Twitter: Jason Garrett never started 1-3

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I didn't care one way or the other about MM being hired. And I did agree with the decision to let Garrett go when his contract expired. But the thing that has me more concerned then anything else is the lack of effort, especially by the Defense and the lack of focus by the offense. Those two things are a direct reflection on the coaches. While I am not on board to fire MM at the moment, i want to give him some time but I think everyone has to be disappointed in how the team as performed, regardless of the W-L record, this team is not playing hard for a full 60 min.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
fool they have the same freaking issue you claim this team has on defense, it has no talent, learning a new offense, under a new staff with no off-season. Do you think before you post...lol
Youre the Garrett stan, yet im the fool :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Imagine being a JG homer:muttley::muttley:

Asklesko

Reaction score
This 5 minute attention span of today's fans is amusing. Garrett got 13 seasons, including I believe 4-12 in 2015. We're hitting the panic button on McCarthy .25 seasons in? LOL.

On the whole, Garrett's tenure was a failure, yet we knew every year that the team would be competitive. Garrett really knew this team and how to get the most out of it. I am not seeing that with McCrappy.

And when you think about it, to go 8-8 and match Garrett, McCarthy has to go 7-5 the rest of the way. Not gonna happen with this defense. McCarthy's tenure could not be starting worse.

Creeper

Reaction score
Meaningless stat. It is only 4 games. The Cowboys started 3-0 last year then lost the next 3. Does it matter which order the losses come in?

This does not mean McCarthy is better. I am still wondering if McCarthy won because of Aaron Rodgers. Anyone know McCarthy's record without Favre or Rodgers?

I found this article looking for this info. Not the section about how bad the Packers defense was:
https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/20...t-elite-nfl-head-coach-without-aaron-rodgers/

GMO415

Reaction score
Is that right?....
giphy.gif

Dre11

Reaction score
Next year im sure MM will atleast match the cowards best (division round appearance). He'll do it without being a slimy POS atleast though.

if these players continue their lackluster attitudes they wont.. lol

pansophy

Reaction score
No off season program and installing a new defense. I don't think that is hte whole problem on that side of the ball, but it certainly doesn't help.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy off to a great start.....

And no, I'm not saying Jason Garrett shouldn't have been fired.

But McCarthy sucks, I don't care what anyone says.

that is bad , lol, but the key is what he does the next few weeks, will he get nolan to change his defense? or fire nolan his buddy>?
Will he stop kellen and his insane pass 50 offense?
I think he sucks so far, but to be fair I want to see how he reacts to his failure.

What mike better realize is he doesnt have 10 years like clapper, he had 5, but now
more like 1 year lol, he better get active making some changes.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I cannot stress how much I don't miss Jason Garrett. McCarthy might not be the guy. The book is still out on him. But we KNOW Garrett is not the guy.

Some of y'all got selective amnesia.
I definitely don't want Garrett back. I was not in favor of the McCarthy hire either. Tired of retread head coaches.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Well, I'm starting to think Garrett and his staff wasn't that bad............ I think if you are going to fire your head coach you better have a stud waiting in the wings, not a closet full of retread coaches!

:facepalm: Yeah Garrett was that bad. Even if our new HC turns out not to be the right guy, that doesn't make Garrett worth keeping.
McCarthy is an offense oriented guy and with the exception of some unfortunate TO's, the offense has been scoring plenty of points to win if the defense was decent, but it's not. The defense is BAD. Really bad. That's Nolan's department. I don't know which is worse, lack of defensive talent or Nolan.
But Garrett not that bad?? There's NO way to justify 10 years of Garrett.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is a complete and utter embarrassment as a play caller with the Giants. Garrett hasn’t touched the offense since 2014. He’s touching the offense now in NY and they are pretty much dead last in every measure among NFL teams.

Twitter has given people too much play.

The only reason Garrett stayed so long while being effectively neutered by Jerry is because Jerry literally loved this guy, because of Father Garrett and continue to pay him millions. Jerry left the control to the coordinators after 2014, which was hinted many times by him.

Even McCarthry won’t have this long a leash.

firewater

Reaction score
Enough about that ginger goof. Its odvious McCarthy isn't the answer but staying with Red wasn't gonna work after a decade.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This fan base man :facepalm:

The Giants offense is averaging 11 points per game under Garrett

Exactly, 11 ppg under Garrett vs 31.5 ppg average under McCarthy. That's plenty of points to win if we can get a defense.
Defense, as in DC Nolan. Not sure which is worse, lack of defensive player talent or lack of DC talent.

Last edited:

ICP

Reaction score
Who cares, Garrett was a mediocre coach at best. I'd rather Dallas go 1-15 and Maybe can McCarthy in the hopes someone good somehow gets hired than be stuck with more years of that clapping

FVSTONE

Reaction score
:facepalm: Yeah Garrett was that bad. Even if our new HC turns out not to be the right guy, that doesn't make Garrett worth keeping.
McCarthy is an offense oriented guy and with the exception of some unfortunate TO's, the offense has been scoring plenty of points to win if the defense was decent, but it's not. The defense is BAD. Really bad. That's Nolan's department. I don't know which is worse, lack of defensive talent or Nolan.
But Garrett not that bad?? There's NO way to justify 10 years of Garrett.
I think McCarthy has what Garrett had when he was coaching here, it's called BAD ASST COACH SYNDROME. Personally, I don't think JG was a BAD coach, I believe JGs down fall is he's too nice of a guy to be coaching in this league. If he had that riverboat captain mentality then he'd still be here.