Jalen Ramsey Was Toast Last Night. It’s Crickets. When Diggs Gets Burned It’s Headlines

aikemirv

Reaction score
Except there really aren't that many double standards here.

What's odd about all of this is that on one hand, Cowboys fans demand that we get respect as one of the premier franchises in the NFL. They want all the perks that come with that - better TV time slots, more publicity, etc.

But with that comes other realizations - your team is going to get scrutinized more, as will the players. You can't demand one thing and then whine about one of the consequences of that. It's weird and not all that unique to what other prime franchises face.
I understand what you are saying but If I ever complain about TV time slots it is because the networks are making poor business decisions. With more fans, TV should cater their schedules to the teams that draw ratings - just good business sense. As far as scrutiny, it comes with the love them or hate them feeling towards the Cowboys. You just have a lot more hate them people in the media or talk shows.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Have you been hearing much about the Alvin Kmara criminal case? No? Neither have I. Zeke was front page news for a month when his little "Boob Gate," case was in the news.

It is just the way it goes and why trying to call another team "America's Team," is an absolute joke.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well you just posted two tweets about it, the following day. Those are some loud crickets, and I'm sure NFLN and everyone else will be talking about it today.
Two tweets isnt exactly a headline story discussed for 20 minutes on First Take.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's tough to play cornerback in the NFL these days. Offense favored rules have made the shut down corner extinct.

Ramsey had a bad game yesterday, and Allen certainly didn't shy away from the apparent best corner in the NFL.

quickccc

Reaction score
One big TD long play vs Bills, it look more like confusion in coverage between the CB (Ramsey) and the safety .. blown coverage .

I think Jalen Ramsey is very good, but i don't consider him a in-his-prime Darrell Revis,.
but it terms of pure man coverage, i still do think he is better than Diggs in that particular area.

However in turn, i don't think Ramsey is the INT ball hawk magnet level Trevon Diggs is,..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This sort of thing did not happen to Deion Sanders. He would make QBs pay that dared throw his way. Diggs still gets burned from time to time so I appreciate what Deion Sanders did for our Cowboys back in the day. Jalen Ramsey showed he is not on the level with Diggs this season.

Diggs and Ramsey are about the best that you can expect in this passing era. Sanders played at a time where DBs could be physical with receivers. Considering he already had incredible speed and makeup speed, the fact that he could jostle receivers pretty much up until the ball arrived is what made him a shutdown corner. That kind of corner doesn't exist anymore because of the rules favoring the offense. I don't think even Deion could be a shutdown corner now.

Proof

Reaction score
As I always said, I did not want Dallas to draft Ramsey. If they did not pick Zeke, I preferred they trade down.

Ramsey would not be here if they did draft him. He would have still wanted a trade for bigger money. Or if Jerry caved in, then he would have the contract Zeke has. Then wonder what the opinions would be. :popcorn:

so we could’ve had him and his all pros for his rookie contract and then traded him for 2 firsts. yikes glad we dodged that bullet. even worse we may have wound up with derek henry too

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I haven't seen First Take this morning. What did they talk about?
lol... I dont think so. My point is they likely didnt discuss Ramsey getting burned, nor Kmara's criminal investigation... but imagine if Kmara was wearing the star. They would be discussing it every day.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Diggs and Ramsey are about the best that you can expect in this passing era. Sanders played at a time where DBs could be physical with receivers. Considering he already had incredible speed and makeup speed, the fact that he could jostle receivers pretty much up until the ball arrived is what made him a shutdown corner. That kind of corner doesn't exist anymore because of the rules favoring the offense. I don't think even Deion could be a shutdown corner now.

Agree. Deion gets crap for not being physcial, but he is a big man and he certainly was physical with receivers. But, as he said, hitting people hard??? nah, that was a business decision...lol

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Ramsey has done it for years, Diggs for 1 year

Ramsey was part of a SB winning team last year, Diggs hasn’t even sniffed a SB

just please stop with this garbage
Ramsey was one of the worst players on the field in the super bowl. Lol yall just be talkin

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so we could’ve had him and his all pros for his rookie contract and then traded him for 2 firsts. yikes glad we dodged that bullet. even worse we may have wound up with derek henry too

Do you think Jerry could have got that trade? Yes we did dodge a bullet.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think the fact that Diggs led the league in picks might bring a little spotlight. Being a Cowboys certainly does not hurt because of the required coverage.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agree. Deion gets crap for not being physcial, but he is a big man and he certainly was physical with receivers. But, as he said, hitting people hard??? nah, that was a business decision...lol

Right. Tackling wasn't the kind of physical Deion was into. He was a strategic tackler, only doing it when absolutely necessary.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
This sort of thing did not happen to Deion Sanders.

Between 94 and 99, I recall Deion getting roasted all of twice—literally two plays. The first was Flipper Anderson of the Rams in 1994. The second was Sean Dawkins in 1996. It happened so rarely.

Did you two not watch the 1994 NFC Championship? Aikman and Irvin had their way with him. Off the top of my head, I think the Falcon's game too. I'm too lazy to look but I think Aikman and Irvin ate him up in that game too. Or was it Emmitt? I know Emmitt had that one highlight run.

I'm not trying to stick up for Jaylon either because I'm not a fan of his.

Proof

Reaction score
Do you think Jerry could have got that trade? Yes we did dodge a bullet.

regardless. if he "forced a trade" the value of having a stud cb on a rookie contract allows for a lot of things. on top of whatever we got in return for him. i'd much rather be in that position than w/ zeke presently. but yes, he got torched last night. it happens