Jason Garrett on the open market

bysbox1

Reaction score
He's like his father. He'll stick around the people that put him in these positions either way and when they come calling again, he'll be right there.

Nick Saban likes him. Maybe he will get on the Alabama staff. He needs to learn coaching from a sucessful coach with a sucessful system in place.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Haha yeah, would be doing a lot of stacking and processing there.

I was going to say that he could follow Jerry around & clean his glasses but the son in law has that job.

He could maybe follow Charlotte or Mrs. jones around & get some new art for the palace.

He has the best job in the world right now. Making millions.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Nick Saban likes him. Maybe he will get on the Alabama staff. He needs to learn coaching from a sucessful coach with a sucessful system in place.

Agree, He would probably find a job with Saban in some capacity

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Package deal.

511cd7cbb4ff0.image.jpg

Jason Garrett: Assistant GM, Head coach, offensive coordinator, QB coach.

53166648-400x264.jpg

Judd Garrett: Scouting Director (My goodness look at this guy. Looks like that crazy frat brother that drinks too much and breaks stuff all the time - might explain some of these drafts)

johngarrett.jpg

John Garrett: Tight End Coach, great eye for talent and fundamentals (high and tight as shown above).

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcEJPIPlxFcOhpv_-8WuZRQAodXWfSeDL4aqr8vClXyyQvUabJwQ
Brill Garrett: Wife, serving up some of that secret sauce.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I think Garrett becomes a HC in the college ranks. This will enable him to rebuild his image for a possible return to the NFL.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Package deal.

511cd7cbb4ff0.image.jpg

53166648-400x264.jpg

Judd Garrett: Scouting Director (My goodness look at this guy. Looks like that crazy frat brother that drinks too much and breaks stuff all the time - might explain some of these drafts)

johngarrett.jpg

John Garrett: Tight End Coach, great eye for talent and fundamentals (high and tight as shown above).

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcEJPIPlxFcOhpv_-8WuZRQAodXWfSeDL4aqr8vClXyyQvUabJwQ

His one bro has that Spongebob head thing going on. Square. The other one looks like Dr. Oz. Surely he can help with Tony's maybe new or maybe old back issue.

His wife is pretty but she is pouring out too much secret sauce there. Better save some.

khiladi

Reaction score
Package deal.

511cd7cbb4ff0.image.jpg

53166648-400x264.jpg

johngarrett.jpg

John Garrett looks like McFly... Were's Biff when you need him...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdLvtuMeV_VioQN27Xkq4mUnigqCirlJMsu58QVdWWMsemuy0gnw
How am I still coaching?

bysbox1

Reaction score
You mean he could "earn" his next coaching gig.

You mean the way that every other modern day coach in the NFL without a GM named Jerry Jones has come into the league and became head coach.

It's the way it should have been done in the first place.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I don't think any other NFL team would want to run his offense. Maybe college. I could see him being more successful in college like a lot of other very good coaches. (Spurrier, Saban,etc) Not comparing JG to those 2 great coaches tho.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If he were truly as smart as his college degree from Princeton implies, then he would head to college and become an OC there.

Build a resume, learn from a great head coach, and then see if he has a career in college.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
You folks are delusional.

What's your opinion? I think he will have to drop down to college and work his way up. I can't see another NFL team wanting to run his offense. I think there will be better OC candidates out there for NFL teams.
If I was him I would try to find a good HC gig in the college ranks and stay there.

Coy

Reaction score
He'd end up an OC, or he'd maybe drop down to college. He'd have to put in a few years in that capacity, but he'd be a consideration for interviews for small market openings eventually. He'd interview well and get another shot at some point. Fan opinions in Dallas aside, he's got a really good reputation in the league, and several prominent former and current coaches have alluded to as much.

He may very well have or maybe had but at the end of the day he has been an mediocre coach in the league, the results speak for themselves, a GM would say, in 3.5 years you had a .500 record, no playoff appearances with a roster of players like Romo, Murray, Dez, Smith, Witten, Austin, Ware, Lee, Carr, Mo, Spencer, Hatcher, Ratliff etc. And really nothing to show for, not even improvement year by year?
I think he could be a QB coach or maybe an OC but not so sure about that.