Jean-Jacques Taylor Out At Espn

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Every local tv channel must make their programming available free over the air. This includes all the major networks: FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS. Do you get local programming on cable? If so then the local stations must have a tower that they broadcast from. Purchase a digital antenna to receive that signal, which will actually look better than what you are paying for with cable or satellite.

Also consider buying a streaming device such as a Roku, Apple TV, or something similiar so you can get content that way. Much of it is free. Amazon Prime also has a ton of content, as do Netflix and Hulu, all for less than $10 per month.

https://www.groundedreason.com/broadcast-tv-is-not-only-free-its-better/
I think he was asking how to get all the Dallas games over the air. I have the same problem from KC.

Kaiser

Reaction score
There's no doubt SAS knows how he earns a living and is smart enough to do just that. He's also great at arguing.

I'm just shocked how many people want to watch him do that.

I don't watch ESPN at all unless the Cowboys or Rangers are on. Some of what SAS does is schtick that is no doubt driven by the show producers, but I do respect his intellect. Most people on those kind of shows I just wonder "Who did they..."

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Every local tv channel must make their programming available free over the air. This includes all the major networks: FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS. Do you get local programming on cable? If so then the local stations must have a tower that they broadcast from. Purchase a digital antenna to receive that signal, which will actually look better than what you are paying for with cable or satellite.

Also consider buying a streaming device such as a Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, or something similiar so you can get content that way. Much of it is free. Amazon Prime also has a ton of content, as do Netflix and Hulu, all for less than $10 per month.

https://www.groundedreason.com/broadcast-tv-is-not-only-free-its-better/

But no Dallas games here unless they play on the West Coast late.

RS12

Reaction score
LeBatard is one of the lead NBA shills. ESPN is married to the NBA because of their rights deal. It's why the website homepage is all NBA and the networks are so NBA centric. Gotta milk that deal.
That deal and cable cutting caused these layoffs. Way overpaid for the NBA.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I think he was asking how to get all the Dallas games over the air. I have the same problem from KC.

Ah, gotcha. I don't think you can get them all if you aren't local. Fortunately the Cowboys are usually on national tv due to their popularity and high ratings. A sports bar is always an option for the games that aren't shown.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I live in Los Angeles and only want to watch the Cowboys and Rangers, but DirecTV is really beginning to annoy me. Anyone have advice on how to switch but still get those games from the West Coast?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I live in Los Angeles and only want to watch the Cowboys and Rangers, but DirecTV is really beginning to annoy me. Anyone have advice on how to switch but still get those games from the West Coast?
Especially now with the Chargers and Rams, you're screwed.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
But no Dallas games here unless they play on the West Coast late.

Yes, I forgot that a lot of folks on this site don't live in the Metroplex, lol. Maybe a sports bar for the games that aren't shown, which of course isn't as convenient as watching the game from the comfort of your own home. I have a feeling the cable industry will undergo some serious changes, maybe allowing a la carte options at some point.

erod

Reaction score
Like so many other outlets, ESPN has lost its way. And with it, it's viewership is declining rapidly.

When it was great, ESPN brought us the highlights and focused on sports-related material. Their 30-fof-30 stuff is still terrific, but they don't seem willing to do legitimate sports coverage anymore.

Nowdays, it's on and on with stories on concussions, anthem protests, gender equity issues, racial coaching inequities, and all the TMZ related stuff that surrounds sports today. Nobody worth noting wants to hear the ramblings of Stephen A. Smith and Jamele Hill. The fact Skip Bayless was there so long tells you all you need to know about the culture there.

They're more interested in being Sports CNN than they are ESPN. I know Twitter and smartphones have changed the game for them a bit, but they long lost their way.

And now they're splitting up Mike and Mike in the morning. That was the last frontier they did well.

They had it coming.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Like so many other outlets, ESPN has lost its way. And with it, it's viewership is declining rapidly.

When it was great, ESPN brought us the highlights and focused on sports-related material. Their 30-fof-30 stuff is still terrific, but they don't seem willing to do legitimate sports coverage anymore.

Nowdays, it's on and on with stories on concussions, anthem protests, gender equity issues, racial coaching inequities, and all the TMZ related stuff that surrounds sports today. Nobody worth noting wants to hear the ramblings of Stephen A. Smith and Jamele Hill. The fact Skip Bayless was there so long tells you all you need to know about the culture there.

They're more interested in being Sports CNN than they are ESPN. I know Twitter and smartphones have changed the game for them a bit, but they long lost their way.

And now they're splitting up Mike and Mike in the morning. That was the last frontier they did well.

They had it coming.

Part of it was how the landscape turned into a fanboy culture. Instead of having a reporter who reported the news it became about identifying who the reporter's favorite team was and that reporter gushing over that favorite team and putting their arch rival on blast. ESPN really loves the Eagles because it has so many of its former players working for them.

And there was plenty of that to go around. Bill Simmons always acknowledged that he was a Boston sports fan, but I interned for him when he was at Digital City Boston...a Boston Web site and he was very even keel on his thoughts on Boston sports. Then he became this insufferable Boston fan.

The same with Dick Vitale who eventually earned the nickname Duke Vitale because he was a shill for Duke.

Or Lee Corso trying to go to bat for John Mackovich and Paul Pasqualoni...2 loser coaches.

It certainly worked, but only for a short while and fans were fed up with the biases and fanboy landscape before ESPN got really political.

Even the 30 for 30 has really changed. It was supposed to be about interesting and compelling sports stories over the past 30 years like The Band That Wouldn't Die, From Elway to Marino and The Two Escobars.

Now it's become about fanboy docs where the director gushes over his favorite team like The U, The Bad Boys and Straight Outta LA.

Even Big Shot was a super compelling story that was disrupted by Kevin Connolly's awful directing and allowing the fanboy to get in the way. But hey, he starred in Entourage (and was awful) and he grew up a NY Islanders fan...so we need for him to direct this because no other director could capture the essence of the NY Islanders.

Or in Catching Hell, another great story, was interrupted Alex Gibney having to drag the Boston Red Sox 1986 collapse into a story about the Chicago Cubs.

Stooges like Jonathan Coachman stating that they are not journalists, but they are 'TV personalities.'

They lost their credibility and brought in lots of issues and nonsense that people weren't interested in or if they were, it had a very short shelf life.

YR

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Jean-Jacques Rousseau was the GOAT of jean-Jacques. Then it would Jean-Jacques Machado and Jean-Jacques Perrey

I'll put JJT top 10 though.

erod

Reaction score
Part of it was how the landscape turned into a fanboy culture. Instead of having a reporter who reported the news it became about identifying who the reporter's favorite team was and that reporter gushing over that favorite team and putting their arch rival on blast. ESPN really loves the Eagles because it has so many of its former players working for them.

And there was plenty of that to go around. Bill Simmons always acknowledged that he was a Boston sports fan, but I interned for him when he was at Digital City Boston...a Boston Web site and he was very even keel on his thoughts on Boston sports. Then he became this insufferable Boston fan.

The same with Dick Vitale who eventually earned the nickname Duke Vitale because he was a shill for Duke.

Or Lee Corso trying to go to bat for John Mackovich and Paul Pasqualoni...2 loser coaches.

It certainly worked, but only for a short while and fans were fed up with the biases and fanboy landscape before ESPN got really political.

Even the 30 for 30 has really changed. It was supposed to be about interesting and compelling sports stories over the past 30 years like The Band That Wouldn't Die, From Elway to Marino and The Two Escobars.

Now it's become about fanboy docs where the director gushes over his favorite team like The U, The Bad Boys and Straight Outta LA.

Even Big Shot was a super compelling story that was disrupted by Kevin Connolly's awful directing and allowing the fanboy to get in the way. But hey, he starred in Entourage (and was awful) and he grew up a NY Islanders fan...so we need for him to direct this because no other director could capture the essence of the NY Islanders.

Or in Catching Hell, another great story, was interrupted Alex Gibney having to drag the Boston Red Sox 1986 collapse into a story about the Chicago Cubs.

Stooges like Jonathan Coachman stating that they are not journalists, but they are 'TV personalities.'

They lost their credibility and brought in lots of issues and nonsense that people weren't interested in or if they were, it had a very short shelf life.

YR
The death knell for sports journalism happened about 15 years ago when the story became the background for the self-promotion. And now Twitter has sent real journalism completely over the cliff.

fredp22

Reaction score
wonder why Disney didnt just sell the company before they started making all these changes (why break up Mike and Mike). They seem lost, desperate, and with no game plan just diluting what little is left of the company. A company that employed Mike Ditka and Goofy just doesnt go together .If these recent changes dont help (and I dont think they will) the shell of a company that will be left will rival what Time Warner did to AOL for depreciation of assets.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
So long and thank you for years of garbage reporting. He is the only person who will miss him. His radio show has consistently had some of the worst ratings of any radio show in Dallas. The only good thing he ever did was when he accidently tweet an extremely offensive message about wings. How can you be a columnist when you spell on the level of a 6th grader? Seriously google Jean Jacques Taylor Wings for P. It's hilarious
That was freakin hilarious.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Not true. When I was driving around LeBatard and Stugatz were still on the air. It doesnt get any worse.
Disagree. I think there show is the best on ESPN radio, and it's not close.