Jerry: Garrett is safe

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Staff changes , is that what your saying, big change cleat shocker fired, - is Jerry pathetic or what.

Exactly, Its the one area of the team that nobody is looking at........I think Jerry is really thinking outside the box here. :facepalm:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Hope is fine.But you can’t base expectations on hope. You base them on current achievements.

I know. My expectations are pretty low. My whole point to start was that expectations SHOULD be higher for this franchise and JJ robs us of that expectation.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yep

2018 is considered a successful season. I’m not sure why fans don’t get this?
I do get it. I've been saying forever that staying relevant to the end of the year and the P/L statement are all that really matter to Jerry.

The problem with your thinking is you think we should accept Jerry's piss poor low bar. We shouldn't.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’re welcome? It isn’t knowledge. It’s just perspective.

But you guys make me cringe.
I’m beginning to think after all of these years how could everyone not get it and on a social media site like this it must be more trolling, etc.

I understand frustration but surely everyone understands Jerry’s ways by now?

This season by our standards this era was a good year. Maybe that’s what fans struggle with that our standards or the bar has been lowered?

bodi

Reaction score
give me a new OC - some one who can actually change things up at half timed or during the game

thats good enuf - I think we keep Garrett

IMO

I mean hell the Rams CB were 10 yards off plenty of times Dak get your head out your *** an throw it to them until they take it away - thats an easy five yards every time

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do get it. I've been saying forever that staying relevant to the end of the year and the P/L statement are all that really matter to Jerry.

The problem with your thinking is you think we should accept Jerry's piss poor low bar. We shouldn't.
No, I’m saying if you don’t accept it you should walk away because you’re contributing to it whether it’s indirectly or directly and why his revenue continues to grow despite the lack of success.

What matters to Jerry is winning his way. He tried winning championships with a greater situation but he didn’t get the credit he was looking for.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
23 years, actually. The issue has been around before Garrett. Garrett’s gotten closer than anybody else Jerry has hired.

But that wasn’t really my point. Did you guys really expect a Super Bowl appearance from this team going in? If you did, you were unreasonable to start with. If you didn’t, there’s no reason to be so upset right now. It was a good year for a good team. Why is that difficult to accept?

So b/c garret has gotten us closer, we can't do better? Its actually not that close.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
23 years, actually. The issue has been around before Garrett. Garrett’s gotten closer than anybody else Jerry has hired.

But that wasn’t really my point. Did you guys really expect a Super Bowl appearance from this team going in? If you did, you were unreasonable to start with. If you didn’t, there’s no reason to be so upset right now. It was a good year for a good team. Why is that difficult to accept?
I didn't expect a superbowl from this team in fact with this coach and front office I really don't ever expect to win a superbowl if u like participation trophies and accept being average as a goal for your franchise then the dallas cowboy are your guiding light

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m beginning to think after all of these years how could everyone not get it and on a social media site like this it must be more trolling, etc.

I understand frustration but surely everyone understands Jerry’s ways by now?

This season by our standards this era was a good year. Maybe that’s what fans struggle with that our standards or the bar has been lowered?

It’s like a bunch of dogs falling for the ball fake. For 23 years.

I just wish we’d put the criticism where it belongs. It might not change anything, but it’s better than running after that damn tennis ball again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

:clap::clap::clap:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s like accepting anything for what it is.

If I couldn’t handle it I’d walk away. It’s seems futile to continue or expecting Jerry to change his ways.

You either lower your bar with him or continue beating your head up against the wall.

I did that for a few years but exhausted. I turned in my season tickets and walked away. I contribute as little as possible. It is what it is.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So b/c garret has gotten us closer, we can't do better? Its actually not that close.

It’s actually quite close. And, yeah, that’s pretty much my argument. This is about as wrangled as Jerry Jones is going to get. We’re close. We need to continue to improve the roster as we ave been doing and stay in position just like the Saints and Chiefs have done.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
lol did you see crazy eyes? Garrett or Crazy?

OAd3mHL.gif

No joke here people......this is the new Jet coach Adam Gase real-time presser. Hell, watch the whole clip if you can.....way too funny. NY media is having a field day......lol

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

If there’s any question about Jason Garrett’s future with Cowboys, Jerry Jones ended that, while speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “If Jason Garrett was on the market two weeks ago, he would’ve had five offers for head coach," Jones said. "I know that. And so you’ve got to look at what your alternative is.”

I have said this all along, even if the Cowboys failed to make the post season Garrett was coming back, Jerry loves that fool.