Twitter: Jaylon needs to be cut

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I really think this video is a bad example to try and point out Jaylen flaws, his assignment was the H-back that came across the formation, he bit on the fake but that was his assignment.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Look is one thing.

But just watch the OL. Nobody is blocking in the direction Jaylon runs. Where do you think the play will go ?

And we already have 3 defenders on our left side.
No doubt, and trust me I'm not defending jaylon here. he made the wrong read.i do think the old days of just telling you backers to read the oline is gone though.

My biggest concern is he looks like he doesnt know what his read is supposed to be on the play. He's seeing run all the way then jumps to the flat last second. Given this example with how much pushback you see from the players about scheme I wonder if jaylon didn't know the assignment he had.

Big_D

Reaction score
I really think this video is a bad example to try and point out Jaylen flaws, his assignment was the H-back that came across the formation, he bit on the fake but that was his assignment.

Jaylon is lost on a regular basis. the rams gave everyone the blueprint. It’s easy to run that fake and watch this D fall for it every time! Funny thing is if Washington doesn’t score there they could just run the same play. The entire unit is atrocious!

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
The play is a hand off to the left with a line down blocking to the left, from that same formation it could be a fake hand off to the left and a roll out to the right with the H-back rolling right with the QB. Jalon first assignment is to follow that H-Back that is rolling to the right which is what he did how the heck is this and example of him doing something wrong, there are about 4 defenders on the right side of the defense that should have been in position to make that play.

Motorola

Reaction score
Don't know why Playmaker 247 titles his post to single out Jaylon - when the Football Team RB got the ball at the 18 yard line and ran untouched by the Cowboys defense until two yards from the goal line.

John813

Reaction score
Wilson saw the play from 20 yards away and had only advanced 1 yard by the time the runner is on him, I dont get it. There’s so much wrong with this defense.

Our front office just knows how to keep this team loaded with defensive talent. I mean, why bother drafting a safety high when you can land studs like Woods and Wilson in the 6th?

The Natural

Reaction score
Our front office just knows how to keep this team loaded with defensive talent. I mean, why bother drafting a safety high when you can land studs like Woods and Wilson in the 6th?
Its really pathetic. Just look at this

fill and meet the runner halfway
5-F8-CA610-B694-480-C-A9-F5-CFF6-A5-BA1797.jpg

Where he actually makes contact
49-AB83-CA-9-DE9-4208-B7-A0-BAF011-FED7-C8.jpg

John813

Reaction score
Its really pathetic. Just look at this

fill and meet the runner halfway
5-F8-CA610-B694-480-C-A9-F5-CFF6-A5-BA1797.jpg

Where he actually makes contact
49-AB83-CA-9-DE9-4208-B7-A0-BAF011-FED7-C8.jpg

I think we are seeing why coaches didn't want to play him last year or this year until bad play forced them to. Wasn't till Haha couldn't beat out Thompson this year and well Thompson made Heath look like an All-pro last year when he had to play for Heath. And this year with new coaches Thompson still looked like crap. Maybe we can find the next D-II fragile athletic Matt Johnson in the 5th. SPARQs yo

Gaede

Reaction score
Jaylon obviously is not very aware. There's a reason simple 5yd runs turn into TDs against us--Jaylon is too easily taken out of the play, either by the other team or by himself.

But man, *** are Wilson and Diggs doing here. Just like every other big run, the LB craps the bed on the same play the secondary is out to lunch.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon is lost on a regular basis. the rams gave everyone the blueprint. It’s easy to run that fake and watch this D fall for it every time! Funny thing is if Washington doesn’t score there they could just run the same play. The entire unit is atrocious!
That may be the case, but this video isn't the one to highlight that.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
That was bad but the only defense I have for him is that if he did crash down to where he was supposed to, the RB had the cutback open for a possible td anyways because Lawrence was watching the qb.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Folks this is done with purpose. He doesn’t want contact especially straight up contact. Check out 55s effort on that play as well. Just terrible. These guys are not trying.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Lol, smh.

I’ve heard it all now. Apparently, Jaylon is covering up for everyone else’s poor play. He’s truly a selfless leader out there.
We have the worst safeties and defensive tackles in the NFL. You could have Ray Lewis and Mike Singletary out there and it would not matter. Football is a total team sport. I love Parsons from Penn State and hope we possibly draft him but with our safeties and tackles he won’t know what hit him. Then you fools would be claiming he is a bust.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
A LB with zero instincts cannot play on this level. It doesn't matter how athletic you are, one false step and the back runs right by you. You would think he would at least be good in pass coverage, but he is a liability there as well. What asset does he bring to this defense? We heard that there was in fighting last season with the coaches regarding his play, perhaps it's more about how poor of a player Jaylon truly is. Time to cut the cord, bad signing, just move on.