Twitter: Jerry addresses RB situation

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You really can't make this crap up on Elliott, then they turn down a trade that gets back in the 4th to drop 7 spots for a guy who would have been there 50 slots lower.

I try to be an optimist but it is really hard with this ownership team.
Zeke had 900+ APY as the RB2 in NE.

He’s good man.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

If this was being said by some sad behind the times fantasy football player we would all laugh and shake our heads. This is being said by an NFL General Manager. With a straight face.

This is what happens when the GM of the football team is a fan of or buddies with the player, blind faith..... it has happened far too often wth this team over the years between jerry and players, Jerry can't see the forest for the trees, Zeke is done as a football player!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
With Zeke? Rico Dowdle? Our big FA signing Royce Freeman? Deuce?
We will probably draft a RB in round 5. But I’m not holding my breath.
We will also bring in undrafted free agents who are hungry. This was not the best running back class. We improved our offensive line and run defense. I consider that a successful draft so far.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

If this was being said by some sad behind the times fantasy football player we would all laugh and shake our heads. This is being said by an NFL General Manager. With a straight face.

Yep, Liking our Own goes to a new level.

Im seriously getting the impression (along with the ALL-IN comment), that Jerry has a gap in his retention abilities .....Jerry - ALL-IN was last year, and Zeke hasnt been 'THE GUY' for about 3 years. We need someone in the present.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
With Zeke? Rico Dowdle? Our big FA signing Royce Freeman? Deuce?
We will probably draft a RB in round 5. But I’m not holding my breath.
Yep, It's like dealing every card to yourself and saying, we've got a good hand somewhere in the 52 (cards) but we dont know where.

With the draft so far with Guyton's second level and Bebe's earth moving (and Steele maintaining the recovery) and some miracle that schoon becomes the running blocker we hoped he drafted last year I suppose it'll be ....'even a 5th Rder should get yards'.

I wonder if we've improved the blocking to assist/create gaps for Deuce.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hate Jerry Jones.
Zeke is toast.
What an utter farce to ignore RB at 87

Surfguy

Reaction score
I’m not watching Zeke be our #1 again. That’s my final straw.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Doing the unthinkable here and giving Jerry the benefit of doubt here. No way he truly expects Zeke to be more than a 7-10 carry/game RB. Just no way.

Theres still a few RBs on the board but they probably need to move up in the 4th round.

Carson

Reaction score
Doing the unthinkable here and giving Jerry the benefit of doubt here. No way he truly expects Zeke to be more than a 7-10 carry/game RB. Just no way.

Theres still a few RBs on the board but they probably need to move up in the 4th round.
In the 5th you aren’t finding a back better than Zeke, Dowdle and Freeman

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The fact people don’t see this is hilarious.

Do you want him to come out and say, “yeah we’re taking a RB next so any other teams, feel free to jump us if you need one to”

Like honestly people.
"Why is Jerry giving away the game plan???"

"Why won't they tell us what they're gonna do???"

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Didn't he have the lowest yards per carry in his career last year? Homie not getting younger.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Zeke shouldn't be relied upon for more than 8 touches a game at this point.

He's done in this league.
Exactly. They’re going to go by committee but it’s not going to work with zeke dowdle and deuce.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I like Zeke as a role player.

We need a starter. There's slim pickings now but still a few candidates. The team can't wait until the end of the 5th. This position needs to be addressed.