Jerry down and out

JustChip

Reaction score
Yes, true. But old Jerry paid for everything, back then you could buy the best players. Look how Jimmy did in Miami, not much. I respect Jimmy alot, but it was both of them that got us those SBs.
Jerry the owner was a contributor, but not Jerry the GM. The only thing Jerry contributed to that early football success was hiring a competent coach and let him run the football operations without interference. Jerry had zero contribution to the football operation other than to sign checks and grin.

I’m not one that canonizes Jimmy, but the evidence that it was Jimmy and not Jerry responsible for the football success is the lackluster results for the past 2 1/2 decades. A time period in which Jerry has been the football guy.

At this point, even winning a Super Bowl won’t change that perception. The only way this team is going to get to and win a Super Bowl is for Jerry to go back to how it was with Jimmy. A strong coach that has the full powers for the on-field product. That includes the decisions on assistant coaches and players. Jerry isn’t going to do that because doing so would just confirm Jerry was not responsible.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now let me clarify that when I said I hope he does not recover ...... I was not talking about him dying ...... I was saying I hope he stays miserable like he has made Cowboy fans since the late 90's.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
Don’t feel bad for him he’s the main reason for it
Exactly. If he actually cared about winning then he'd step aside and hire a GM. He refuses to do that, so one can only assume he doesn't actually care about winning. He's brought this misery on himself and the fans for nearly 3 decades.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That old coot being down is what makes losing more acceptable.

Remember what Crazy Al looked like when he’d stayed too long at the party?

He has made himself the face and voice of the franchise and both are annoying. But I’ve got this feeling that what’s waiting in the wings to take over is worse.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Jerry's just wondering where all those years after Jimmy went. I wonder if he ever admits to himself how bad he screwed that up. He'd most likely be looking at 2 or 3 more SB trophies right now if he had swallowed his pride...

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes ,
It is absolutely amazing to me that a good chunk of the fan base can see he is the problem and he cant see it himself.
He must have himself surrounded by a lot of yes men.
This is a modern version of the Emperour with no clothes....
Look at what just happened. We finally got a decent NT that I and many others have been begging for since 09, and BLAM, we were able to stop the run suddenly.

Why was our D good this year? NT and S's. Just what we've been telling Jerry.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Look at what just happened. We finally got a decent NT that I and many others have been begging for since 09, and BLAM, we were able to stop the run suddenly.

Why was our D good this year? NT and S's. Just what we've been telling Jerry.
He must have poor roster construction advise from his advisers.
How else can you explain these glaring holes on the defense for years ?

kskboys

Reaction score
He must have poor roster construction advise from his advisers.
How else can you explain these glaring holes on the defense for years ?
Since he's the GM and is responsible for hiring his advisors, it's on Jerry. Does he insist on certain things or is he getting bad advice? It really doesn't matter either way, as he's responsible for all as the GM. No one begged him to take this on, so I absolutely do not feel sorry for him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Since he's the GM and is responsible for hiring his advisors, it's on Jerry. Does he insist on certain things or is he getting bad advice? It really doesn't matter either way, as he's responsible for all as the GM. No one begged him to take this on, so I absolutely do not feel sorry for him.
Hey ! I agree 1000%.... Jerry is the GM and the buck stops with him!
He has no one to blame for the last 28 year fiasco but himself.
Now he's acting the victim!
This man appears to have no self awareness.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry the owner was a contributor, but not Jerry the GM. The only thing Jerry contributed to that early football success was hiring a competent coach and let him run the football operations without interference. Jerry had zero contribution to the football operation other than to sign checks and grin.

I’m not one that canonizes Jimmy, but the evidence that it was Jimmy and not Jerry responsible for the football success is the lackluster results for the past 2 1/2 decades. A time period in which Jerry has been the football guy.

At this point, even winning a Super Bowl won’t change that perception. The only way this team is going to get to and win a Super Bowl is for Jerry to go back to how it was with Jimmy. A strong coach that has the full powers for the on-field product. That includes the decisions on assistant coaches and players. Jerry isn’t going to do that because doing so would just confirm Jerry was not responsible.
All good points and we don't have to "cannonize" Jimmy. The Pro Football HOF already did.