Jeff Heath has as many interceptions as the entire Cowboys Defense

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not here. I defended and applauded that guy the whole time he was here.

But, I understand why they didn't pay him. Injuries were mounting.

That is, i thought they'd actually replace him, so I guess they should have paid him versus doing essentially nothing.
I was happy when he got out of the dumpster fire. Glad he made a huge play against the best QB in the league.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He intercepted Mahomes yesterday and it was a huge interception that really helped the Raiders win the game.

Would love to have Heath back on this team.

Never got all the hate for him.

This defense needs him.

Letting Jeff Heath go for 4 million a year was dumb.

Haha Clinton Dix was cut and he would have cost us 3.5 million.

For a mere half a million more Heath could and should have still been a Cowboy.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I wasn't mad that they didn't resign Heath. I was mad that we didn't upgrade the position.

Only guy in our secondary for years that knew where the ball was and made plenty of big plays throughout his career. I'll never forget that hit on Carr on the goal line in 2017.

Bingo, to that first sentence.

dfense

Reaction score
No......I actually like Jeff Heath i thought he played hard and gave it his best

But.....Jeff Heath makes one clutch play every 4 weeks and the rest of the time has issues with coverage
Cowboys hardly ever gave up big plays in the secondary when Heath was here. Not like now anyways.

Loso86

Reaction score
He intercepted Mahomes yesterday and it was a huge interception that really helped the Raiders win the game.

This defense needs him.
I'm really amazed at how garbage he was here and most wanted him gone. Now he makes a few plays and were stupid for not bringing him back lol oh man. He made a few plays for us too doesnt change a thing

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm really amazed at how garbage he was here and most wanted him gone. Now he makes a few plays and were stupid for not bringing him back lol oh man. He made a few plays for us too doesnt change a thing

Yeah we don't need Jeff Heath. Our backfield is teeming with so much talent that we can afford to left him go for a mere few millions.

Let's spend it on bargain-basement deals like Haha Clinton Dix.......

Praxit

Reaction score
...the guy went 100% all time, but in the wrong direction. I stand by the motto, "Life is not fair".. ;)

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The dude has been in this league forever. He is obviously good at something. Now, if what that is takes place on the football field is the true mystery.

Sydla

Reaction score
Letting Jeff Heath go for 4 million a year was dumb.

Haha Clinton Dix was cut and he would have cost us 3.5 million.

For a mere half a million more Heath could and should have still been a Cowboy.

Pay Heath $4MM for what? To be a below average S here again? He had an interception but he's played like 10% of the total defensive snaps in Las Vegas. So they don't even think he's that good.

The mistake wasn't letting Heath go. That was a smart move. The mistake was nickel and diming the S in FA after you let him go.

If people think our secondary would be playing better if we still had Jeff Heath.......... hahahahaha.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Pay Heath $4MM for what? To be a below average S here again? He had an interception but he's played like 10% of the total defensive snaps in Las Vegas. So they don't even think he's that good.

The mistake wasn't letting Heath go. That was a smart move. The mistake was nickel and diming the S in FA after you let him go.

If people think our secondary would be playing better if we still had Jeff Heath.......... hahahahaha.

I had 3 INTs in 2 years. Name of of our DBs that had more INTs?

So you much be happy to pay Haha Clinton Dix 3.5 million. Because that was what the Cowboys was giving him.

MLB53

Reaction score

This defense needs him.
We see the D without him, he got ppl in place and lined up, he was a good player

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You Heath guys sure do try hard.

He was only playing because 2 of the 3 Safeties (that he is behind on the depth chart) were hurt.

He also picked a ball that was thrown into double (maybe triple) coverage that Patrick forced in an obvious passing/comeback situation.

To his credit, Heath made the play.

He is still awful.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Heath was a good third safety. I think we should have upgraded and kept him. As opposed to I don’t know, down grading and letting him walk

Tussinman

Reaction score
kind of harsh but true

Going into the Kansas game he only had like 33 snaps played all year. Despite having a scheme advantage over almost everybody on the raiders he still wasn't even good enough to be a starter.......

He made a nice play yesterday but I would hold off on the whole "oh we let a really good starter walk"

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

This defense needs him.

Yes, Health was hated because he's not Darren Woodson. That's true, of course. He's not as good as Woodson was, but there aren't that many safeties who are. Heath is a good player who helped out defense to be better. Plus, he was even a decent backup kicker. He is missed. I was perfectly fine with trying to find someone better. Football is a meritocracy, after all, but I don't get the hate for him. If the team found someone better, then Heath would have shared the field with him or backed him up. But we didn't, and now we have a historically bad defense. I honestly could not tell you whether this defense or the '89 one was worse. They did find a way to make some plays yesterday, so maybe they're having growing pains and can get better. But I think they would have a way better chance to be good if we still had Heath. I wish Heath well with the Raiders, and in fact he's doing very well there.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because that is what some fans do. We had a UDFA give us average performance for minimum draft capital and minimum salary.

Which is awful for some reason.

And when he came up for FA, they made the right move to let an average to below average S go.

Sydla

Reaction score
I had 3 INTs in 2 years. Name of of our DBs that had more INTs?

So you much be happy to pay Haha Clinton Dix 3.5 million. Because that was what the Cowboys was giving him.

Interceptions are hardly the mark of a good or great defensive back. For all his interceptions there were numerous plays where he was out of position, had a bad read, missed a tackle.

It's downright perplexing as to why so many people like him and think he's a good player.

And again, not bringing Heath back was smart. They should have used the $4MM saved to sign a better safety than Dix. But them signing Dix and his failing here doesn't mean that we made a mistake letting Heath walk.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes, Health was hated because he's not Darren Woodson. That's true, of course. He's not as good as Woodson was, but there aren't that many safeties who are. Heath is a good player who helped out defense to be better. Plus, he was even a decent backup kicker. He is missed. I was perfectly fine with trying to find someone better. Football is a meritocracy, after all, but I don't get the hate for him. If the team found someone better, then Heath would have shared the field with him or backed him up. But we didn't, and now we have a historically bad defense. I honestly could not tell you whether this defense or the '89 one was worse. They did find a way to make some plays yesterday, so maybe they're having growing pains and can get better. But I think they would have a way better chance to be good if we still had Heath. I wish Heath well with the Raiders, and in fact he's doing very well there.

What? Before this last game against KC, he had played like 30-40 snaps TOTAL for the Raiders. He was a pine rider there. He only played against KC because the other Ss were banged up.

So no, he's not doing "very well" in Las Vegas.

J12B

Reaction score
I wasn't mad that they didn't resign Heath. I was mad that we didn't upgrade the position.

Only guy in our secondary for years that knew where the ball was and made plenty of big plays throughout his career. I'll never forget that hit on Carr on the goal line in 2017.

I think a high majority of posters here that Ha Ha Clinton Dix was going to be an upgrade.