs late in games…

Reaction score
Josh Allen was trash back then, he has improved quite a bit since! lol.
Josh Allen was never trash

Mitch Trubisky is trash
Cooper Rush is trash
Drew Lock is trash

Josh Allen was never that. He was inaccurate early in his career. But anybody who knows anything about football could see his upside and potential.

I didn't think he would become elite, but I knew he would improve from his rookie season. Because he had all the tools. But he was never trash

31RoyW31

Reaction score
Ramsey was over matched. He is a good corner, but he has been over hyped.

plymkr

Reaction score

Now I remember.. Its cause he’s a Cowboy

Very true. Ramsey was burnt toast last night. If that was Diggs he'd be getting blasted. Diggs got blastedfor tweets about practice and Ramsey gave up a perfect QB rating.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Diggs and Ramsey are about the best that you can expect in this passing era. Sanders played at a time where DBs could be physical with receivers. Considering he already had incredible speed and makeup speed, the fact that he could jostle receivers pretty much up until the ball arrived is what made him a shutdown corner. That kind of corner doesn't exist anymore because of the rules favoring the offense. I don't think even Deion could be a shutdown corner now.
Easy to say, impossible to prove. I think Deion could adapt to the rule changes and still be Prime.

plymkr

Reaction score
This sort of thing did not happen to Deion Sanders. He would make QBs pay that dared throw his way. Diggs still gets burned from time to time so I appreciate what Deion Sanders did for our Cowboys back in the day. Jalen Ramsey showed he is not on the level with Diggs this season.
Agree, all CBs get burned so when it happens to Diggs he gets criticized more than Ramsey. Ramsey is good but also has a reputation of being great. I agree at this point in their careers I'd rather have Diggs than Ramsey.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Did you two not watch the 1994 NFC Championship? Aikman and Irvin had their way with him. Off the top of my head, I think the Falcon's game too. I'm too lazy to look but I think Aikman and Irvin ate him up in that game too. Or was it Emmitt? I know Emmitt had that one highlight run.

I'm not trying to stick up for Jaylon either because I'm not a fan of his.
I'm talking about Deion as a Cowboy, not vs the Cowboys. So you stand corrected.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Those are the only two incidents I can think of as well. He was such a rare talent. We don't have a CB of his caliber in the league today.
not since Jacques Reeves retired, at least

Havic

Reaction score
Josh Allen was never trash

Mitch Trubisky is trash
Cooper Rush is trash
Drew Lock is trash

Josh Allen was never that. He was inaccurate early in his career. But anybody who knows anything about football could see his upside and potential.

I didn't think he would become elite, but I knew he would improve from his rookie season. Because he had all the tools. But he was never trash

Year 1 and Year 2 he was pretty pedestrian but he really turned it around in year 3. At the time Ramsey made the comment it was accurate imo because it was based on how he was currently playing, not what his upside / potential would eventually become.

rags747

Reaction score
Glad we took Zeke over Ramsey. Ramsey has been toast as in Burndt for his last few games. Deion, best corner in my lifetime bar none, possibly best punt returner too!