Twitter: Jerry addresses RB situation

Chasing6

Reaction score
I like Zeke as a role player.

We need a starter. There's slim pickings now but still a few candidates. The team can't wait until the end of the 5th. This position needs to be addressed.
We have transitioned to RB by committee.

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m not watching Zeke be our #1 again. That’s my final straw.
lol you’ll be watching like the rest of us. I don’t know why they haven’t grabbed RB but they have grabbed needs across the boatd

I don’t know bout kneeland and the LB was a need but they reached a bit. I’ll give some latitude

Chasing6

Reaction score
lol you’ll be watching like the rest of us. I don’t know why they haven’t grabbed RB but they have grabbed needs across the boatd

I don’t know bout kneeland and the LB was a need but they reached a bit. I’ll give some latitude
With QB and WR pay off the charts, RB is a dying position of need early in the draft. The way things are going soon they will be lumped in the Kickers and Punters.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
We learned what the cowboys thought of Zeke last year. Now they love the guy again because they wouldn’t spend more than $4m to get a mid tier guy in free agency.

starfan1

Reaction score
With QB and WR pay off the charts, RB is a dying position of need early in the draft. The way things are going soon they will be lumped in the Kickers and Punters.
Ya if you have a good line you can get by but it is sad though

Growing up watching some of the greats it’s hard to imagine not putting a bit more priority on it

Detroit has done it right with Gibbs but the flip side is KC their RB is late round pick or UDFA I can’t remember which and he’s tough . Pacheco is tough

Of course when you have arguably the second best ever to play the position of QB you can get by with less at other positions

We got neither but I still believe we’ll win 10 games but we need Mazi to develop this year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

If this was being said by some sad behind the times fantasy football player we would all laugh and shake our heads. This is being said by an NFL General Manager. With a straight face.

I think they misspelled it. they wanted to say starting FB ability.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We will grab a RB late today. But Elliot is healed up finally. I know he had a career low average last year. Only had to carry it 184 touches. On a 4-13 team. Thats his first career year under 230 touches. He will pound on teams in the first half. Rest the second half. We are paying him anyways. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We missed our opportunity in 3rd round for a RB. I was hopeful with the extra pick we picked up we’d definitely use it for RB.

Marshawn Lloyd from USC was taken immediately after our last pick in 3rd round. We passed on Blake Corum from Michigan with our 1st pick in 3rd round. I’ll be watching how both of these guys turn out.

Now we don’t even have a 4th rd pick. A huge missed opportunity. Jaylon Wright of Tennessee probably be first RB to go in 4th round.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Raiders did not get a QB. Trade Trance and next years 5th for pick 112.

calico

Reaction score
Put Jerry in a home already. He sounds like one of those boomers that sits watching Fox News all day.

slick325

Reaction score
Oh boy! I'm as big a fan of Zeke that you will find, and I know he is no longer RB1 for a good team. Backup player at this point.

This offseason has been one for the books!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Oh boy! I'm as big a fan of Zeke that you will find, and I know he is no longer RB1 for a good team. Backup player at this point.

This offseason has been one for the books!!!
RB by committee does not have an RB1.

pitt33

Reaction score
I try to be a optimist but it is really hard with this ownership team.
It’s over.

Washington will reach a title game before Dallas, leaving this organization as the last NFC team to not make one during the last two decade plus period.

slick325

Reaction score
RB by committee does not have an RB1.
They tried RB by committee the year after letting D. Murray walk (2015) and it worked so well that they drafted Zeke the next year in the top 5.

But hey the Cowboys organization has shown us over the last 28/29 years that doing it their way works.

phildadon86

Reaction score
With Zeke? Rico Dowdle? Our big FA signing Royce Freeman? Deuce?
We will probably draft a RB in round 5. But I’m not holding my breath.
I’m hoping that we snag Issac. Kids going to be a star. But man I wish Jerry would just stop talking.