Jean-Jacques Taylor Out At Espn

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Man was he ever bad at his job. Let's hope he goes away from the Dallas Cowboys completely. He should be very thankful he was gifted a job as long as he was.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Dilfer and Jayson Stark too, probably two of the guys that I found knowledgeable and good enough analysts. Hopefully most of them knew these was coming and like I read "most of them will be replaced by holograms of Stephen A. Smith", until the network goes into the crapper.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Per his Twitter feed
So long and thank you for years of garbage reporting. He is the only person who will miss him. His radio show has consistently had some of the worst ratings of any radio show in Dallas. The only good thing he ever did was when he accidently tweet an extremely offensive message about wings. How can you be a columnist when you spell on the level of a 6th grader? Seriously google Jean Jacques Taylor Wings for P. It's hilarious

AzorAhai

Reaction score
He did it to himself. He basically covers a team for a living and craps on that team as much as he possibly can. Of course people won't like you when you do that. In a highly saturated market, uniting the fan base you cover in hatred towards your "professional" opinion is a death sentence.

fishspill

Reaction score
Dilfer and Jayson Stark too, probably two of the guys that I found knowledgeable and good enough analysts. Hopefully most of them knew these was coming and like I read "most of them will be replaced by holograms of Stephen A. Smith", until the network goes into the crapper.
Until?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
He did it to himself. He basically covers a team for a living and craps on that team as much as he possibly can. Of course people won't like you when you do that. In a highly saturated market, uniting the fan base you cover in hatred towards your "professional" opinion is a death sentence.
I'm not saying your assessment of his schtick is wrong, but I think your conclusion is at least a little off. ESPN is about entertainment first. That's what the big E stands for. Don't mistake it for journalism, even though some good journalists happen to work for the network.

JJT's schtick could potentially work - see SAS - but he's largely irrelevant. Nobody was waiting on baited breath for his take on anything. That was his undoing. I'd argue that Werder fell in that trap, too. I happen to like Werder, he's not a bad guy. His brand of gotcha didn't happen to resonate with viewers. Sometimes it happens. I don't know what anybody sees in SAS, but he pulls an audience.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I'm not saying your assessment of his schtick is wrong, but I think your conclusion is at least a little off. ESPN is about entertainment first. That's what the big E stands for. Don't mistake it for journalism, even though some good journalists happen to work for the network.

JJT's schtick could potentially work - see SAS - but he's largely irrelevant. Nobody was waiting on baited breath for his take on anything. That was his undoing. I'd argue that Werder fell in that trap, too. I happen to like Werder, he's not a bad guy. His brand of gotcha didn't happen to resonate with viewers. Sometimes it happens. I don't know what anybody sees in SAS, but he pulls an audience.
He's been reporting on the local DFW stuff last I had heard about him and was on local radio. You can't alienate a fan base like SAS if you rely on that particular fan base to make a living. Jmo.

Kaiser

Reaction score

My one and only interaction with JJT was at Oxnard Training camp. I was standing on the fence and he walked out with some other guy, Mickey Spagnola and Clarence Hill. He looked at me and I kind of rolled my eyes. His lower lip immediately stuck out a couple of inches and very soon after he was arguing with fans standing next to me. Hill ignored all of it and Mickey answered some questions but never took his eyes off the field. JJT jawed with a bunch of "That's my job" when asked why he dumped on the team. Spagnola would answer good questions and ignore the antagonistic ones, which is what all of those guys should do.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
ESPN is struggling mightily since so many people have wised up and are cutting the cable cord. No need to pay $1200+ each and year for cable. Buy a digital antenna that plugs into the back of your tv for a one time cost of $50 and watch every Cowboys game for free. And the over the air HD signal looks beautiful, better than cable since it is not compressed as is often the case with satellite or cable.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Nobody will. Only espn 103.3 hires the newspaper guys and columnists as on air talent. The ticket is not an option and the fan is not either although they would hire writers I imagine. They are just the ticket light.

THEEBS! Good to so you post, man.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's hard to take much joy in this because the firings are part of a company wide action due to things that people like JJT and Mr. Blue Suit weren't responsible for. That just means that they'll eventually hire another incompetent and vendetta drill jamoke to do their job. JJT should not even be writing for the DMN because his writing is just horrendous. I'm not talking about his opinion, his actual use of grammar, syntax and providing a uniform thought in the same article is about as bad as it gets. And he had the issue with talking to Devin Street and using 'that word' which rightfully upset Dez. The response was no investigation from ESPN on JJT and just the typical 'sticking up for the reporter no matter what goes on.' It enables uninspired and unprofessional reporters like JJT to pollute the landscape.

YR

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
It can't work because whatever you think of SAS, he is exponentially smarter than JJT.
There's no doubt SAS knows how he earns a living and is smart enough to do just that. He's also great at arguing.

I'm just shocked how many people want to watch him do that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ESPN is struggling mightily since so many people have wised up and are cutting the cable cord. No need to pay $1200+ each and year for cable. Buy a digital antenna that plugs into the back of your tv for a one time cost of $50 and watch every Cowboys game for free. And the over the air HD signal looks beautiful, better than cable since it is not compressed as is often the case with satellite or cable.

How do I do that here in HI?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Not true. When I was driving around LeBatard and Stugatz were still on the air. It doesnt get any worse.
LeBatard is one of the lead NBA shills. ESPN is married to the NBA because of their rights deal. It's why the website homepage is all NBA and the networks are so NBA centric. Gotta milk that deal.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
How do I do that here in HI?

Every local tv channel must make their programming available free over the air. This includes all the major networks: FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS. Do you get local programming on cable? If so then the local stations must have a tower that they broadcast from. Purchase a digital antenna to receive that signal, which will actually look better than what you are paying for with cable or satellite.

Also consider buying a streaming device such as a Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, or something similiar so you can get content that way. Much of it is free. Amazon Prime also has a ton of content, as do Netflix and Hulu, all for less than $10 per month.

https://www.groundedreason.com/watch-local-channels-without-cable/