Video: Jaylon Smith running, stopping & cutting video

MyFairLady

Reaction score
OK so I watched the film. He and Zeke need to stop with the old man clips they are pathetic.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
These videos aren't nearly as likely to save Jaylon's career as his on-field performance. Yet, working in the offseason is likely beneficial, also. Let's hope Dan Quinn's guidance plays an important role in Jaylon's ongoing recovery. The upcoming year will be crucial to his future. Here's hoping he'll manage to make the most of it. The defense should be simplified enough to suit his cause, assuming he's in on the action enough.
So true, and we have transcended as die hard fans to the precipice of extreme fandom, that we analyze RBs running past trash cans, and LBs actually making lateral adjustments... during OTAs.
All Im liking is the fact that Im not seeing a vid of Zeke walking a boardwalk swaying back and fourth in a drunken stuper, and JS doing everything he can in a point in an off season where they could
easily be on a vacation somewhere on a large boat with extremely hot women and endless cocktails.
Social media is their biggest nightmare...lol
Everyone checking in guys,,, you better be working!

Einstein

Reaction score
To me it looks like physically he is good to go, but his problem seems to be more of a mental problem where he plays dumb football by taking bad angles and waiting to make tackles later than he needed to, and in that there seems to be the issue of him seeming to protect himself more than play at a win at all cost level that I think many of us want to see.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
To me it looks like physically he is good to go, but his problem seems to be more of a mental problem where he plays dumb football by taking bad angles and waiting to make tackles later than he needed to, and in that there seems to be the issue of him seeming to protect himself more than play at a win at all cost level that I think many of us want to see.
That would be called pay check collecting football, now that is no longer an option.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Has he learned to diagnose the play, plug a gap and give effort every play?
Depends can the DL keep 300 LBS OG out of his lap consistently. All the LB looks bad last year. LB group is the one unit if the guys in front of them and the ones behind suck well so will they.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the sticking point for you is size, you got me.
Zero 6'4 250lb high schoolers were cut.
Several have quit.
At that size, roughly, you just hope a light turns on.

I've been up close and felt the speed of a pro athlete.
That video does not portray an NFL pro bowl linebacker.

One man's opinion.

Jimmy Kennedy
Tim Hightower
Kyle Arrington
Ronald Darby... are athletes I've had the pleasure to work with in drills
or join in workouts, or simply watch my son train with.

Hightower was interesting because he would later
return to the NFL with the Saints. We were Saints fans during his great
month long run as a fantasy football pickup.
I think you’re being hard and on him especially if you expect him to move like a guy like Darby or Hightower….not saying you should be impressed but I think it’s a bit extreme to say that’s not what a NFL Pro Bowl linebacker looks like.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Not sure why someone would make a video like this and put it out on social media.

At first I thought: Is it to sell jerseys? Is it to sell sunglasses? Is it to feed a narcissistic ego? Showing off? Is it to psyche the opponent out? Get more followers on social media? Sell some season tickets?

Then again, maybe he is just a good guy and wants to promote exercise for young people? Motivate people to get out there and make oneself better?

I guess no matter what the reason, if it inspires people to exercise and take better care of their bodies, then it is a good thing. So, kudos to him for making the video and inspiring me to exercise more. I will do 20 extra sit-ups and push-ups. I need to start playing basketball again. Maybe some racquetball again. Best exercise I ever did was racquetball.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not sure why someone would make a video like this and put it out on social media.

At first I thought: Is it to sell jerseys? Is it to sell sunglasses? Is it to feed a narcissistic ego? Showing off? Is it to psyche the opponent out? Get more followers on social media? Sell some season tickets?

Then again, maybe he is just a good guy and wants to promote exercise for young people? Motivate people to get out there and make oneself better?

I guess no matter what the reason, if it inspires people to exercise and take better care of their bodies, then it is a good thing. So, kudos to him for making the video and inspiring me to exercise more. I will do 20 extra sit-ups and push-ups. I need to start playing basketball again. Maybe some racquetball again. Best exercise I ever did was racquetball.
could be wrong, but I don't think Jaylon is the one that put this out. I'm sure that the videos are taken so he can review it to see if he was using good technique, etc. Maybe he told whoever filmed it to put it out. Maybe the guy did it on his own.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Depends can the DL keep 300 LBS OG out of his lap consistently. All the LB looks bad last year. LB group is the one unit if the guys in front of them and the ones behind suck well so will they.
Yes it is good to have DL help but that has nothing to do with diagnosing plays and effort

blueblood70

Reaction score
Running, stopping, and cutting wasn't Jaylons problem last season. His problem is he just can't cover well. Dan Quinn has a plan to fix that. It's called benching Jaylon when the D is in the Nickel formation.
we dont agree on a lot but fans are way over focused on his leg/foot injurys from college, that not an issue nor will it be, hes been healthy since he came back.

His issues are more mental and hes thinking too much, issues are read and react skills are just not there of late ie instincts are lacking..

maybe less thinking and some confidence with DQ will help get him passed some of that..