Jaylon, the pass rusher

JBS

Reaction score
My gf was operated on by Cooper (the Cowboys doc, he did Jaylons stuff) + follow ups and rehab schedule.

It was half a million dollars. Parents were federal employees so they had the insurance to cover it.

Good chunk of change.

You have access to all the info in the world on this and this is what you know?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
No diss at jaylon, but if he can play like Sean Lee we have a winner.

Sean Lee 2x pro bowler 1x all pro selection. Injuries have kept him back but I can see him getting to 1-2 more pro bowls

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
A former knee surgery patient's testimony on recovering from knee surgery is irrelevant to their opinion on Jaylon's longevity after knee surgery? Whatever. :rolleyes:

Your opinion and anecdote are irrelevant to Jaylon's prognosis, yes.

You are not a pro athlete in your early 20s.

You did not have one of the top orthopedic surgeons perform your surgery with the modern techniques.

You are not undergoing top of the line rehab with trained professionals working with you every day.

You are just one person's example amongst millions who have had the surgery. Get over yourself.

The conventional wisdom is that ligament replacement leaves the patient with a stronger ligament and a return to full strength and range of motion within 24 months.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

You did not have one of the top orthopedic surgeons perform your surgery with the modern techniques.

You are not undergoing top of the line rehab with trained professionals working with you every day.

You are just one person's example amongst millions who have had the surgery. Get over yourself.

The conventional wisdom is that ligament replacement leaves the patient with a stronger ligament and a return to full strength and range of motion within 24 months.
All that doesn't change a thing I know first hand about recovering from knee surgery. I didn't get operated on in Mexico, it was here in Texas by a top notch military surgeon with the latest modern technology. He didn't even cut me open that much, just three small incisions for the endoscope and tools. There is no way that minor surgery I had left me less recovered than Jaylon will ever be with his major surgery, long term.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All that doesn't change a thing I know first hand about recovering from knee surgery. I didn't get operated on in Mexico, it was here in Texas by a top notch military surgeon with the latest modern technology. He didn't even cut me open that much, just three small incisions for the endoscope and tools. There is no way that minor surgery I had left me less recovered than Jaylon will ever be with his major surgery, long term.

So you were old when you got the surgery? You cannot figure how that relates to your recovery?

Nevermind the rehab and trainers. Your age should have told you what the issue was.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So you were old when you got the surgery? You cannot figure how that relates to your recovery?

Nevermind the rehab and trainers. Your age should have told you what the issue was.
Where did I say anything about my age when I got my knee surgery? Yet you assume I was old then. :rolleyes:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Where did I say anything about my age when I got my knee surgery? Yet you assume I was old then. :rolleyes:

You said the latest technology. CC said you were retired military. I put the over under on your age at 50.

I also don't believe the surgeon at your local post or VA is the best surgeon the armed forces has to offer.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You said the latest technology. CC said you were retired military. I put the over under on your age at 50.

I also don't believe the surgeon at your local post or VA is the best surgeon the armed forces has to offer.
I was 37 when I had my surgery but that's not an old man. I don't even remember who the surgeon was but they did a good job and it was an arthroscopy not endoscopy as I said previously. Your deductions were fairly close.

I keep forgetting that Jaylon is so young. I think he was 20 when he had his surgery. With that in mind and knowing who performed his surgery, I think it may be possible that he could, with the best rehab science available, eventually make close to a full recovery. His surgery was performed January, 2016... 13 months removed he is making remarkable progress.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I was 37 when I had my surgery but that's not an old man. I don't even remember who the surgeon was but they did a good job and it was an arthroscopy not endoscopy as I said previously. Your deductions were fairly close.

I keep forgetting that Jaylon is so young. I think he was 20 when he had his surgery. With that in mind and knowing who performed his surgery, I think it may be possible that he could, with the best rehab science available, eventually make close to a full recovery. His surgery was performed January, 2016... 13 months removed he is making remarkable progress.

Then you didn't have the modern surgical techniques.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, even if his knee comes around, which is certainly no guarantee, maybe we slow the role on expectations just a bit. The thread is about pass rushing. Smith has 4.5 sacks for his career at ND. Maybe he turns into LT when/if he gets into the NFL but I'm not seeing it. I hope he does but I too would be happy with just play that is compensatory to Lee's.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Right, let's get the basic pass rush working first. Worry about any blitzes later. Which we always seem to not get there in time. We do lack speed there. But get the pass rush first.
With all the DBs gone on our offseason..

I think what we need is to build the defense from the middle back...

we need a good inside DT..

a good strong safety

and a good MLBer would be nice, too.

If we need a good DL man..

if not a DE then take the best inside DL.

We are still building the defense but maximize the picks.

Don't reach and don't gamble.

We have needs everywhere on defense

diefree666

Reaction score
Well, even if his knee comes around, which is certainly no guarantee, maybe we slow the role on expectations just a bit. The thread is about pass rushing. Smith has 4.5 sacks for his career at ND. Maybe he turns into LT when/if he gets into the NFL but I'm not seeing it. I hope he does but I too would be happy with just play that is compensatory to Lee's.
how often did they have him rush the passer at ND? they had two different DCs while he was there and several different coaches otherwise. and one of the DCs was a total disaster.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I dont know about that. My battalion surgeon once told me I was ok to run a fire and manuver range with a 249 Saw and a minor concussion. Maybe the VA is the best we have to offer.

shabazz

Reaction score

But he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night