Jerry: Garrett is safe

Whyjerry

Reaction score

If there’s any question about Jason Garrett’s future with Cowboys, Jerry Jones ended that, while speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “If Jason Garrett was on the market two weeks ago, he would’ve had five offers for head coach," Jones said. "I know that. And so you’ve got to look at what your alternative is.”

And people were waiting for Jerry to speak. Why? It is just more of the same nonsense from that guy. Different cleats? That guy is such an idiot. Cleats? Really?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we get back to the cleats issue?

Were we wearing Roos during the Rams game?

It's a ridiculous comment. You go out in pre-game with what you think are the right cleats. If the players don't like their footing you change them before the game. Worse case scenario you change them at halftime. You don't run around all day in the wrong cleats.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't believe the cleats thing...I can promise you this. He is deflecting bigtime.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What should be expectations. I know everyone is different but growing up in the 70s and 80s, you expected SB or bust. We won 20 straight seasons for part of that time. Late 80s was tough. 90s picked back up. So its been a tough 23 years. It's made people lethargic. I'm not sure why this year when you get hot, why you wouldn't expect more. That's why JG has a job....the bar is so low...please win one playoff game...that anything is acceptable while younger coaches with more creativity continue to go past in the left lane.
I understand but this Century we haven’t sniffed the SB, why would that be an expectation?

bodi

Reaction score
Oh, and we had the wrong cleats on Saturday. With the right shoes we're probably winning a Championship this year.

so he blaming the Equipment Guys for not having the correct cleats - well lets see your tem is worth how much - but you bring the wrong cleats

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10 years Idgit.

Nobody deserves this much time with this lack of playoff success. This is our Marvin Lewis.

You don't keep any coach in any sport for this long if they don't get to the promise land.

He is what he is. He's not bad enough to lose and not good enough to win.

23 years, actually. The issue has been around before Garrett. Garrett’s gotten closer than anybody else Jerry has hired.

But that wasn’t really my point. Did you guys really expect a Super Bowl appearance from this team going in? If you did, you were unreasonable to start with. If you didn’t, there’s no reason to be so upset right now. It was a good year for a good team. Why is that difficult to accept?