Twitter: Jaylon needs to be cut

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Here’s a cut up from Brian Baldinger from 2019 which captures Jaylon “just following his keys” again.

1. Jaylon’s key is Cordelle Patterson (#84) who is lined up just off the LOS

2. Ball is snapped; Patterson feigns a block inside and immediately heads out into the flat; Jaylon drifts over to shadow

3. Ball is thrown to Patterson; Jaylon INEXPLICABLY starts heading the OPPOSITE DIRECTION

This is the problem. Jaylon does not compute fast enough; his field awareness is atrocious.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
LBs are one of my fav positions to watch. So get some that can play, Dallas needs 2-3 new starters.

Positive - we shall get LB's (replace Thomas and Lee)
Negative - unfortunately, it'll be for league minimum.

BHendri5

Reaction score
He doesn’t need to be cut, that just shows he still doesn’t know the scheme and that he is seeing too much and wants to make a play, so he’s jumping at shadows in a matter of speaking, he just needs to slow everything down and really see what is happening the same goes for a lot of others . Poe, needs to be cut, Griffen, Woods, Thompson, Parker needs to be strictly special teams. Pollard needs to be traded.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As usual let’s dump on Jaylon. The defensive tackles get pushed back. LVE gets washed and no safety support. You wonder why Jaylon looks clueless, he covers for the bad safety play and the linebacker beside him.

Yep, the problem with that play starts with the D-Line. Steele going for the nearest block (Moses - T) rather than follow the play to his right and block Sherff (who then wipes out LVE).

In that play it was LVE's gap, but he's blocked out of it as the D-Line is paper thin - there's a reason why Steele was undrafted.

Jaylon does play like a lone wolf and does miss read some plays, but his best work is when he's with the disciplined Lee and LVE.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
The moment we signed this guy to a massive contract I was upset. No way was he going to live up to it.

he had played one good year and Jerry became enamored. He was AWFUL before that good year.

jerry fell in love with his story, and now it is costing us every single week.

he is just guessing on every play. He obviously has very low football IQ. It is rubbing off on everyone else. If this guy isn’t going to get benched, who will???

Bring back Bruce Carter

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke cut/released/traded.....check; Jaylon cut.....check.....Next! DLaw your'e next. The fanbase has spoken

Cmac

Reaction score
Ooops.....LVE you didn't look good on the play also.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

How bad this guy is so HARD to explain to people that only look at stats. For those experiencing this issue....here is some advice. I now tell my friends "the oppositions game plan is to target his inability to have a clue". You know how teams target the weakest corner? Teams are banking on Jaylon being fooled by boots, play action, misdirection etc...And when they get tired of that...they simply bully him because he cannot stack and shed. This organization cannot have any credibility around the league or even in their own locker room....because I am sure EVERYONE see's on film what is going on week after week...for a couple of years now.

The fact that he is not embarrassed to the point of retirement should tell you everything about the culture in Dallas. Not sure how he feels comfortable having his teammates sit through film session every week witnessing what he does. Some of us on this board have been screaming this for a while...but this guy is not a starter, he is not a backup, he is not a NFL football player. Cannot see how he lasts in the league much longer.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This has been going on week after week for years..
WoW....just said that in my post...without even seeing yours. Some people are new to this...but you are right sir...this has been going on for years. We simply have no credibility in the NFL or in this lockeroom....because this sort of film can be seen week after week...year after year. It's like a sitcom.

I am convinced that the Jones boy are well aware and the entire organization is in on this experiment. I am convinced that everyone sorta looks the other way when it comes to this situation. I cannot imagine a coach undresses' him EVERY week in film sessions with the SAME questions. There must be a non-verbal agreement between the Jones boys and the new coaching staff when it comes to #54. Which would make it difficult for the Jones boys to fire ANYBODY...because the coaches can simply show them the film and PROVE that everyone is where they need to be EXCEPT #54!!!! So you can fire every coach...change schemes every week...but as long as you are trotting #54 out there...the results will not change!!!!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Jaylon needs to be cut! This crap team doesn't have anyone better, but cut him to make me feel good.

Jaylon is the least of this team's problems. Cut Jerry, that would actually make a difference.
I disagree....Jaylon is NOT the least of these teams problems...he is targeted EVERY week...and the opposition finds him every week to get EXACTLY what they want. His extension and being gifted his position on the depth chart every week has a trickle down effect on the entire team. I am sure everyone knows he is the weak link...and when nothing is done about it....how do you think that impacts everyone else's attitude?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
As usual let’s dump on Jaylon. The defensive tackles get pushed back. LVE gets washed and no safety support. You wonder why Jaylon looks clueless, he covers for the bad safety play and the linebacker beside him.
No. No. No. No. No. If Jaylon reads and reacts properly....the play is all his to make. At this point..I would be happy if he simply got where he is supposed to be and just MISSED the tackle (like he did against Logan Thomas). At least that would make me feel better about his ability to read the play. This play is designed to take advantage of the fact that Washington felt #54 would be fooled! And teams are doing this to #54 EVERY week!!!!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He's making business decisions.
Saying he is making decisions is suggesting he KNOWS what to do and simply refuses to do it. No! No! No! He is clueless. In fact, I would feel better if he were making business decisions...that would mean maybe a different coach could salvage this situation. He is not a NFL player!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Lol, smh.

I’ve heard it all now. Apparently, Jaylon is covering up for everyone else’s poor play. He’s truly a selfless leader out there.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You’ve watched every snap?
Just key on him the next game. I started doing this a couple of years ago. His magical, mythical 2018 season is a JOKE to people who actually key on him. If you key on him...you will see this guy does next to NOTHING on a weekly basis. I am confident that if you do that the next game....you will understand what many are saying. Why I am confident? Because this is a copycat league and I am SURE the Eagles will design plays to take advantage of his inability to have a clue...just like the team the week before...and the week before that....and the week before that......

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He doesn’t need to be cut, that just shows he still doesn’t know the scheme and that he is seeing too much and wants to make a play, so he’s jumping at shadows in a matter of speaking, he just needs to slow everything down and really see what is happening the same goes for a lot of others . Poe, needs to be cut, Griffen, Woods, Thompson, Parker needs to be strictly special teams. Pollard needs to be traded.
So you're saying he has not known any scheme since he's been in Dallas? This is nothing new for this guy!