Jerry down and out

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey ! I agree 1000%.... Jerry is the GM and the buck stops with him!
He has no one to blame for the last 28 year fiasco but himself.
Now he's acting the victim!
This man appears to have no self awareness.
And the older he gets, the worse it gets. At least when he was 46, he knew he was a football moron.

Bing

Reaction score
We all talk bad about Jerry but it's not his fault its ours.
As the old saying goes....Dont be mad at a clown for being a clown,
be mad at yourself for supporting his circus

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It only took four days for our first Jerry Fan Boy thread. of the offseason.

The guy hid a child for two decades. He's not someone in need of sympathy. Save that for good people who actually deserve it.
I'm not expecting sympathy. Some of what I've read in this thread is outright malicious. The man has his faults, but some are taking this too far. Express your grievances how you please, but wishing death on the man is pitiful.

kumizi

Reaction score
Reading this thread is hilarious. He’s freakin 80 years old.

stinkface

Reaction score
I'm not expecting sympathy. Some of what I've read in this thread is outright malicious. The man has his faults, but some are taking this too far. Express your grievances how you please, but wishing death on the man is pitiful.
Agree. This social media stuff has zero filter. Some folks truly do wish folks would die and would love the chance to dance on their graves. I'm in my 60s and have never seen anything like it. Truly said.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Whiskey Cowboy said:
He looks like a man coming to grips with his mortality, and knowing the clock is ticking. He's maybe not the best GM, but he's been a great owner and a maverick, one of the very few to stand up to Führer Goddell. Say what you like about him, but to wish death on the man because your team hasn't played as well as you like is low. Some of you....unreal. wonder why people hate Cowboys fans? Look in the mirror.
It only took four days for our first Jerry Fan Boy thread. of the offseason.
The guy hid a child for two decades. He's not someone in need of sympathy. Save that for good people who actually deserve it.
I don't think Whiskey Cowboy was suggesting "sympathy" for Jerry, he merely suggested that actually "wishing death" on the man for the sake of a football game is a little over the top.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Now let me clarify that when I said I hope he does not recover ...... I was not talking about him dying ...... I was saying I hope he stays miserable like he has made Cowboy fans since the late 90's.
Got it. :thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hey Jerry, nice job openning up the checkbook to keep Quinn, got to give you props on that.

Now please fire Wonder Boy...............do that and I wont ask for anything else this offseason.;)

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Hey Jerry, nice job openning up the checkbook to keep Quinn, got to give you props on that.

Now please fire Wonder Boy...............do that and I wont ask for anything else this offseason.;)
Not sure which wonder boy you're referring to, but either one would suffice. :thumbup:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Listen we are never getting out of this hell unless Stephen Jones has an epiphany that maybe he isn't the guy and actually hires a real GM once Jerry kicks the bucket, but I highly doubt it. This is a family dynasty for them and they like playing the part of football guru even though they haven't won anything in forever.
We're going to be like the Bidwells with the Cardinals. Year after year of bad ownership. Remembering championships of 50 plus years ago. I have no hope that Stephen is going to hire a GM.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
81 years old and he looked every year of it.
I laugh when folks here post that all he cares about is how many team jerseys he sells.
This is a man who is worth over 15 BILLION yes BILLION $ and trust me Jersey sales are a Far@ in the wind for him
He wants one more (SB Trophy) and the look on his face was him facing the reality that his odds are slim to none as the man upstairs will be calling sooner than later.
It's all on him from the Jimmy mess to the Prescott debacle so he will leave this planet leaving that last dream on the table.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We can blame Jerry all we want, but at the same time, we are far from the only franchise to have long periods of failure in many sports. People don't care the Bills and Vikings are both 0-4 when it counts, they are irrelevant to the NFL. Cowboys could win 16 of 17 and the press would just talk about how we were exposed in the one loss.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And he's wasted 27 years of his life trying to prove a point instead of getting Lombardi's. Do you think Robert Kraft cares that Belichick and Brady get the credit for those SB's?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Go find another team to root for instead of staying here. I mean you’ve already given up as long as Jerry’s here. So spare us you incessant whining over something you have no control of and go root for the Eagirls. My God some of you are just insane.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Go find another team to root for instead of staying here. I mean you’ve already given up as long as Jerry’s here. So spare us you incessant whining over something you have no control of and go root for the Eagirls. My God some of you are just insane.
:lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: So predictable. The truth hurts sometimes Rocky.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
81 years old and he looked every year of it.
I laugh when folks here post that all he cares about is how many team jerseys he sells.
This is a man who is worth over 15 BILLION yes BILLION $ and trust me Jersey sales are a Far@ in the wind for him
He wants one more (SB Trophy) and the look on his face was him facing the reality that his odds are slim to none as the man upstairs will be calling sooner than later.
It's all on him from the Jimmy mess to the Prescott debacle so he will leave this planet leaving that last dream on the table.
My take on it as well… JJ wants so badly to prove he is a successful football guy and was responsible for the SBs in the 90’s

All the money is just a consolation at this point. He has had more $$$ than he can spend in this lifetime for the last 25 years.

He wants to cement his legacy, and he wants to prove that he did it “his way.” As you said, following the last L— that dream feels years away at this point— and how many years does he have left?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
BOOO WHOOOO WA WA WA. The Dumbo GM made this mess that keeps regurgitating in his face for the last 27 years.