Jerry explains "all in"

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Dude is tarnishing his legacy year by year. He may be celebrated by the NFL when he eventually goes but can’t say the same for the fans of his own team

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

e1a9dba347b99252c321c46fd719ecb1.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
I think they consider Lance the “drafted QB for the future”. We’ll see if that’s good or bad in preseason. But I’m betting on Lance being on the team the justification for not drafting a QB. In a sense we did draft a QB with this year’s 4th rounder. I’m more concerned about his stubborn intention of extending Dak.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think they consider Lance the “drafted QB for the future”. We’ll see if that’s good or bad in preseason. But I’m betting on Lance being on the team the justification for not drafting a QB. In a sense we did draft a QB with this year’s 4th rounder. I’m more concerned about his stubborn intention of extending Dak.
He gave up a 4th rounder for Lance......which is high as Jerry will go for a franchise qb.

Business as usual

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

What is "all in"? Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: "Your definition of what is all in and mine might not be the same thing, but I’m trying to win the games this year with my decision. So I’m all in to this year."

Jones later expanded: "I've drafted quarterbacks for the future, OK. I would be reluctant to do that this year. That's an example: Use our first pick for quarterback this year, for the future if you had an opportunity there. You are at 24 and the greatest thing since ice cream, he's sitting there. I'd be reluctant to do that this year. That's called all in this year."

Maybe I’m crazy, but I feel like it doesn’t matter who your QB is - if they aren’t named Mahomes, Allen or Stroud at least, and a QB you genuinely believe is a franchise QB is sitting there at 24, you take it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Dude is tarnishing his legacy year by year. He may be celebrated by the NFL when he eventually goes but can’t say the same for the fans of his own team
What legacy? He's always been one of the worst GM's in the league. The only thing he did right was hire Jimmy and let him control the personnel while he focused on the business side of the organization those first few years.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
If one of the reporters commented on what he witnessed in the interview....
Dear fans,
The waves of hot air rose off of Jerry's lips like flames above a roof. As Jerry continued to speak the hot air climbed higher and higher. The reporter stated, he could feel the hot air from Jerry's tongue blistering the flesh on his face with his long, boring sentences. The room filled with a hot nasty sulphur smell from Jerry's breath. Everyone knew Jerry had spoke his black magic over the throngs of Cowboy fans. Despite hours and hours of practice and millions and millions of dollars, the absurdity of the Cowboys management continued to be like a hamster on a wheel always in motion but not making any real progress.The end!

MikeT22

Reaction score
Hearing Jerry speak, and then seeing the actions Cowboys take it's clear this team has been under Stephen's control for a while now. I truly believe Jerry will do whatever he can to bring Dallas another championship but Stephen puts the brakes on getting FAs, being risky in the draft etc...
Yeah, he'll do whatever he can to win a championship, except for hiring a real GM, hiring a real HC and giving him actual authority, drafting a QB in the first round, etc.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Sometimes?

He's a bigtime excuse maker and apologist.
I love his pretzel logic on how retaining your own free agents is somehow being players in free agency- which free agency is actually about player acquisition. 2 different things. Signing your own of course is important for those who are worth resigning but it is not adding to the team or the process of acquiring talent.