News: Jason Peters and Dallas could have deal as early as Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While Peters had decent ratings last season while playing for Chicago, placing a lot of hope that Dallas signs a 40-year old offensive tackle to help their team success this year does cause one to worry a bit with the state of the team heading into the new season.

Peters better than Ball or Waletzgo at this point.....maybe they get better like our RT did from 2020 to 21?.....our front office needs to gamble more in free agency....Rams super bowl 2 out of 4 years
from gambling in free agency....i am not talking about going crazy like Jerry did late 90's early 2000's.....but what ticks me off is just because we did not like our RT and Cooper we basically cut them
seeing what draft capitol we got for them.....Stephen Jones is the bottle neck....team does not have to win for them to roll in the cash....Like Mike Fisher said cowboys are a Marketing company that
plays football on the side.....that statement is more true than it is false.....but even that being said....i am hoping for a 10- win season....and then miracle ball in playoffs where all bounces go our way
and refs dont see our faults but see other teams penalties?.......i realize very low probablity rate on that scheme for winning but what else we got?....the way some teams wing the ball around even
the defense of 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears could not defend that consistently....hope i am out to lunch and way wrong on that but our defense has to score a lot i think

Reactions: BAT

terra

Reaction score
We DON'T know how good Smith can be at LT; but bottom line its a risk to Dak that if we can mitigate without great cost we should do it.
As regards the other JAGS we have at tackle forget it. All this crap about letting young guys have a chance risks Daks health,losing games and if he gets real hurt the SEASON IS GONE.
So in a lot of ways Peters IS THE RIGHT MOVE NOW.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s the fact that a good solid veteran swing tackle wasn’t addressed. Nothing Waletzko, Ball or Smith have done says they’re ready to start day 1 at the most important position on the line. This is a decision that snowballed when it didn’t have to.

Even if they sign Peters, their handling of the Oline this year was done poorly. Another quality tackle should have been signed from the start. This last minute reactionary handling of the Oline is pathetic. Peters may not play for a week or two and the continuity isnt there.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Terrell Owens, Deion Sanders and Charles Haley say hello.

There is no way Peters is more hated by Cowboys fans than any of those 3 prior to them being signed.

I'm not sure how I feel about signing a player I spent the last decade and change learning to hate.

I suppose it beats watching Daks head removed from his torso.

In all seriousness, I'd bet the delay is about the team wanting to limit the guarantee if Smith proves to be advanced in development, or the situation dictates we may as well play Smith every week.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Even if they sign Peters, their handling of the Oline this year was done poorly. Another quality tackle should have been signed from the start. This last minute reactionary handling of the Oline is pathetic. Peters may not play for a week or two and the continuity isnt there.

Agreed.

Even with Peters signing would still trade for Trevin Jenkins.

Let's take a weakness (swing tackle) and make it a strength right now.

Big_D

Reaction score

I don’t get it. You knew there was a big injury risk. In light of that, it should’ve been a priority. Now they’ll nickel and dime a 40 year old when they’re in desperation mode.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agreed.

Even with Peters signing would still trade for Trevin Jenkins.

Let's take a weakness (swing tackle) and make it a strength right now.

And there was every chance that Peters could have been signed by someone else. We could have had lessor options given the laid back approach Jerry has taken.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t get it. You knew there was a big injury risk. In light of that, it should’ve been a priority. Now they’ll nickel and dime a 40 year old when they’re in desperation mode.

Yep and someone should have been brought in, starter caliber, tackle to compete with Steele for the RT job. Loser being the swing tackle.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yep and someone should have been brought in, starter caliber, tackle to compete with Steele for the RT job. Loser being the swing tackle.

no doubt. Depth all along the line is a major problem at this point.

CWR

Reaction score
NO ONE should go based on this board alone. Skeptics, optimists, lunatics or critics......use your own head. But you gotta admit after 26 years this FO has exhausted their benefit of the doubt capital and now its put up or shut up time. Nothing wrong with pointing out the faults and errors made after the fact...very simple really, hindsight is 20/20. The cynicism is based on facts compiled from past history. We can all still just hope the blind pig finds an acorn eventually.

There's a chance every year. This team has talent, and while I'd take the field every single time, I won't pretend we suck. We don't suck.

I'm realistic, we are a good team but have a ways to go to be great. That doesn't mean things can't come together this year.

As far as 25+ years, yes I'm not buying any of Jerry's BS snake oil. Win in December and make me believe.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Terrell Owens, Deion Sanders and Charles Haley say hello.

There is no way Peters is more hated by Cowboys fans than any of those 3 prior to them being signed.
Nice. Id love to say hello to Prime. I did once to Haley.

A little different though.

I didn't mean Baltimore Ravens Deion Sanders as an example.

Peters is not going to be a key piece of of title run, and thats quite the reach as a comparison.

But dont sweat it.....I signed off on Peters earlier today. He will be here.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Who cares...Lots of sports media sources expecting Dallas to fall off a cliff by mid-season and finish 6x11. Wholesale scrubbing and
rebuilding after this season.

King of Wishful thinking !!!!!! Media sources like who ??? The Philadelphia Inquirer ????? Steven A Smith ? Who are these * Ahem * media sources ?

6-11 LMAO !!!!!

LittleD

Reaction score
So your saying Parsons and Cowboys defense is worthless?:huh::facepalm: The 49ers went to the NFCCG because of their defense. Cincinnati went to the Super Bowl because of their defense. The Rams won the Super Bowl because of Donald and Miller.

I didn't say worthless...Just controlled. Remember all those yellow hankies from last year.

LittleD

Reaction score
We have 17 rookies. There’s nobody saying we will be rebuilding. We’ve been rebuilt.

If we don't make the playoffs, Jerry will tear down and rebuild. That's if he's still above ground. If not, Stephen certainly will.

LittleD

Reaction score
King of Wishful thinking !!!!!! Media sources like who ??? The Philadelphia Inquirer ????? Steven A Smith ? Who are these * Ahem * media sources ?

6-11 LMAO !!!!!

You expect that from those clowns. Do some looking at some of the guys that cover the Boys daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.